*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

Found a decent looking update on FM-Base mate. (tu)

I'll send him thataway 00000042.gif

I just started up 12 to start my admin game..... forgot how slow it is compared to 11. Just gonna put us into admin, find the newest transfer updates, and start a new one on there.

Anyone downloaded LFCMarshalls update? Played 1 SPL game and still not had a 10 pt deduction even though I'm in admin?

I thought he only did transfer updates, not complete DB updates?

Anyone got the April fools joke yet? :lol:

Same one as the last few years.

Just got it there laugh.gif Never had it before but I've known about it. Same as the Happy Birthday from everyone at the club message when it's your birthday in real life and on your birthday in the game!

Just got it there laugh.gif Never had it before but I've known about it. Same as the Happy Birthday from everyone at the club message when it's your birthday in real life and on your birthday in the game!

Aye :lol:

I forgot about the Birthday one aswell. :lol:

Aye :lol:

I forgot about the Birthday one aswell. :lol:

It's quite good how they came up with the idea laugh.gif I bet a few folk have been heavily caught out over the years!

How's Geoff Brown been treating you mate? He provided a warchest yet :P?

It's quite good how they came up with the idea laugh.gif I bet a few folk have been heavily caught out over the years!

How's Geoff Brown been treating you mate? He provided a warchest yet :P?

That save died a long time ago unfortunately mate. :(

I'm currently playing in my Rangers save in 2016 with Craig Whyte in charge. ( :angry: )

He does give me a lot of transfer funds though.

That save died a long time ago unfortunately mate. :(

I'm currently playing in my Rangers save in 2016 with Craig Whyte in charge. ( :angry: )

He does give me a lot of transfer funds though.

Aye SI do seem to have him attributed to lots of funds, he must have duped them as well the cunt wanker.gif

In my first save with Rangers we had the customary £1.5m to spend in the first season then £8m+ in the second.

What sort of team have you put together in that save?

Final game of the season coming up at Inverness at last. Was six points behind Celtic with three to go going into the Old Firm game at Parkhead. A late Goian goal made it 1-1 after Rogne had scored early on.

Blew any chance I had though with a 1-0 defeat at home to Hearts. Pisses me off when I'm as attacking as I can possibly get, and there's no highlight for 40 minutes. Celtic lost 5-1 to Hibs as well, but they are champions.

Aberdeen relegated though. :lol:

Will try to nick Fyvie off them for cheap.

Aye SI do seem to have him attributed to lots of funds, he must have duped them as well the cunt wanker.gif

In my first save with Rangers we had the customary £1.5m to spend in the first season then £8m+ in the second.

What sort of team have you put together in that save?

My current starting 11 is:

Iliev

Soliz (regen) Bartley Gehring (regen) Wallace

Weiss Davis Cerny (regen) Elia

Sanogo Griffiths

My bench is mainly made up of regens with 5 star potential, aswell as Naismith, McGregor and James McArthur.

I've won the treble each season and managed to reach the Champions League semis last season, so things are going really well.

I'm switching between that save and my Morton save (in 2017) where I got promoted from the 1st Division in my first season, and I'm now sitting on top of the SPL (on goal difference) in January 2017. I've also got to the Last 32 of the Europa League in that last 2 consecutive seasons and have some quality regens in my side. :drool:

Final game of the season coming up at Inverness at last. Was six points behind Celtic with three to go going into the Old Firm game at Parkhead. A late Goian goal made it 1-1 after Rogne had scored early on.

Blew any chance I had though with a 1-0 defeat at home to Hearts. Pisses me off when I'm as attacking as I can possibly get, and there's no highlight for 40 minutes. Celtic lost 5-1 to Hibs as well, but they are champions.

Aberdeen relegated though. :lol:

Will try to nick Fyvie off them for cheap.

Unlucky mate! Was this with the 10 points deducted or just a normal season? In my save with 10 points deducted we got taken over by an Iranian who gave me £60m to spend drool.gif Fyvie was one of my signings as part of the future but has played the majority of the season despite his low technical attributes. Played beside Davis in a 4-4-2 as a Ball Winning Midfielder (defend) he hasn't been a stand out performer but in saying that he hasn't put a foot wrong all season. I'd recommend him.

Work closely with the coaches and him in training to make sure you improve the important parts of his game through training 00000042.gif

My current starting 11 is:

Iliev

Soliz (regen) Bartley Gehring (regen) Wallace

Weiss Davis Cerny (regen) Elia

Sanogo Griffiths

My bench is mainly made up of regens with 5 star potential, aswell as Naismith, McGregor and James McArthur.

I've won the treble each season and managed to reach the Champions League semis last season, so things are going really well.

I'm switching between that save and my Morton save (in 2017) where I got promoted from the 1st Division in my first season, and I'm now sitting on top of the SPL (on goal difference) in January 2017. I've also got to the Last 32 of the Europa League in that last 2 consecutive seasons and have some quality regens in my side. :drool:

Excellent stuff mate! The team looks brilliant drool.gif I like the sound of your Morton save, I've always wanted to break the OF in FM with an SFL team but never really got round to it. I might try it with Ayr (local side) at some point if I can be bothered :P How did you come about getting the finances to break the OF?

Unlucky mate! Was this with the 10 points deducted or just a normal season? In my save with 10 points deducted we got taken over by an Iranian who gave me £60m to spend drool.gif Fyvie was one of my signings as part of the future but has played the majority of the season despite his low technical attributes. Played beside Davis in a 4-4-2 as a Ball Winning Midfielder (defend) he hasn't been a stand out performer but in saying that he hasn't put a foot wrong all season. I'd recommend him.

Work closely with the coaches and him in training to make sure you improve the important parts of his game through training 00000042.gif

With the deduction. Waiting to see what kind of fund I get given. Not wanting to go silly though, spending no more than £2mill on the one player.

Excellent stuff mate! The team looks brilliant drool.gif I like the sound of your Morton save, I've always wanted to break the OF in FM with an SFL team but never really got round to it. I might try it with Ayr (local side) at some point if I can be bothered :P How did you come about getting the finances to break the OF?

Well I've not split the OF yet, but Rangers are 8 points behind me and playing poorly so it looks likely that I will.

As for finances, in my first season in the SPL I got no money to spend so had to bring in free transfers, some were bargains (Ben Mee, Stephen McGinn and Georgie Welcome) who are all still in my squad.

It was the same the next season although I got to spend a whopping £500 ( :lol: ) on a young Romanian regen who is still in my team and is proving to be a bargain.

My 3rd season in the SPL I spent £275k combined on 3 players and brought in some 4/5 star potential regens who were released by their clubs, including a youngster from Barcelona who is destroying the SPL this season and attracting interest from Man Utd and Chelsea now.

4th season in the SPL I spent £375k combined on 2 regens and also snapped up an Austrian regen striker who scored 16 goals in his first season and Man Utd and Liverpool want him now.

This season I've only spent £65k compensation on a regen striker who Chelsea now are interested in. My board have also just gave me £350k which I'm delighted with.

Basically I'm just careful with the wage budget and have generated good prize money from the Europa League and SPL.

Well I've not split the OF yet, but Rangers are 8 points behind me and playing poorly so it looks likely that I will.

As for finances, in my first season in the SPL I got no money to spend so had to bring in free transfers, some were bargains (Ben Mee, Stephen McGinn and Georgie Welcome) who are all still in my squad.

It was the same the next season although I got to spend a whopping £500 ( :lol: ) on a young Romanian regen who is still in my team and is proving to be a bargain.

My 3rd season in the SPL I spent £275k combined on 3 players and brought in some 4/5 star potential regens who were released by their clubs, including a youngster from Barcelona who is destroying the SPL this season and attracting interest from Man Utd and Chelsea now.

4th season in the SPL I spent £375k combined on 2 regens and also snapped up an Austrian regen striker who scored 16 goals in his first season and Man Utd and Liverpool want him now.

This season I've only spent £65k compensation on a regen striker who Chelsea now are interested in. My board have also just gave me £350k which I'm delighted with.

Basically I'm just careful with the wage budget and have generated good prize money from the Europa League and SPL.

Absolutely amazing transfer dealings mate drool.gif I imagine if you sell them on you'll bring in millions?

With the deduction. Waiting to see what kind of fund I get given. Not wanting to go silly though, spending no more than £2mill on the one player.

Sensible approach mate 00000042.gif

Especially with the low income SPL teams receive. I once had a debate on an FM fan site about how League's revenue doesn't alter in accordance with the "Dynamic League Reputation" feature. They argued that it was against SI's rights or something to do with legal battles wacko.gif

Absolutely amazing transfer dealings mate drool.gif I imagine if you sell them on you'll bring in millions?

Cheers mate.

Well I've already knocked back £1.5million from Arsenal for the young Czech lad, aswell as £1million from Man Utd for the Austrian.

I've also had a few bids of around £500k-£800k for my young left back and a centre midfielder but if I'm honest I don't want to sell any of them as I want to build a young squad who can win the SPL.

I'm just dreading my board accepting a crappy offer for one of them on my behalf though. :anguish:

Cheers mate.

Well I've already knocked back £1.5million from Arsenal for the young Czech lad, aswell as £1million from Man Utd for the Austrian.

I've also had a few bids of around £500k-£800k for my young left back and a centre midfielder but if I'm honest I don't want to sell any of them as I want to build a young squad who can win the SPL.

I'm just dreading my board accepting a crappy offer for one of them on my behalf though. :anguish:

I'd still think 1st place auto quals for the Champs League Groups in your save? So if you win the league you'll be guaranteed £6-9m :P

Just try make sure if the board do accept an offer you have a new youngster ready to step up to the mark! That's how we should be run in today's footballing world.

I'd still think 1st place auto quals for the Champs League Groups in your save? So if you win the league you'll be guaranteed £6-9m :P

Just try make sure if the board do accept an offer you have a new youngster ready to step up to the mark! That's how we should be run in today's footballing world.

Aye, I think 1st place qualify automatically for the Champions League Group stages and 2nd place have to go through 1 or 2 qualifying rounds.

I just beat Celtic 3-0 at home so I'm now 3 points clear at the top, so I'm pretty confident I'll split the Old Firm - winning the SPL will be tougher though.

The board have been pretty good so far, they let me accept/reject offers even if they are over £1million, but I think if someone offered £2.5million+ they would step in and accept.

Was offered the Newcastle and Spartak jobs but turned them down when I got a £12m transfer budget with Rangers. Sold Naismith and Davis too.

Signed N'Zonzi, Goodwillie on a permenant deal, Cairney, Jutkiewickz(sp), Tello and a couple of good regens.

First after 15 games. Got a tough CL group of Man City, Bayern and Fenerbache. Lost 3 and won 1 so far, will probably come bottom.

So Billy Kirkwood is in charge of contract renewals for the youth team. Young Miguel Hamutenya, who'd struggled to break through at St Andrews during a loan spell, comes back, and Billy decides that he has enough promise to warrant a new deal. 19 year old.. never played a professional game. Best offer him £7k a week. (tu)

Billy now no longer has a job.