Hindi updates of the game on Saturday

Boab

Rangers will deliver another first in the world of social media this weekend as the club offers a Hindi Twitter commentary of the SPL clash with St Johnstone.

The service will allow football fans in India and beyond to follow the Light Blues' progress ahead of the arrival of Indian pair Sunil Chhetri and Jeje Lalpekhlua on trial later this month.

With thousands of fans already enjoying up to the minute action from Ibrox on the club's official account, there is now a chance for Hindi speakers to get closer to the club through social media.

Global interest in the Light Blues has already increased in America with the recent signings of Carlos Bocanegra and Alejandro Bedoya, and there will be undoubted interest from India if Chhetri and Lalpekhlua are able to earn moves to Scotland.

Rangers' Head of Business Development, Raymond Farrelly, will travel to India later this month to meet high-ranking personnel from Indian League clubs in the capital Mumbai and Kolkata before visiting the Tata football academy in Jamshedpur.

The club is already working closely with the Asian Community in Glasgow through links with Radio Awaz, cross community initiatives and the hosting of the UK Asian Football Championships.

And going forward Rangers will utilise relationships with supporters like Satty Singh to cultivate improved links with the Asian community, as part of the Friends of Rangers Action Group.

Ali Russell, Rangers Chief Operating Officer, said: "The club is attracting interest globally and there is now a huge appetite across the Atlantic following the recent signings of Carlos Bocanegra and Alejandro Bedoya.

"A Rangers delegation will visit India later this month to meet with key officials from the Indian Premier League.

"The club already has links to India thanks to the Rangers Charity Foundation's partnership with UNICEF and there are undoubted opportunities for Rangers in the Indian/Asian market."

Any supporters interested in being involved in the club's future output in Hindi, Urdu or Punjabi should get in touch through Twitter.

You can catch all the action from the weekend clash in Hindi by following @rfc_hindi on Twitter.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20111116/another-first-for-gers_2254024_2516940

More inventiveness.

We are certainly looking at developing more revenue from emerging countries which is good. But on the other hand, I don't want to buy these two guys just on the off chance that we might get 2000 Indians looking out for Rangers' results. At the end of the day we are playing in the SPL and because of this our global appeal is limited.

When Celtic bought Nakamura and Mizuno it was meant to create interest in Japan about their club, but aside from their website having a Japanese language option and a fictional tour of Japan, what did it really bring?

Of all the trialists we've seen this season, these two will sign for sure.

Definitely looks like we're looking to tap right into the Indian market anyway, with those 2 plus the Nepalese defender playing in India (Rohit Chand) and now the Hindi updates.

We are certainly looking at developing more revenue from emerging countries which is good. But on the other hand, I don't want to buy these two guys just on the off chance that we might get 2000 Indians looking out for Rangers' results. At the end of the day we are playing in the SPL and because of this our global appeal is limited.

When Celtic bought Nakamura and Mizuno it was meant to create interest in Japan about their club, but aside from their website having a Japanese language option and a fictional tour of Japan, what did it really bring?

It brought us this:

http://www.plus-blog.sportsnavi.com/account/wanibenfica/images/20080411-02.jpg

Brilliant news, keeping up with the times and showing initiative and ambition, stuff Murray and his puppets neglected for too long.

Good luck Rangers and welcome to any new American and Asian Bears that we have in our family. :clap:(tu)

Allyger, Nakamura was worth every penny of his transfer fee and some, anything else that transfer brought was a bonus, who knows for sure what it brung to the club but one thing is certain, it wasnt a waste of time or money. We are too ignorant in Scotland and too full of hate and/or envy to know what the true impact was in Japan. He was a fucking superstar over there, it must have had some impact. On the other hand, Dug Muncher 2, Hoki Koki Mizuno was a waste of space, money and time.

The secret is getting the right player, the right quality, someone who will bring something different and/or special to our team, any team.

I am all for expanding our horizons and congratulate the club for at least trying.

(tu)

We will be going on a tour of India sooner rather than later. Certainly good to see we are going over there talking to the clubs and seeing the academy. If we could get a link with the academy that would be potentially amazing in the future.

Second biggest population in the world apart from china isnt it ? Must be a few good/potentially great footballers in there somewhere.

Also i have never even heard of this Raymond guy until now.

We should be opening opening Rangers stores in America or potentially India in the future

Brilliant news, keeping up with the times and showing initiative and ambition, stuff Murray and his puppets neglected for too long.

Good luck Rangers and welcome to any new American and Asian Bears that we have in our family. :clap:(tu)

Allyger, Nakamura was worth every penny of his transfer fee and some, anything else that transfer brought was a bonus, who knows for sure what it brung to the club but one thing is certain, it wasnt a waste of time or money. We are too ignorant in Scotland and too full of hate and/or envy to know what the true impact was in Japan. He was a fucking superstar over there, it must have had some impact. On the other hand, Dug Muncher 2, Hoki Koki Mizuno was a waste of space, money and time.

The secret is getting the right player, the right quality, someone who will bring something different and/or special to our team, any team.

I am all for expanding our horizons and congratulate the club for at least trying.

(tu)

I agree, Nakamura was a great signing for them, but I felt that if I mentioned Mizuno then I may as well mention Nakamura as well. I am fine with us signing these two if they can come in an make anywhere near the impact of Nakamura, but if we sign two Mizuno's who just sit on the bench or play in the reserves then I fail to see the point in signing them.

I agree, Nakamura was a great signing for them, but I felt that if I mentioned Mizuno then I may as well mention Nakamura as well. I am fine with us signing these two if they can come in an make anywhere near the impact of Nakamura, but if we sign two Mizuno's who just sit on the bench or play in the reserves then I fail to see the point in signing them.

Totally agree mate. (tu)

Getting them in the CL and us papped out by Kaunas was worth that alone to them.

I dont think we can afford to buy any player unless they are gonni be in and about the first team.

To be honest, if we sign these guys I think there will be slightly more than 2000 fans looking at our results. India is one of the biggest and most lucrative sports markets in the world. It's a huge country

I dont think we can afford to buy any player unless they are gonni be in and about the first team.

Bedoya, Ortiz, Kerkar, Healy..............

Extensions of contracts for Weir, Perry, McMillan etc etc

How many first team apprearances do all those players have between them for the season so far? Not many i imagine.

Too many passengers around the squad costing us money.

To be honest, if we sign these guys I think there will be slightly more than 2000 fans looking at our results. India is one of the biggest and most lucrative sports markets in the world. It's a huge country

Ok it has a massive population, but 40% of that population live below the poverty line so I can't see them splashing the cash on Rangers. Plus we play in the SPL so there is a limit on what we can realistically expect to gain from this type of venture, thats all I'm saying. Not saying we can't make a success out of this, but that we need to be realistic

Ok it has a massive population, but 40% of that population live below the poverty line so I can't see them splashing the cash on Rangers. Plus we play in the SPL so there is a limit on what we can realistically expect to gain from this type of venture, thats all I'm saying. Not saying we can't make a success out of this, but that we need to be realistic

But they wont be buying into Rangers because of the SPL, it will be to follow an idol, maybe an Indian international. These countries are proud of their sporting heros and follow their careers paths wherever the go in the world.

Yes but it's a sports mad population that idolises it's sports stars more than an other country in the world. If we can tap inot that we could make some serious dosh TBH.