Not another McKay thread

Marky_RFC

McKay would improve our MF tenfold. We are obviously going to have to play 4-5-1 from now on. He hasnt been given a chance and when you see Jig on the bench before him you have got to say Ally has got it wrong.

A new manager before the end of the season with fresh eyes will have us playing better, I have no doubt about taht. Ally can GTF now he really can. He simply does not learn and has been at the helm of (a championship winning side) through some of the most embaressing, inept performances I have ever seen. He should have gone after Europe imo.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McKay would improve our MF tenfold. We are obviously going to have to play 4-5-1 from now on. He hasnt been given a chance and when you see Jig on the bench before him you have got to say Ally has got it wrong.

A new manager before the end of the season with fresh eyes will have us playing better, I have no doubt about taht. Ally can GTF now he really can. He simply does not learn and has been at the helm of (a championship winning side) through some of the most embaressing, inept performances I have ever seen. He should have gone after Europe imo.

Was JIG really the worst player on the bench out of Kerkar, Little and Wylde?

Does anyone else think that perhaps McKay and Bedoya were board signings in an effort to increase their proflie in their respective "emerging" footballing nations?

Highly likely

Whether Ally doesn't think they're good enough though I don't know. There's also the possibility that it pissed Ally off so much that he refuses to play them regardless of whether they're any good.

McKay doesn't appear to be interested in going anywhere though, so how long will it take (or how bad will the results have to get) before McKay is genuinely considered? McKay has a knack of bringing the ball very deep into the box, something we desperately need with the current striker lineup.

from what I was told (possible rumour mill stuff) McKay is out of selection because he criticised Rangers training regime, saying in Australia they worked on technique, drills and tactical knowledge and whilst he's been in Scotland all they do is run around then play short games. McCoist obviously hasn't taken to that very well, but hey, I can quite believe that.

McKay did NOT criticise our training. He was asked by a member of ORSA by email / text conversation whether there was any difference between the training at Rangers compared to what they did at Brisbane Roar.

He answered thus; "With Roar we did more technical work where at Rangers we play mainly games" ....end of story.

McKay did NOT criticise our training. He was asked by a member of ORSA by email / text conversation whether there was any difference between the training at Rangers compared to what they did at Brisbane Roar.

He answered thus; "With Roar we did more technical work where at Rangers we play mainly games" ....end of story.

And even if he did. Is he the best judge?

This fucking Matty McKay thing does my head in. Matty McKay is a left sided central midfielder, and NOT a left winger type player (as several RM members have rightly pointed out)

In the system McCoist plays, the only way Mckay will get a run in this team is if we change to a 5 man midfield with Davis- Edu- McKay at the core of it with two pacy wide men....OR...He plays a midfield four with Davis - Edu - McKay - left mid player.

Edu will not be dropped (nor should he) Davis will never get dropped, so McKay (and Bedoya) are basically pissing against the wind in this current set up.

I've spent over 40 years coaching footballers of all levels and Matty McKay would walk into my team every day of the week if I'm comparing him with the likes of Wallace, Papac, Bartley,McCulloch,Wylde,Kerkar etc for a midfield slot.

Is Matty McKay a superstar? ...NO he is not.

Is Matty McKay a far better footballer than which is currently being used? ..YES he is.

Mr McCoist has either forgotten the first rule of a football manager...or he never was taught it.......

Play a system with tactics to suit the players you have at your disposal....Don't invent a system and try to shoehorn players into that system when they haven't the ability to play it.

Evolution Ally....Not revolution, so stop trying to re-invent the fucking wheel and get back to basics that can still win this league.

Quite an amusing question isn't it? Considering he is the only one who'd know first hand.

That is exactly the point I am making to Weird_Beard, IF he is asking me that question...perhaps I've picked it up wrong, but we shall see. :sherlock:

Oz, not sure I would agree. Seeing as ally favors papac at lm, I would suggest Marty could do a much better job, cutting inside and allowing Wallace to bomb forward. Mckays final ball is much better and he is quicker than sasa

Are you asking if McKay is the best judge at explaing the difference in training between Brisbane Roar and Rangers?

I was asking if you thought he was the best person to judge our coaching style considering he can't get a game.

But I would say that because I seen the posts following my last post. :lol:

Seriously though. Maybe he's a coach instead of a player.

Again, there are a lot of Australians that are commenting on Matt McKay thread, with good reason. Most of us have seen him perform week in, week out.

There is no doubt in my mind he should be playing in what I believe is one of the weakest Rangers sides in many years (but still more than capable of winning the title).

Yes it was a friendly, but he stood out a mile in the Liverpool game (and for the record, the side Liverpool put out would wipe the floor with most SPL sides).

At the start of the season I could understand him not getting in, we were playing well and winning most weeks. That has not been the case for some time.

His biggest problem now will be if he gets a chance, he will be nothing like match fit. That probably won't happen though given the fact that so many people are ahead of him, even on the bench.

there is no doubt our midfield needs something new it is wide open edu is very isolated

5 in the middle with the emphasis on attacking wing play is worth a try seeing as we only have one recognised striker available

What's that got to do with Matt McKay? :lol:

I was asking if you thought he was the best person to judge our coaching style considering he can't get a game.

But I would say that because I seen the posts following my last post. :lol:

Seriously though. Maybe he's a coach instead of a player.

But he is still at training every day. I'd say there is nobody better than him to say the difference between the two styles as he is the only one that has trained with both in recent times!