Best defender in the Premiership?

There's a ball hair between Ledley King, Vidic and Kompany, but if King could stay fit it would be him by a clear distance.

However, I'd say Collocini is somewhat under rated when people talk about "the best" defender in England. He's been absolutely fantastic for two years now.

Nemanja Vidic is the best defender in the Premiership.

Used to be. Not sure anymore.

Really like Ledley King, think he's a class act. Shame he's been plagued throughout his career.

Fully fit I would say King is the best in the league.

Walker at Spurs, Ryan Taylor at Newcastle and Vincent Kompany have all be fantastic this season.

Richards is a bit clumsy at centre half, improving though. A fucking beast of a man, if I had the ball and he was running full pelt at me, I'd drop to the ground and play dead. Whoever said Phil Jones, he's a cracking footballer and athlete but not a great defender yet.

Ledley King. The man is a freak. Has no cartilage in his knees. He doesn't train. Yet he is still unbelievable. If his knees weren't so screwed up he would unquestionably be the best centre half of his generation. You could make a pretty ridiculous centre half pairing from any of King, Dawson, Vidic and Kompany

just goes to show how much harry redknapp rates him when he doest train but he is a top class player when fit

Think Kompany still has a few areas to improve, can still be a bit rash but understandable but considering he's only 25 - he will be up there with the best in the world in a season or two IMO.

Vidic is still the best for me followed by Kompany, Vermaelen, King.

Dawson, Koshielny and Colocinni all very under-rated as well.

If we were talking full-backs, I'd go Sagan and Ashley Cole.