January will tell us if Whyte is telling the truth

CanadianBacon

i swear to god, if somebody says "these are not ally's first transfer picks" i'm going rip yer heed aff, the only people who know what players ally was after is ally, his backroom staff, whyte and his boardroom staff.

well ally came out n said the players he would like and whyte failed to get them bar wallace so that means he had to turn to others that were not his first choice

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well ally came out n said the players he would like and whyte failed to get them bar wallace so that means he had to turn to others that were not his first choice

ally also said this and ally also said that, seem to recall he also said we'd win last night but we all know what happened there.

the players he originally did want goodwillie, miller, juhasz, verhoek a think would have all been quality players for us so yes if the chairman backs him i would trust ally with money.

Do you think if we had got those players that the playing style would have drastically improved on what we have had to put up with though?

For all we can argue that they are of a better standard, they would still have had to adapt to the Scottish game (for Juhasz and Verhoek) and we cannot say that they would have done so quickly.

Tempo, playing style and a settled formation are much higher priorities for me than the guys we "could" have signed.

Whyte stated earlier this year that we are looking at a £10m deficit at the end of the season, if so then i would expect him as owner to pay this shortfall, but i really do suspect any monies from jela and a.n other will go towards it.

So i fully expect Ally to get nothing apart from maybe jelas wages for the likes of a free transfer, i.e Boyd. :anguish:

Do you think if we had got those players that the playing style would have drastically improved on what we have had to put up with though?

For all we can argue that they are of a better standard, they would still have had to adapt to the Scottish game (for Juhasz and Verhoek) and we cannot say that they would have done so quickly.

Tempo, playing style and a settled formation are much higher priorities for me than the guys we "could" have signed.

a can't say it would definitely have improved no but i believe it would have i think if we had got miller n goodwillie we would have been able to kill teams off at ibrox at the start of the season and confidence would have grown but who knows just my opinion

Come on CB - you're not that daft ;)

You can pull Whyte up if he doesn't live up to what he said, but not about stuff other people said that he didn't deny...

C'mon bluepeter, it was widely quoted at the time in all the media outlets - if Whyte didn't say it then he should have corrected that notion - if he didn't say it and didn't correct it because it made him look good - that's even worse. :angry:

C'mon bluepeter, it was widely quoted at the time in all the media outlets - if Whyte didn't say it then he should have corrected that notion - if he didn't say it and didn't correct it because it made him look good - that's even worse. :angry:

Whyte said what he said, people misinterpreted it. Everything he said is on record, why should he correct everything people make up about what he said?

Whyte said what he said, people misinterpreted it. Everything he said is on record, why should he correct everything people make up about what he said?

I said, he said, she said, they said.........it's all semantics.

Rangers supporters were left thinking that there was a war chest - I want to see it.

I said, he said, she said, they said.........it's all semantics.

Rangers supporters were left thinking that there was a war chest - I want to see it.

It's not semantics, Whyte made promises which he has so far not failed to keep. That you want to see an invented warchest is largely irrelevant.

I agree with the intent of your OP, I'll also be very disappointed if we sell and don't invest. Let's pull him up on what he said though, not what they said she said he said...

Whyte was clearly banking on Champions league cash coming in and possibly settling the tax case for a manageable sum.

Getting pumped out of europe has left the club short of cash and it looks like he's had to borrow money to keep it going til January.

We can't borrow easily with the tax case hanging over us, and Whyte won't put more money in for the same reason. If we sell players, Ally will get a wee bit of money, but the bulk will go on keeping us going.

Once the tax case is settled, the uncertainty will be gone and there will be a lot more options open to Whyte, which is why settling it once and for all is crucial.

We can't function as a business with that uncertainty.

He will either provide funds to back the manager, as he claimed he would many months ago, or he won't.

It looks like all the world that Jelavic is gone - he's playing like a man with his mind elsewhere - so will the funds he brings in be added to the funds Whyte claimed he would give McCoist.

There are many scenarios (tax case being one of them) but Whyte said he would - he now has to shit or get off the potty.

There is no hiding place. :(

Must be something to do with the fact you are a moderator , I got butchered last night for saying the same thing ( as much as)and i was stating what Whyte has published in the shareholders circular , I hope I am proved wrong but I dont think the funds are there nor the means to get them .

I would not give Ally any warchest, but partial funds as a sticking plaster until the end of the season, to somehow retain the title.

Great guy that Ally is, he is not a manager. He plays favourites week in week out no matter how badly they play. When the better players who are benched see this, along the good ones who actually get a game, it causes resentment, disharmony and loss of respect for the mamanger. Looking at recent performances, it does appear Ally HAS lost the dressing room. Run out of ideas and expecting the old favourites, who are not good enough to pull him out of a hole. CLEARLY NOT WORKING! To lose a 15 point lead and put out of three competitions by shite teams tells the story.

I do have every faith in Whyte. I feel he is still waiting for his 15 minutes of fame and from the business that he is in, he can be no slouch and they don't do prisoners in that particular world.

The end of the tax case will be the pivotal moment. He is a supporter and he sees what we see. Ally was never his man, more another piece of malice set up by the previous board to have their way, which Whyte had to accept to smooth his passage.

When Whyte gets clear of the baggage, I do get the impression he will go for ALL who have done him and the club down when we were at our most vulnerable and the bheasts from the eastend will be starters!!

Dorrans and Morrison want to play for us, they'd provide all the creativity and drive we need. Depending on their contract lengths we could pick them up fairly cheaply. If Whyte bought us these two or even on loan, and another striker or two :D, we'll have no worries winning the league.

If Dorrans joined us, he'd take th pressure off of Davis' shoulders allowing him to find his game again. Morrison is a similar player to Naismith threfore an almost perfect replacement, put Aluko on the left and we're sorted (tu) .

(if only this would actually happen :) )

Was gonna post the same word for word, :P

Whyte was already proven to be a liar on the 31st August.

On the other hand, I know I wouldn't give a manager who plays McCulloch ahead of seemingly anyone else another fucking penny.

It was clear we needed another striker at the end of last season, but they fucked about and it is costing us now.

Amateur chairman and manager.