Still no Kris Boyd...

McCoist72

Boyd left Turkey on roughly the 19th September and I can't understand why we haven't signed him yet, we need another striker and who will score more goals for Rangers than Boyd that we can afford?

We don't even have to pay a transfer fee for him and I doubt he will be looking for the wage he was looking for when he left Rangers as he must realize there's not the same demand for him now than there was when he did leave us.

If money is an issue here then we won't be signing ANYONE!

I would sell a couple of players, free up some wages and bring him back!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyd left Turkey on roughly the 19th September and I can't understand why we haven't signed him yet, we need another striker and who will score more goals for Rangers than Boyd that we can afford?

We don't even have to pay a transfer fee for him and I doubt he will be looking for the wage he was looking for when he left Rangers as he must realize there's not the same demand for him now than there was when he did leave us.

If money is an issue here then we won't be signing ANYONE!

I would sell a couple of players, free up some wages and bring him back!

if we can`t afford scott allen who played about 4 games for dundee utd that tells you all you need to know ? it`s going to be a very quiet january window :blush :angry: or maybe cw has no faith in ally. just a thought.

if we can`t afford scott allen who played about 4 games for dundee utd that tells you all you need to know ? it`s going to be a very quiet january window :blush :angry: or maybe cw has no faith in ally. just a thought.

Truth is Ally has spent every penny the club could afford.

We only take Boyd back if we get a good, creative player to link with him. If not there is no point signing him as he doesn't move very far and isn't a good footballer to be honest.

That's my opinion of course!

then why come out with statements saying he would like this player and that player ie allen /dorrans either say nothing or tell the truth. we`ll get nobody in till we sell ? at least then we won`t get our expectations up <cr>:rolleyes:

To appease the fans. Its been a hard time on the field, fans dont want to or need to here we are skint and cant sign anyone.

i wouldn't go as far to say every penny . i expect we will get a couple of players under the million mark and probily a free like boyd or a loaned player

Are you for real? Why are fans not hearing or listening what the club is saying? We NEED to cost cut before we think of adding to an already huge wage bill.

From the owner himself -

- There are no concerns about current cash flow and the day to day running of the Club although he acknowledges that the running costs must be reduced.

- There will be comings and goings in the January transfer window - however, players need to go to ensure any new arrivals don't increase the number of players and the salary costs and it is unlikely that all income will be used to buy new players.

We cant afford this squad how can we possibly add to it?

Are you for real? Why are fans not hearing or listening what the club is saying? We NEED to cost cut before we think of adding to an already huge wage bill.

From the owner himself -

- There are no concerns about current cash flow and the day to day running of the Club although he acknowledges that the running costs must be reduced.

- There will be comings and goings in the January transfer window - however, players need to go to ensure any new arrivals don't increase the number of players and the salary costs and it is unlikely that all income will be used to buy new players.

We cant afford this squad how can we possibly add to it?

Problems are, there was a bid for Whittaker, which would have funded Goodwillie / another.

Whyte gives him a MASSIVE wage increase for no apparent reason, McCoist said earlier ''I havent been told we need to sell before we buy''

But then went on to do his usual contradictions.

Truth is. If the manager doesnt know whats happening how the hell is anyone else meant to.

Kris Boyd is available for nothing, Dorrans,Allan and Novo cost some cash, so why is McCoist being allowed to target these?

Problems are, there was a bid for Whittaker, which would have funded Goodwillie / another.

Whyte gives him a MASSIVE wage increase for no apparent reason, McCoist said earlier ''I havent been told we need to sell before we buy''

But then went on to do his usual contradictions.

Truth is. If the manager doesnt know whats happening how the hell is anyone else meant to.

Kris Boyd is available for nothing, Dorrans,Allan and Novo cost some cash, so why is McCoist being allowed to target these?

Allys desperation to keep Whittaker was embarrassing and has proved so far to be the wrong decision, both through the players performances/mistakes and through his huge new salary.

Its not Whytes fault about Whittake,r he was onyl backing his manager.

No idea, the whole McCoist management and player recruitment thing is a puzzling.

Would still have a signing on fee and a decent wage. He'll want more than what Jela is on right now - He won't be signing unless we remove 20k or so from the wage bill, even then, we are looking to reduce the wage bill - don't reckon he'll be signing - does McCoist even like him?

In my opinion kris boyd is a must, he can get the goals in the spl no doubt! Surely there must have been contact of some sort, wages are a potential stumbling block defo. I think we have on our side that he never done much in the championship so doubt anyone will be interested down there and doubt be would like to drop into league 1

Sadly aint gonnae happen his wages will be to high

In my opinion kris boyd is a must, he can get the goals in the spl no doubt! Surely there must have been contact of some sort, wages are a potential stumbling block defo. I think we have on our side that he never done much in the championship so doubt anyone will be interested down there and doubt be would like to drop into league 1