The Mckay Problem

BrizOz

You could pretty much day that about our whole team this season

So your talking shite

Really?

Our whole team have been so unjustifiably pish, so much so that we're clear by 4 points at the top of the league.

It's not me that's talking shite son..

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McKay and Bedoya must be given an opportunity in their preferred positions. I don't think McCoist has found a sustainable response to the loss of Naismith. He got closer on Saturday in terms of formation. 2 up front is a non-starter as we need someone to link midfield and attack. However, Bedoya or Fleck should be given the opportunity in this role before the likes of Bendiksen, regardless how decent he may have played.

Aluko Davis Edu McKay

---Bedoya / Fleck----

-------Jelavic-------

I'd imagine training is a better way of gauging who 'deserves' to be in the starting line-up. I'd imagine Bendiksen has been excellent in training, therefore deserving his chance ahead of Bedoya or Fleck.

From what I have seen of him so far, I would agree with what all of the Aussie Bears said when they were talking about him. While he can play on the left hand side, he isn't nearly as effective there and isn't a particularly great wide midfielder. Love to see him get a few games in CM, but don't see it happening barring quite a few injuries for one reason or another.

On a side note, while I respect the improvement that Australian football has undergone in the last couple of decades or so, to directly compare Scotland and Australia's qualification chances is a bit daft, considering it is much, much easier for a country like Australia to qualify. Europe is so difficult these days, with everyone and their Auntie competing in the European section. Compare that to Australia, USA or Mexico who are massive favorites to qualify every time nowadays the way the sections are worked and places available.

I'd imagine training is a better way of gauging who 'deserves' to be in the starting line-up. I'd imagine Bendiksen has been excellent in training, therefore deserving his chance ahead of Bedoya or Fleck.

I wrote that McKay and Bedoya deserve an opportunity in their preferred positions, not they deserve to be in the starting line-up. Do you disagree with that statement? Bedoya and Fleck are two players who play between middle and front who have both been played out of position because the formation played did not permit using them where the should be playing. Any variation on the 4-4-2 formation took the form of a 4-1-4-1, rather than a 4-4-1-1, which can easily revert to a 4-5-1 if need be, whilst preventing the isolation of the lone striker painfully apparent in a 4-1-4-1. Call me cynical, but Bendiksen's inclusion on Saturday may very well have had more to do with the fact that contract negotiations are ongoing and he wants reassurance that he will be given a chance.

I maintain that the 4-4-1-1 with McKay and Bedoya or Fleck affords a sustainable dynamism absent since Naismith's injury. Would be happy going to Parkhead in 3 weeks with the following midfield/attack?

Aluko Davis Edu Wylde

------Bendiksen-----

-------Jelavic------

Correct me if I'm in error here, but for those dismissing (or unsure of) McKay's abilities, wasn't it our own Ian Ferguson who highly recommended the player in the first place? I'd tend to trust Fergie to know what he's talking about, myself. Give him a run of games and see how he does; I have faith he'll cut the mustard just fine.

I personally think there's a fair bit of complacency at Rangers with certain players, dropping them is a good boot up the arse.

There shouldn't be room for passengers at Rangers but there is. The 'old boys club' mentality provides a close dressing room and a real team ethic, but it also means moving on/dropping certain players is much harder than it should be.

I think this is just rubbish. I think one of the hardest decisions a manager has is to keep a below form player in the team - I dont think dropping the likes of davis will make him play better - he does not la k effort he is lacking form and it will return. When fit the games lee has played in under were tough away games which we won and on sat we played without him even if fit. I don't think ally has do e anything to justify people saying he plays players due to some sort of internal fraternity. McKay will get his chance but patience is required all round.

i think the problem is his style of play, he loves to pass n move, work in tirangles(barca tactic). he is high energy, closing down the opposition high up the park.

sadly at the moment most of our squad are not gifted enough to play that style. also our tactics dont suit his strengths.

i do believe however he will evenchaly get a starting spot and become a very good player for us.

This whole thread is a travesty - we want a squad with depth and McKay adds to that depth but the managers job is NOT to keep players happy but to win games (he may have to keep players happy to keep their morale up but thats a different point)

and all this guff about whether he, or Austrailians are good enough is nonsense.

BUT this post made me laugh - It suggests he is not being played because he is to good - :lol: :lol:

People are daft if they think that realistically a player who has just joined your team from a club across the other side of the world can make an instant impact. :lol:

He needs a run of games, it took Naismith 3 years to become an influential part of the squad!

