Football Fans Behaviour

Al Jolson

I never said it was towards officials exclusively. However, I'd welcome REAL examples of behaviour like you see in a football stadium. The abuse dished out, mostly to players, is absolutely disgusting.

You're a fuckin real one. Do you watch football and look to be offended and then watch another sport and see the fans under some sort holy fuckin' banner that do not offend your eyes/ears?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has gone way over some people's heads. He isn't accusing us of doing anything in specific, he's asking whether we act the same way inside the stadium as we do outside of it. I.e., effectively football players are providing a service for us to watch. Yet we swear and abuse them for the minutest error. If you went into a restaurant and the waiter brought you the wrong food, you wouldn't call him a cunt or swear at him as that would be rude.

OP, a day at the football allows me to release some of the frustations and energies pent up inside me. I wouldn't dream of talking aggressively in front of my employers/peers, never mind swearing.

When I play, i'm even worse. Aggressive as hell. (tu).

Not at all. There's nowhere on earth that you can go and behave like the average football fan expects to and not be pulled up for it.

tell u what we should just tell anyone sitting next to us at games 'by golly that was a terrible tackle that old chap' shhhst im trying to watch the game........

I know. It's shocking. I'm a taig, apparently.

Or.. You just need to get out of the house more, into the real world.

What is said at a football match, especially Ibrox where other than section BF1, fan 'behaviour' can resemble that of a tennis match, what is said at a football match is a lot less than you will hear in my line of work in the armed forces. I don't know if you simply sit behind a desk in a quiet office then go home, close your curtains and listen to classic fm, barely leaving the house, it's difficult to tell.

This thread has gone way over some people's heads. He isn't accusing us of doing anything in specific, he's asking whether we act the same way inside the stadium as we do outside of it. I.e., effectively football players are providing a service for us to watch. Yet we swear and abuse them for the minutest error. If you went into a restaurant and the waiter brought you the wrong food, you wouldn't call him a cunt or swear at him as that would be rude.

OP, a day at the football allows me to release some of the frustations and energies pent up inside me. I wouldn't dream of talking aggressively in front of my employers/peers, never mind swearing.

Obviously you don't live in Australia, mate! :pipe:

You'd call him a fucking cunt and probably kick him in the baws for good measure.:beer1:

I think you would be better served playing chess. Football is a passionate game, winning is everything. What makes you think other sport fans don't act like cunts when they lose?

Are you an egg chaser?

Winning is everything in Chess, to be fair. Also, pretty much every competitive sport.

It's probably the poorest retort of all to call someone a Celtic supporter because you don't agree with them and it's used frequently on here as a poor, but easy, get out for someone with no sensible point of view. Have you anything else to support what you're saying?

Everyone I disagree with on here is clearly a Celtic fan.

What behaviour is OP talking about?

The verbal abuse of players. What I'm trying to say is that if you went anywhere else in life and abused people in the way that people do at a football match then you'd be arrested. Or given a good kicking.

But apparently it's okay to do it at football. But nobody's came out with decent reasoning to back it up.

The verbal abuse of players. What I'm trying to say is that if you went anywhere else in life and abused people in the way that people do at a football match then you'd be arrested. Or given a good kicking.

But apparently it's okay to do it at football. But nobody's came out with decent reasoning to back it up.

Jealousy..inadequate..sexual frustration.. drunk...only way they can act tough

please feel free to add anymore smile.gif

Jealousy..inadequate..sexual frustration.. drunk...only way they can act tough

please feel free to add anymore smile.gif

Lol. It really does my tits in when supporters start spouting that this one's a useless bastard/cunt/wanker. Then they pop up with the winning goal.

Lol. It really does my tits in when supporters start spouting that this one's a useless bastard/cunt/wanker. Then they pop up with the winning goal.

Can't get my head round this picking on certain players. In all the years I have followed our team, many a player was not my cup of tea. But when the manager picked them, well gave them my support.

No player sets out to have a below par performance and to continual pick on certain individuals when they have not played badly is a big no no in my book.21.gif

This. :crabflute: