Grant Adam charged with Sectarian BOTP

PapSlap

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a story in the paper regarding Hibs goalie Graham Stack being charged with ABH and someone has eneded up in hospital over it.

Funny how the majority of us didn't even know about it (I only got an email about it).

I would say that is worse than the language that comes out someone's mouth!

Hibs players will not sell your newspaper....pretty simple really

There is a story in the paper regarding Hibs goalie Graham Stack being charged with ABH and someone has eneded up in hospital over it.

Funny how the majority of us didn't even know about it (I only got an email about it).

I would say that is worse than the language that comes out someone's mouth!

Totally agree

The same goalkeeper that got away with hitting Lafferty in the chest recently.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying they won't understand why for a few years. They're 5 for fucks sake.

Not arguing their age or their perception at that age, all I'm having a dig at is why should we have different schools which create devision in our culture as the kids grow up

Our children are all born in non-denominational hospitals, then attend non denom. nursery schools. So why tell a five year old you are different from your friends, and cant go to school with your friends that you played with. This is where sectarianism begins.

Our children are all born in non-denominational hospitals, then attend non denom. nursery schools. So why tell a five year old you are different from your friends, and cant go to school with your friends that you played with. This is where sectarianism begins.

I would like to see this quote and question put forward at EVERY single meeting to discuss Sectarianism.

In 2002 Bishop Joe Devine said the following......

"Denominational education is an enabler of sectarianism. Roman Catholic schooling is divisive," said Devine. But he addded: "Sometimes it's a price worth paying.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4156/is_20020922/ai_n12577911/

Fast forward to 2011 and he said this after MSP John Lamont dared bring up the subject of Faith Schooling in Holyrood.

Bishop of Motherwell the Rt Rev Joseph Devine, who is the president of the Catholic Education Commission, angrily branded Mr Lamont's comments "irresponsible".

"The claim that Catholic schools are the cause of sectarianism is offensive and untenable," he said. "There has never been any evidence produced by those hostile to Catholicism to support such a malicious misrepresentation."

Yes people will argue over the semantics of enabler and cause but he basically admitted Faith Schools play their part in "Sectarianism" whether he likes it or not.

I think sectarianism begins when you meet steakbake. I was allright until then. Need to join the gunner guinon rehab clinic.

:clap:(tu)

My son lost his best friend from nursery this year when they both started school. Such a shame, he was heart broken.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying they won't understand why for a few years. They're 5 for fucks sake.

5 years old is easily old enough to understand the message that you are included in one group but not another.

The clean and the unclean separated at 5 years of age, it sounds biblical, I'll give that to the papes.

In Garelochhead, there is no alternative but for kids to go to the non-denominational primary school. Consequently, the handful of catholic kids largely supported The Rangers.

There were only two - two! - who followed the dark side.

The catholic kids were only sent on to religious schools at the start of secondary. Two of them were both withdrawn by their parents (then enrolled in the local non-denominational secondary school) as a result of the hateful and violent bigotry they were subjected to as a result of being supporters of The Rangers.

5 years old is easily old enough to understand the message that you are included in one group but not another.

The clean and the unclean separated at 5 years of age, it sounds biblical, I'll give that to the papes.

Yeah, but not to understand why you are included in one group and not another. You don't even know the alphabet yet for crying out loud.

In Garelochhead, there is no alternative but for kids to go to the non-denominational primary school. Consequently, the handful of catholic kids largely supported The Rangers.

There were only two - two! - who followed the dark side.

The catholic kids were only sent on to religious schools at the start of secondary. Two of them were both withdrawn by their parents (then enrolled in the local non-denominational secondary school) as a result of the hateful and violent bigotry they were subjected to as a result of being supporters of The Rangers.

My Ma and her sister got withdrawn from St Joseph's in Kilmarnock after they got horrific bullying for being 'paki's' (they were Italian, so had a slightly darker skin tone). Anyway, they moved to the non-denominational Kilmarnock Acadamy without a problem.

Maybe different schools but you still play with yer mates at home afterwards, I had mates that went to different schools that were non religious based places

Yeh, but if you have been rode at school then you will be at home with cream on your ring, not playing football doon the park, as your mother tells you to "don't make a scene" and "it never did your father any harm".

Terrible but true. Why anyone would want that cycle to continue beggars belief.

:disappointment: