John Fleck

Thermopylae

I reckon its about time we all show our support for Fleck during matches to show McCoist we believe in Fleck and that he deserves his chance.

A match or two of "There's only one John Fleck" chants should get the point across.

Seriously though I've been saying it for ages now; Fleck deserves his chance ahead of the people who are clearly failing on the pitch right now.

I think the hype that surrounded him when he first broke through has done him no favours.

Right now he is still potential and needs games to develop, but sadly it doesn't look like happening any time soon.

I think, last season when we played Hearts at Ibrox (Diouf's debut game), he came on and played behind Jelavic for the last 20 mins, and he played well. Linked well with Jela. Since then, he was moved back out to the left where he is in-effective to say the least.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was loaned out or sold, and then goes on to excel wherever he ends up.

I just think sometimes all a talented young player needs is a manager he respects who believes in him. I remember not long after Advocaat arrived he said Barry is my player and also my friend and I thought as soon as I heard that he really values him as a player where as I got the impression Walter would have been happy just to see him head for the exit the same as all the other youngsters had done during his tenure. It's worth remembering other than Neal Murray no players came through the ranks during the 9iar years which was probably one of the reasons we were dying on our feet by the 10th season.

Thanks for that Kilwinning I'm nothing if not entertaining :lol:

I've had one to many blows to the head to remember the nine in a row years with much clarity but I thought we brought through; Charlie Miller; Ian Ferguson; Dave Mcpherson and a few others during that time I no not all made it but they all came through during nine in a row.

Your off topic threads usually have me in stitches they are fairly random though I must admit.

I've had one to many blows to the head to remember the nine in a row years with much clarity but I thought we brought through; Charlie Miller; Ian Ferguson; Dave Mcpherson and a few others during that time I no not all made it but they all came through during nine in a row.

Your off topic threads usually have me in stitches they are fairly random though I must admit.

Charlie Miller is the only one we brought through from that list. Ian Ferguson might have been young but we signed as a first team player after he came throught the ranks at St. Mirren. Dave McPherson was brought through in the early to mid 80's then was sold to Hearts and then came back to Rangers as a first team pick in the early 90's

:McGregor:

:Whittaker::Goian::Bocanegra::Wallace:

:Davis::Edu::McKay:

:Fleck:

:Jelavic::Lafferty:

Papac if Wallace is unfit, Whittaker LB, McMillan RB if neither is available. I think this would work well in our next match, and hell, could it be any worse?

I get the impression that Ally might have had a 4-3-3 system (with full backs providing the width) in mind at some stage? Why else would he spend a pretty penny on Wallace, a player that was more reknowned for galloping forward as apposed to defending

Charlie Miller is the only one we brought through from that list. Ian Ferguson might have been young but we signed as a first team player after he came throught the ranks at St. Mirren. Dave McPherson was brought through in the early to mid 80's then was sold to Hearts and then came back to Rangers as a first team pick in the early 90's

Technically we brought through Dave Mcpherson as well then as he started his career with us as well and am sure there is others I've missed out. You are right about Ian Ferguson though I thought he started with us as well but can't find anything about it.

The point was threm said we didn't bring anyone through apart from Neal Murry and we brought through a few during that time they may not have been good enough to start or become first team players but at the same time the standard of player we had then was out of this world.

:Whittaker::Goian::Bocanegra::Wallace:

:Davis::Edu::McKay:

:Fleck:

:Jelavic::Lafferty:

Papac if Wallace is unfit, Whittaker LB, McMillan RB if neither is available. I think this would work well in our next match, and hell, could it be any worse?

Wouldn't be too keen on that team tbh.

:Whittaker::Goian::Bocanegra::Papac:

:Davis::Edu:

:Aluko::Fleck::Wylde:

:Jelavic:

for me