Football Fans Behaviour

Al Jolson

Rugby? Tennis? Athletics?

Rugby yes although less referee controversy as can use video evidence. Tennis no as they use hawkeye and appeals so not to much controversy with ref decisions and tennis is not so much a team sport aside from doubles.Athletics not as many team sports in athletics and the everyday man will not identify or care so much about athletics compared with football.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rugby yes although less referee controversy as can use video evidence. Tennis no as they use hawkeye and appeals so not to much controversy with ref decisions and tennis is not so much a team sport aside from doubles.Athletics not as many team sports in athletics and the everyday man will not identify or care so much about athletics compared with football.

I mean more in the fans behaviour mate. Fans seem to think they can say anything they want in a football stadium. I'm just trying to ascertain where else in life that would be deemed acceptable.

How does the average football fan behave? do they behave good,bad or just average?

Most fans behave well but every single one of us have seen or heard stuff coming out of the mouths of people that is both wrong and wouldn't be acceptable anywhere except a football stadium.

I think you would be better served playing chess. Football is a passionate game, winning is everything. What makes you think other sport fans don't act like cunts when they lose?

Are you an egg chaser?

Personally, I'm not a rugby fan, no. But I'd imagine there'd be rugby players & fans on here. I'd think we could learn quite a lot from them.

Most fans behave well but every single one of us have seen or heard stuff coming out of the mouths of people that is both wrong and wouldn't be acceptable anywhere except a football stadium.

Depends on how easily offended you are, on a scale of 0 to timothy.

Depends on how easily offended you are, on a scale of 0 to timothy.

It's probably the poorest retort of all to call someone a Celtic supporter because you don't agree with them and it's used frequently on here as a poor, but easy, get out for someone with no sensible point of view. Have you anything else to support what you're saying?

I think people may heckle comedians which may be rude then others may boo wrestlers(the ones portrayed as bad guys) and also at things like boxing and mixed martial arts also.There are also preachers who incite hatred perhaps also declare jihads.I know the point you are making and it is not without merit.I feel people are more emotional and attached to their football teams and that does not always manifest itself in the best way.Football fans try to encourage their chosen team to win but they will also slag rivals and be slagged off by rival fans.As long as I have lived football has always been this way and always will be.

It's probably the poorest retort of all to call someone a Celtic supporter because you don't agree with them and it's used frequently on here as a poor, but easy, get out for someone with no sensible point of view. Have you anything else to support what you're saying?

Where did I say this?

I think people may heckle comedians which may be rude then others may boo wrestlers(the ones portrayed as bad guys) and also at things like boxing and mixed martial arts also.There are also preachers who incite hatred perhaps also declare jihads.I know the point you are making and it is not without merit.I feel people are more emotional and attached to their football teams and that does not always manifest itself in the best way.Football fans try to encourage their chosen team to win but they will also slag and be slagged off by rival fans.As long as I have lived football has always been this way and always will be.

I agree with all of that mate apart from the last three words. Football is a changing whether we like it or not.

I agree some things that are said shouldn't be, but why do you think it's just in football stadiums derogatory things are said toward officials?

I agree some things that are said shouldn't be, but why do you think it's just in football stadiums derogatory things are said toward officials?

I never said it was towards officials exclusively. However, I'd welcome REAL examples of behaviour like you see in a football stadium. The abuse dished out, mostly to players, is absolutely disgusting.

I never said it was towards officials exclusively. However, I'd welcome REAL examples of behaviour like you see in a football stadium. The abuse dished out, mostly to players, is absolutely disgusting.

Fuck off ya taig loving bastard