Is 10 million sufficient funds

Ive thought about this and to be honest im not sure 10 million will be enough.

Brown will cost 4m, Naysmith, if we go for him, over 1m.

That leaves 5 million.

Only 2 players in ( or 4 including Dow and Broadfoot ), with a few leaving.

I'm not convinced that is going to be enough.

I want to see players who will be signed for the first team, not just to add the the squad.

10m might sound a lot, but in football terms its only a lot if you already have a succesful team and are adding to it.

Thoughts?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before and I will say it again - if we want to truly compete we have to spend a minimum of £20m. Closer to £40M.

When 9IAR came to an end and DA took over - he spent £72M in getting us back on top again. We wouldn't need QUITE as much this time, but certainly around half it.

Quality players fit for the jersey do not grow on trees.

Probably not, but we don't know who also might be picked up on Bosman's. That Swedish defender we're linked with would be a Bosman.

If Mpenza were to sign for Rangers he would be on a Bosman, not sure who else is kicking around coming to the end of their contracts.

That leaves 5 million.

I want to see players who will be signed for the first team, not just to add the the squad.

10m might sound a lot, but in football terms its only a lot if you already have a succesful team and are adding to it.

Thoughts?

Plenty. We are not that far away from Celtic right now. 3 or 4 players to give the squad depth, plus the continual development of the youngsters. Together those will see us through fine. 10 million will be enough as long as we spend it on the right players.

You have to remember, we have the possibility of offloading the likes of Novo & Buffel and the wages of Prso and Klos to come off. So we should be ok

That leaves 5 million.

Thoughts?

Plenty. We are not that far away from Celtic right now. 3 or 4 players to give the squad depth, plus the continual development of the youngsters. Together those will see us through fine. 10 million will be enough as long as we spend it on the right players.

You have to remember, we have the possibility of offloading the likes of Novo & Buffel and the wages of Prso and Klos to come off. So we should be ok

I think Novo will stay, or i'd like him to, hes did well enough for us and hes scored important goals for us in the past.

Buffel can go though, hes inconsistent and pulls out of challenges too much.

I've said it before and I will say it again - if we want to truly compete we have to spend a minimum of £20m. Closer to £40M.

When 9IAR came to an end and DA took over - he spent £72M in getting us back on top again. We wouldn't need QUITE as much this time, but certainly around half it.

Quality players fit for the jersey do not grow on trees.

But we need to be realistic and understand that this is never going to happen.

£10million can buy us 3-4 quality players. Add money that we make from the possible sales of Svensson?, Papac?, Sionko?, Sebo? etc and that could be up to £12million. That could get us quality players. Also add some of the good bosman signings and I'd be happy.

£10million can buy us 3-4 quality players. Add money that we make from the possible sales of Svensson?, Papac?, Sionko?, Sebo? etc and that could be up to £12million. That could get us quality players. Also add some of the good bosman signings and I'd be happy.

Agree with you about the Bosman's, but wouldn't we have to pay teams to take Svensson, Papac, Sionko, Sebo etc???

Agree with you about the Bosman's, but wouldn't we have to pay teams to take Svensson, Papac, Sionko, Sebo etc???

Even if we offloaded them for

Sebo-£500k

Sionko-£500k

Svensson-£250k

Papac-£500k

I'd be happy enough, I think teams may even pay a wee bit more for some of them.

Add Buffel to that list aswell.

That leaves 5 million.

Thoughts?

I think Novo will stay, or i'd like him to, hes did well enough for us and hes scored important goals for us in the past.

Buffel can go though, hes inconsistent and pulls out of challenges too much.

I like Novo also, but if we sign Naismith and keep Sebo around, then I would be worried that Novo would take the squad place of the likes of Lennon, who should be a first team squad memeber going forward,

Sebo-£500k

Sionko-£500k

Svensson-£250k

Papac-£500k

I'd be happy enough, I think teams may even pay a wee bit more for some of them.

Well, I would want a little more, but you are right, if they go it frees up more salary and gives us a little more capital to play with.

Sebo-£500k

Sionko-£500k

Svensson-£250k

Papac-£500k

Add Buffel to that list aswell.

Agree, it was just a wee bit of Friday afternoon tired attempt at humour! :D

It's hard to say how much, cos we dont know what quality we will get. We could get good players for next to nothing or a diddy for 5 million.

Don't forget also some of the stars of the youth team will be pressing for a chance and could be great players in waiting without having to spend money on buying them

I don't want us to go down the bosman road again.

We have unearthed too many duds in recent seasons and it s time to learn from this.

Boomsong was an exception, but i cant see that happening again.

Wasn't Prso a Bosman?

Don't think we paid a fee for Weir and Ugo (this one isn't too bad).

I agree that there were some panic signings, but I don't think WS would pick panic signings whether they're Bosman's or not.

There are loads of quality bosmans this summer. Commons, Jarvis, Fowler, Distin, Hildebrand, Sidwell, Gera, Basturk, Saviola, Nesta, Beasley, Rommendahl to name a few.

There are loads of quality bosmans this summer. Commons, Jarvis, Fowler, Distin, Hildebrand, Sidwell, Gera, Basturk, Saviola, Nesta, Beasley, Rommendahl to name a few.

sadly very few if any of them would come to us.

sadly very few if any of them would come to us.

I know but I was just pointing out that there are some cracking bosmans this summer.

If you dont try, you dont get!

How many are past their best though.

Id rather see us spend on good players and give youth a chance.

Fowler could do a job, and hes a Bluenose.

Id like to see him come.