No Pope, Priest or Holy Water. A MOPE quandary.

Colonel Mustard

I only watch Celtic when Rangers play them.

For the life of me I can't understand why a Rangers fan would be interested in watching ICT v the sporting wing.

I don't even know the result to be honest, I presume the scum went through :(

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I was just thinking about the song in my thread title, and what the reaction might be if it made a comeback among the Rangers support.

I mused that if we sang it, it would include 2 terms of debate in the "sectarian argument", and wondered how the MOPE and the sectarian industry would react to these words.

OK, here we go for my explanation...

The words of the song, for those too young to have been there, is...

No pope priests or holy water,

No home rule for Ireland,

If I had a Tommy gun,

I'd shoot every f****n h**,

Just for walking on the Queen's highway.

So, with the "banning" of the TBB anthem for the use of the word "f enian", and the refusal to act on the "Go home ya H***" and other use of the H word by the scum, how would the sectarian crusaders act towards a song with both words in the lyric?

Would they go after "f enian" and ignore "h un"?

Would they ignore both because they didn't want to chase them for "h un"?

Or would they be forced to finally clamp down on both, making any reference to the H word an actionable crime against the tarriers, because the crusaders would have to keep up their stance against us using "f enian?

It would be interesting to find out by singing the song. If nothing else happened, at least it's a good Proddy re-addition to the repertoire.

GREAT IDEA :anguish: (Not!)

Why the helll would we add fuel to the flames at this point in time, in particular for a religious bias that needs dropped anyway!

SPL timing is shit - SFA timing was shit and a thread like this, at any time but in particular now is the timing is shit!

Ill thought out, ill conceived and detrimental to the club - Thats the SPL, SFA and this idea!

GREAT IDEA :anguish: (Not!)

Why the helll would we add fuel to the flames at this point in time, in particular for a religious bias that needs dropped anyway!

SPL timing is shit - SFA timing was shit and a thread like this, at any time but in particular now is the timing is shit!

Ill thought out, ill conceived and detrimental to the club - Thats the SPL, SFA and this idea!

I loved that song.........................and the reference to fenian in the song as far as I'm concerned is about those murderous thugs that slaughtered people.

Hence I shoot every fuckin one just for walking on the Queens highway.

Surely it's not you republican sympathies coming out.......after all ruperts best buddy always told us hown they great they areuk.gifuk.gif

I loved that song.........................and the reference to fenian in the song as far as I'm concerned is about those murderous thugs that slaughtered people.

Hence I shoot every fuckin one just for walking on the Queens highway.

Surely it's not you republican sympathies coming out.......after all ruperts best buddy always told us hown they great they areuk.gifuk.gif

You know fine well I was in the Army for over 6 years (This included a 3 year tour in NI and being part of the Falklands war) and I have married a good protestant lass from Omagh. You also know fine well that i have no republican sympathies what-so-ever.

However, you are also well aware that I believe that there is no place for politics or religion in our club or in the game in general.

If you want to be one of the numpties that condone behaviour that will just bring our club into disrepute at a time when our fan stock is soaring then it is your wisdom that has to be questioned. You, like others, want to attach your political and religious agendas to our club. For me the club is enough in its own right.

You know fine well I was in the Army for over 6 years (This included a 3 year tour in NI and being part of the Falklands war) and I have married a good protestant lass from Omagh. You also know fine well that i have no republican sympathies what-so-ever.

However, you are also well aware that I believe that there is no place for politics or religion in our club or in the game in general.

If you want to be one of the numpties that condone behaviour that will just bring our club into disrepute at a time when our fan stock is soaring then it is your wisdom that has to be questioned. You, like others, want to attach your political and religious agendas to our club. For me the club is enough in its own right.

And your point is caller.

What sounds ridiculous?

It was a great song in its day and again proves the point that we were calling them 'H***' before they seemed to get the 'rights' to the word...

Other wee ditties circa the days of the Vietnam War (1966/67???) + the Battle at the River Plate...

"go home ya H***, go home"...... us At THEM

"kai yi ippy, the popes a fukkin hippy"

"send the celtic to vietnam" after the battle against Racing Club...

Geez ma memory is good --- now what did I have for breakfast???

Oh and while we're on a nostalgia trip......

Walking doon the Shankhill swinging a chain

Along came a fe**** and asked my name

Kicked him in the balls

Kicked him in the head

Now that **** is dead........

Dont suppose that would be considered appropriate either.... :anguish:

At the risk of sounding like a pussy: We don't need any more bad press or controversy at the moment. As it stands the SFA and the SPL are the bad guys in a lot of neutrals' eyes. Let's not muddy the waters here.

Support the team, protest against the decision, and put unrelated politics to one side for the now.