Rst Meet With James Kelly Msp‏

Just got this e-mail from the RST.

Earlier this week members of the RST Board met with James Kelly MSP. Mr Kelly is the deputy convener of the Scottish Parliament’s Justice Committee which is considering the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Bill.

Mr Kelly and all the non-SNP members of the Justice Committee voted against the Bill citing concerns over free expression being curtailed.

The RST put forward the view that the Bill should be voted down in it’s entirety as it is flawed and in any case every offence raised in it already exists under Scots Law and the sentencing provisions are draconian but already available to the courts.

Mr Kelly is continuing to consult other fans groups and interested parties to help formulate Labour Party policy with regard to the progress of the Bill through the Parliament.

The Rangers Supporter Trust asks that it’s members and football fans in general oppose the Bill and make their feeling known to their MSPs.

If you’d like to contribute your thoughts to the Trust please email us - rstinfo@rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk

You can find details of your local MSPs on this website - http://www.scottish....k/msps/177.aspx

The Take A Liberty Scotland website has a great range of information about the campaign against the Bill on their website - http://takealiberty.blogspot.com/

Atleast the Labour Party are asking for views from different supporters groups which is an encouraging step to hopefully stop this shame of a bill going through Holyrood.

Labour are right behind the bill, it will go through, although I hope it is ammended as I'm not happy with the bill in its current form.

Labour are right behind the bill, it will go through, although I hope it is ammended as I'm not happy with the bill in its current form.

Behind stopping Sectarianism yes, behind the bill atm, they aren't. Anyway it doesn't really matter anyway because Salmond will use his majority to steamroll the bill through eventually.

The whole thing is a crock of shit, just like the cunts who are driving it through.

Now let me get this straight...Here's the scenario :sherlock: I know for a FACT that a certain player who plays for....Oh, lets say, Ra Shellic for example, is a rabid Irish republican supporter and also was born before his parents got married, PLUS he washes only once a week

So I'm at a game and I yell out to him...YA DIRTY PAPISH BASTARD :craphead:...Does that mean I can be arrested even although all I'm saying is true?

I plead NOT GUILTY M'Lud :D

Should have worded it better Craig.

Labour as you quite rightly said voted against the current bill. They are seeking amendments, Gray and co are firmly behind tackling sectarianism.

Gray is the worst politician ever. It's almost as if they have given up by putting him in an important position. (tu)

Yes with more Transparency and Fairness.

so you think jack mcconell's approach was transparent and fair... :lol:

As for labour consulting people...the RST, or at least the guy who keeps some of there funds in his bank account, have already had time in front of the justice comitee..they consulted about 150 people from interested parties in interviews and written statements.....i would say that part, at least, is fair enough.