Someone mentioned Aluko, Goian and Bocanegra haven't had problems adapting, Aluko's played SPL football for the past few years, Bocanegra spent x amount of years down south playing for Fulham and Goian has been shite since Boca has been injured.

Writing someone off after a few games cause "the signs" don't look as if they would be any better than what we've already got is ridiculous.

I personally think there's a fair bit of complacency at Rangers with certain players, dropping them is a good boot up the arse.

There shouldn't be room for passengers at Rangers but there is. The 'old boys club' mentality provides a close dressing room and a real team ethic, but it also means moving on/dropping certain players is much harder than it should be.

I agree but just how long can we sit and watch Davis under-perform. Ally must see what everyone else is seeing, surely.

This whole thread is a travesty - we want a squad with depth and McKay adds to that depth but the managers job is NOT to keep players happy but to win games (he may have to keep players happy to keep their morale up but thats a different point)

and all this guff about whether he, or Austrailians are good enough is nonsense.

BUT this post made me laugh - It suggests he is not being played because he is to good - :lol: :lol:

my post may sound as if i am bigging him up, but it was ment to say that my opinion is his style of play(way he plays) is different to the way our team and players play at the moment.

i dont expect him to be in the starting 11 straight away, i just thought we would have seen a bit more of him by now.

my post may sound as if i am bigging him up, but it was ment to say that my opinion is his style of play(way he plays) is different to the way our team and players play at the moment.

i dont expect him to be in the starting 11 straight away, i just thought we would have seen a bit more of him by now.

TBH I thought we would have seen more of him by now - but I am glad he is here - he looks a player and his chance will come - I am just not sure where he gets a game at the moment from what I have seen and I suspect it may take an injury/suspension to Davids before he gest a real chance so patience is the name of the game.

TBH I thought we would have seen more of him by now - but I am glad he is here - he looks a player and his chance will come - I am just not sure where he gets a game at the moment from what I have seen and I suspect it may take an injury/suspension to Davids before he gest a real chance so patience is the name of the game.

yeah if ally sees him as a cm, then it will take an injury or 2 for him to get in. edu has had a decent season so far and i doubt ally would ever drop davis no matter his form(doubt i would drop him either).

time will tell what part he will play for the rangers. be it a first team reg or a decent option as a squad player. would probably have seen more of him if we had been in europe as our schedule would have been more demanding.

yeah if ally sees him as a cm, then it will take an injury or 2 for him to get in. edu has had a decent season so far and i doubt ally would ever drop davis no matter his form(doubt i would drop him either).

time will tell what part he will play for the rangers. be it a first team reg or a decent option as a squad player. would probably have seen more of him if we had been in europe as our schedule would have been more demanding.

agreed - and its good that we do have some decent options in our pool - last season we were woefully weak for options, especially in midfiled.

Well, he gave a media interview. Here's what he said about the "McKay problem".

[The] left-sided midfielder told the Daily Record he believed his international commitments and subsequent jet-setting haven't helped his cause in his first few months at Rangers.

But with McKay's international schedule clear for the next few months, having picked up a yellow card against Thailand last month ruling him out of February's clash with Saudi Arabia, he's hoping to break in at Rangers.

"There won't be many long flights for a while - I managed to get myself booked in the last game so I'm suspended for the one in February,” McKay said.

"We're already through to the next round of qualifiers so the final game with Saudi Arabia is a dead rubber. I didn't mean to get suspended because I always love to go back but in this case it works out okay.

"I've been back and forward twice since signing for Rangers and there were also trips halfway to games in Oman and Thailand. We're used to it because the majority of our players are based in Europe.

"You just need to train as quickly as possible, look after yourself and get ready for games.”

McKay added that he believed his extended run without Socceroos duties could give him the opportunity to show Rangers fans what he's all about.

"I'm hoping for a proper run at Rangers now without the travel and will try to help the team as much as I can,” McKay said.

"The fans have still to see the real me. I've been playing in different positions so they will only see what I'm capable of after a run of matches in the side.

"I have to work hard and wait for my chance. I love playing central midfield but we have some great players in there so I need to bide my time. I played an advanced role the other week but that's a new position to me. I'm happy to play any where because I am versatile for the national team too.

"I've been asked to fill a variety of roles, even at left-back, so it leaves options open. Left of centre is the position I most enjoy though."