The Sash Over The Tannoy At Ibrox

minstral

Well some of the old official records had the sash and they had derrys walls as well on them. Imagine the mhedia nowadays!!

Ones from the 70's I believe, my uncle had one of them in his house in govan

Well some of the old official records had the sash and they had derrys walls as well on them. Imagine the mhedia nowadays!!

Ones from the 70's I believe, my uncle had one of them in his house in govan

I'm not so sure that those old records were "official" Rangers productions.

I'm not so sure that those old records were "official" Rangers productions.

One of the records definitely had official on it, I also believe it had a picture of the current squad.

I know copyright laws weren't as strict then but I'm sure that album was a release from ibrox

Colonel the old records were official Rangers productions.

One of the records definitely had official on it, I also believe it had a picture of the current squad.

I know copyright laws weren't as strict then but I'm sure that album was a release from ibrox

I stand corrected.

I was going through my Grandas old records once and found the official club record (think it was 72-72 season)..

It had Derrys Walls, The Sash and the Green Grassy Slopes on it, recorded in an Orange Hall in Glasgow :crabflute:

I was going through my Grandas old records once and found the official club record (think it was 72-72 season)..

It had Derrys Walls, The Sash and the Green Grassy Slopes on it, recorded in an Orange Hall in Glasgow :crabflute:

My first ever LP, called Glory Glory. Ah, memories!

I am sure the Sash was played over the tannoy at Ibrox in 1972 when we were doing a lap of honour, with the European Cup Winners Cup. Can any older bear confirm this, or is my memory playing tricks on me. :D

Alright mate?

When I first started going to Ibrox about 1982, we used to guess on the train down from Inverness what songs would be played on the tannoy - Sash, Derry's Walls etc. Used to happen from time to time. We always went to the East Enclosure then so it was nice and loud!

Was it not the accordion band who played it?

I can't remember.

Think it was the accordion band who accompanied the lorry round the park. I can definitely remember it was chucking it down with rain that night. I got soaked in the old East Enclosure but didn't give a damn. Happy Days!

I am sure the Sash was played over the tannoy at Ibrox in 1972 when we were doing a lap of honour, with the European Cup Winners Cup. Can any older bear confirm this, or is my memory playing tricks on me. :D

i dont know about the sash but about 1989 we were working in ibrox and one of the sub contractors was up in the old press box and he put a tape of a celtic song

Cant say I remember the sash that night..

I do remember it was lashing, and remmebr taking my G/F over. She got hit with a car in Buchanan st as we ran across the road to the subway station ( There was cars around at that time)

Dragged her over to Ibrox anyway...she was ok next day!

I do remember it was lashing, and remmebr taking my G/F over. She got hit with a car in Buchanan st as we ran across the road to the subway station ( There was cars around at that time)

That is the spirit. :lol:

No Surrender :crabflute: