Ortiz, Bedoya and McKay

Amac9

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just add them onto the same list as Healy and Kerkar.

Spending money on these guys wages, and it doesn't matter how bad Jelavic and Davis' form drop, we have fuckin no one near close enough to replace them (like the hole left for Naisy).

Am I just in a mood or does emdy else think it's fuckin scunnerin.

Davis should be dropped to the bench to see if that shakes him up, mckay, bedoya and even ortiz couldnt be as bad as he is playing at the moment. his form of late has been woeful .unfortunately even an off form jela is better than any possible replacement.

Spaniard?

And,dont stop there....What's the rest of the joke/

Yeah, Spanishman worked better :dry:

There was an Australian, American and a Spanishman. One Saturday afternoon before a game they found a genie lamp in Laffertys locker. Upon rubbing, a genie popped out and said he would grant them three wishes. Matt was first, he said "I wish Ally would let me play left mid." Genie says "your wish is granted", and he disappears into the tunnel before kick off. Bedoya asks to also be played, and low and behold the same thing happens with him.

Ortiz, feeling a bit lonely now his pals have gone, says "OOh Senor Genie, me feel so lonely now, I weesh to have my friends back with me"

:happy:

Where's my coat..

Yeah, Spanishman worked better :dry:

There was an Australian, American and a Spanishman. One Saturday afternoon before a game they found a genie lamp in Laffertys locker. Upon rubbing, a genie popped out and said he would grant them three wishes. Matt was first, he said "I wish Ally would let me play left mid." Genie says "your wish is granted", and he disappears into the tunnel before kick off. Bedoya asks to also be played, and low and behold the same thing happens with him.

Ortiz, feeling a bit lonely now his pals have gone, says "OOh Senor Genie, me feel so lonely now, I weesh to have my friends back with me"

:happy:

Where's my coat..

Cheers,bud. You have a future in the field of comedy.

:P

Maybe I should have said in the games they have played they haven't played good enough therefore there's justification on why they aren't in the team.

... and what position did they play in these chances? Not their own anyway. Let's put Jelavic at right back and see how fantastic he is.

... and what position did they play in these chances? Not their own anyway. Let's put Jelavic at right back and see how fantastic he is.

Ortiz played RM most times and LM a few times but he is meant to be versatile. RM is his favoured position.

Bedoya played RM and CM, both of which his preferred positions...

Don't really see what you getting at here.

With regards to McKay, I could understand if he had played about 10/15 games and it was clear that he wasn't up to much but the fact that he's been marginalised at a time when McCulloch has returned to the team and Bartley and Papac have been crow barred into a failing midfield is beyond my understanding to be honest.

As far as I am concerned:

1. McCulloch can GTF.

2. Bartley is somewhat overrated and is definately not a midfielder

3. You either play Papac or Wallace at LB. Not 2 in the same team

Bedoya is awful Mackay nit seen much of but what I have seen has not impressed.In the only game Ortiz played on the right against Motherwell away he looked good but this was not repeated for reasons best known to McCoist

I think in the one serious game Matt started he had just returned from The Gulf Thailand and Australia (much greater travelthan any of the other internationals ) after playing two games in hot humid conditions.

And his games have been largely confined to internationals since March. Almost as though Ally is energetically trying to ruin him.

You are yet to see the true player in the flesh, and doubtless you won't while Ally adopts an ultra defensive policy.

They're three players who need time to settle if they're going to become anything, but you don't get time here.

When Edu arrived, he was fortunate that we had a solid, settled midfield. He didn't have to hit the ground running.

Ortiz was given a huge opportunity to do that at the start of the season and he was poor. Bedoya looks nervous and his misses at Rugby Park emphasise that.

I've heard this and that about McKay and once seen him justify the hype with a ball to Jelavic which lead to a goal, but an Australian Player of the Year should have a bigger impact on SPL games than one pass.

I'd love nothing more than all three to perform here, but we're at a point in the season where big questions are being asked and I'm not sure if these three are the answers.

They're three players who need time to settle if they're going to become anything, but you don't get time here.

When Edu arrived, he was fortunate that we had a solid, settled midfield. He didn't have to hit the ground running.

Ortiz was given a huge opportunity to do that at the start of the season and he was poor. Bedoya looks nervous and his misses at Rugby Park emphasise that.

I've heard this and that about McKay and once seen him justify the hype with a ball to Jelavic which lead to a goal, but an Australian Player of the Year should have a bigger impact on SPL games than one pass.

I'd love nothing more than all three to perform here, but we're at a point in the season where big questions are being asked and I'm not sure if these three are the answers.

And yet I'd bet that they'd contribute more than McCulloch or a left-back played in midfield would.

Bedoya is quite young and has potential, hasn't been great so far but you can see he has a bit about him when he is on the ball. Give him time to settle and get off the lads back fuck sake.

Ortiz didn't look great at first but looks fitter and has been nowhere near as bad as suggested.

McKay is a confusing one, looks decent on the ball and you would suspect he is a talented player after playing so well in Australia and he has actually looked pretty decent anytime I have seen him. I honestly have no idea if he is really poor in training or has a poor attitude or something, its a bit baffling.

Since Naismith's injury all creativity seems to have gone out of the team. I think Ally is panicking and doing what he thinks Walter would do in terms of making Rangers difficult to beat and hoping to score on counter attacks. Thus the continued preference for McCulloch, Whittaker and Edu.

I never thought one man's absence (Naismith) would have such a negative effect. Right now we look as though we are bereft of quality and spirit and unless swift action is taken to address this we are in danger of losing the league.

I feel sympathy for the guys who have been brought in but haven't really been given a chance to prove themselves. And whilst on the subject why did Kerkar get another year's contract when he is clearly never going to play unless it is in friendly or testimonial matches?

These are issues which the media should be raising with Ally.

Spot on, but unfortunately for Bedoya and McKay, we're not a club who can afford players a settling in period.

The club could allow it and always will I'm sure, it's fans who know better that give no players a chance.

The club could allow it and always will I'm sure, it's fans who know better that give no players a chance.

It's called expectation. That expectation has seen us win so many titles and most recently with passengers like Rothen and Beattie who were quickly sussed-out, quite literally.

I'm certainly not writing them off, that would be ridiculous. What I'm saying is that they clearly need time. Time that you don't get here.

It's called expectation. That expectation has seen us win so many titles and most recently with passengers like Rothen and Beattie who were quickly sussed-out, quite literally.

I'm certainly not writing them off, that would be ridiculous. What I'm saying is that they clearly need time. Time that you don't get here.

Then don't expect too much from the go and hey presto, no as disappointing in the end as first thought. People need time for varying reasons and they can get that time here if idiots gave them a chance over the course. All in good time, ps I aint calling ya an idiot