Jeje Lalpekhlua and Sunil Chhetri Arrive In Glasgow

Broxi

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disgrace that they were coming all the way from India and we couldn't bother to check our calendar to see that it would be a waste of time. This reeks of amateurism.

We had them train with the first team squad and play a bounce game, what more do you want for a week-long trial? :lol:

We had them train with the first team squad and play a bounce game, what more do you want for a week-long trial? :lol:

He said: "On the first day we came here they were preparing for a match the day after, so we couldn't train.

"The second day was the match, then the third day they had to rest after the match.

"On the fourth day they left for Hamburg and we couldn't go. It was a bit disappointing.

"But this was the only week we had a break in our league. It was the only chance I had to come and have a trial. I'm just disappointed I didn't get much time with the first team. Even the gaffer didn't get much time to see us."

As I said, amateurs....

He said: "On the first day we came here they were preparing for a match the day after, so we couldn't train.

"The second day was the match, then the third day they had to rest after the match.

"On the fourth day they left for Hamburg and we couldn't go. It was a bit disappointing.

"But this was the only week we had a break in our league. It was the only chance I had to come and have a trial. I'm just disappointed I didn't get much time with the first team. Even the gaffer didn't get much time to see us."

As I said, amateurs....

Well then what do you expect the club to do? :lol:

That's the only week we could bring them over, and can you imagine the outrage if we disrupted match preparations for two trialists?

Rangers slammed for treatment of Indian trialists Sunil Chhetri & Jeje Lalpekhlua

Dec 5 2011

INDIA manager Savio Medeira last night hit out at Rangers for their treatment of trialists Sunil Chhetri and Jeje Lalpekhlua.

The Indian duo were sent home after less than a week in Glasgow with both players complaining they had not been given enough time to impress boss Ally McCoist.

McCoist has stated he will monitor the pair's progress and both played in India's South Asian Football Federation Cup tie against Afghanistan yesterday, with Chhetri scoring for India.

But Medeira believes Rangers should have continued to scout them in India, although he reckons the trial at Murray Park will be good for the players.

He said: "It was always going to be tough because the climatic conditions are different. It's freezing cold in Scotland and both Chhetri and Jeje will have needed some time to acclimatise, which they didn't get.

"Ideally, they should have asked scouts from Rangers to come down and watch them play in India.

"But I'm sure, they will come back confident and help inspire the team."

Rangers slammed for treatment of Indian trialists Sunil Chhetri & Jeje Lalpekhlua

Dec 5 2011

INDIA manager Savio Medeira last night hit out at Rangers for their treatment of trialists Sunil Chhetri and Jeje Lalpekhlua.

The Indian duo were sent home after less than a week in Glasgow with both players complaining they had not been given enough time to impress boss Ally McCoist.

McCoist has stated he will monitor the pair's progress and both played in India's South Asian Football Federation Cup tie against Afghanistan yesterday, with Chhetri scoring for India.

But Medeira believes Rangers should have continued to scout them in India, although he reckons the trial at Murray Park will be good for the players.

He said: "It was always going to be tough because the climatic conditions are different. It's freezing cold in Scotland and both Chhetri and Jeje will have needed some time to acclimatise, which they didn't get.

"Ideally, they should have asked scouts from Rangers to come down and watch them play in India.

"But I'm sure, they will come back confident and help inspire the team."

Hardly "slammed". :lol:

i dnt see why trialists cant play in a friendly match? surely they could have got some game time in hamburg.

they should have atleast went with the team and done the training sessions in germany.

sounds like a complete waste of time to me, feel sorry for the 2 guys. we should have just scouted them in india if we knew the week they were coming wouldnt be very good time for ally, kenny n durraty to have a good look at them.

i dnt see why trialists cant play in a friendly match? surely they could have got some game time in hamburg.

they should have atleast went with the team and done the training sessions in germany.

sounds like a complete waste of time to me, feel sorry for the 2 guys. we should have just scouted them in india if we knew the week they were coming wouldnt be very good time for ally, kenny n durraty to have a good look at them.

They couldn't get Visas for Germany.

Both lads conceded that it wasn't Rangers' fault as that week was the only one that they were allowed to come over. It's not Rangers' fault that we had games lined up for that. It wasn't ideal obviously, but it was what it was.