Your most hated football Cliches/Myths

G.E.C.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1)"He's hit that too well" when someone smashes an effort over the bar.

If he's not scored, then surely he's not hit it well enough? Usually said by some twat like Terry Venables!

2)"The lads gave 110% our there today"

Percentage is really not a hard thing to work out - you can't give more than 100% effort. If Redknapp gets the England job, expect him to wheel this gem out when France spank them 4-0 in their opening group game.

3) "That was a typical forwards' tackle"

This annoys me the most. If a guy is a professional footballer, chances are he's being playing from an early age, for talking sake, say 7 years old. He would've played with his mates at school, for local junior teams, trained 10,000 times, played in 1,000s of matches - but because he is now 28 and a striker, you're trying to tell me that he's never tackled before or doesn't know how to? Fair enough he might not be a beast in the tackle like a Baresi or Beckenbauer, but they should still have a fuckin' clue as to how to win a ball!

Mo Johnstone was the first Catholic to sign for Rangers, its just simply not true.

It's the least untrue thing on this whole planet and it amazes me how the whole world seem to think the same.

who was then?!

Who was what?

first catholic to sign?

I'm not sure of the name but I'm sure we even signed a catholic before the filth were even formed.

Haha comedy gold :lol: So sure in your statement that its the least untrue thing in the world, yet you dont even know who was. doh