High winds - the effect on the players/game?

Jack The Flipper

It's important to take the weather into consideration in any game as you all know.

With the heavy winds I expect lots of long shots and hopefully short passing on the deck to prevent the wind having a drastic affect on passing.

But what I would say, the most important position will be the goalkeeping positions. And frankly when it comes down to it:

McGregor Vs Mr Potato head

McGregor wins hands down every time. The celtic goalie is a big dumpling and not too fast or agile. So any shots at him being caught by a gust of wind will certainly cause him grief.

I can't wait for tonight, I think we're far more suited to this kind of weather, and have a stronger character than the celtic team.

Also, us being restricted to a short passing game and not the woeful long ball will hopefully lead to us realising how much better we are when we pass through teams and beat players instead of trying to out-pace them.

I'd actually worry slightly about McGregor, only this season, he's been a bit ropey far too much for my liking.

And as for the effect the wind will have on players, I can see Aluko ending up outside Toys'r'Us if this wind doesn't die down!

I'd actually worry slightly about McGregor, only this season, he's been a bit ropey far too much for my liking.

And as for the effect the wind will have on players, I can see Aluko ending up outside Toys'r'Us if this wind doesn't die down!

I see what you're saying, but I think that's been down to lack of concentration. I think the weather will be so bad he'll be fully concentrated on his job - he'll have to be - and so that shouldn't be an issue.

I really hope that we test Munster tonight. Just fire shots from anywhere and be quickest to the rebounds.

in a perfect world this would be ideal

we dont seem to have anyone that is consistent at long shots and also if we are 1 up front tonight wont have many in for the rebounds.

in a perfect world this would be ideal

we dont seem to have anyone that is consistent at long shots and also if we are 1 up front tonight wont have many in for the rebounds.

Jamie Ness springs to mind, but how often does he play?

McCulloch also isn't shy at shooting from range, but you never see that now as he's sitting too deep.

Jamie Ness springs to mind, but how often does he play?

McCulloch also isn't shy at shooting from range, but you never see that now as he's sitting too deep.

aye he's no shy at shooting, i'm no shy at dacncing but doesn't mean I am any good at it.

although, on a night like this anything can happen

aye he's no shy at shooting, i'm no shy at dacncing but doesn't mean I am any good at it.

although, on a night like this anything can happen

I bet you are, you're just being modest. :sherlock:

But yeah, that's the point, tonight it's only about ensuring shots are on target as the wind will put some deviation on the shot anyway, so there is no need to put on any bias.

I know we certainly have many players that can shoot a straight ball on target!!!

You're being pretty biased towards Lurch. He's a better shot-stopper than you're giving credit for. It's in the air that he's awful, which is a surprise given his height.

You're also forgetting his kicks could be comical tonight in the wind...

Then again he'd have to get them off the ground for the wind to catch it :lol:

We could have Davis to perfectly touch it to Edu to chase and fall over and McCulloch to finish...McCulloch simply for the permarage that would ensue :D

I don't think I've ever wanted McCulloch to score more in my life before.

A hattrick and it'll be lemmingpark once again.

I worry about tonight.

Keeping the ball on the deck is a must but I fear that Celtic do that better than us.

If we don;t get our fingers out from the first minute tonight we're going to have a problem!

Pressure...pressure pressure!!!!

If we press them when they're in possession they aren't so good on the ball as people seem to think, ala Cup Final.

I can guarantee you however there will be a lot of play acting should McCulloch go anywhere near their players :wanker:

Pressure...pressure pressure!!!!

If we press them when they're in possession they aren't so good on the ball as people seem to think, ala Cup Final.

I can guarantee you however there will be a lot of play acting should McCulloch go anywhere near their players :wanker:

thats a given, the great unwashed will be screaming with every tackle that is put in

thats a given, the great unwashed will be screaming with every tackle that is put in

...also my fear about McCulloch playing after the weekend there. He will certainly be careful in certain positions in the park but I guarantee you that least once that wee cheating cunt Kayal will go down holding his face.