AJ still chipping away

"As the former Chairman of Rangers Football Club who acted in such a capacity during the period surrounding the acquisition of the majority shareholding in the Club by Wavetower Limited, I would request that you investigate and report on the issues pertaining to compliance with Part III, paragraph 1 of the 'Circular to the Shareholders of The Rangers Football Club P.L.C.', dated June 3, 2011, a copy of which has been previously furnished to you.

"The Purchaser’s Warranties and Undertakings recited in this paragraph are self-explanatory and 'are expressed to be enforceable by both the Club and Vendor'. In this regard, I draw your attention to the recourse described in Para 1 (h), i.e. 'A breach of any undertakings given by the Rangers FC Group in the agreement will result in the debt acquired being automatically extinguished'.

"This issue has apparently also been of concern to the vendor because Sir David Murray issued a public statement on February 14 which included the following comment, 'MIH wrote to Wavetower on 25 August 2011 seeking confirmation that its various obligations were being complied with. A confirmatory assurance was eventually obtained on January 3, 2012. Following recent speculation concerning the financing and security arrangements put in place by Wavetower, a request was issued seeking further clarity'.

"As you know, the status of the Club at this time is precarious, but efforts involving investors and/or supporters are being developed to initiate and execute a recovery to self-standing sustainability. Wavetower’s (Craig Whyte’s) leverage during this process is a function of his purported position as the primary secured creditor by dint of the £18 million loan which he claims he has provided to the Club on an unencumbered basis. If, however, this entitlement cannot be sustained based on any breach as referred to above thus precipitating the extinction of the loan in question, then the options for charting a course for reconstitution of Rangers Football Club will be much more readily identifiable.

"I, therefore, believe that it would serve the public interest for the Administrators to make a full declaration with respect to relevant compliance."

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AJ was right about him but, he still has a fucking cheek. His pal Murray caused all of in the 1st place and what did he do while he was the chairmen of Rangers?

AJ so fuck off AJ He just doesn't like Whyte don't think he's doing this for the good of Rangers.

The guys a fuckin Rangers man and was right about Whyte from the get go, he never applied for the job at Rangers Murry asked him several times and he decided he would do his best untill a buyer was found. Do half the people on here even know what the guy does for a living, how succseful he is and who he actually works for??? He could be sitting back in his mansion in Florida doing fuck all but shouting "I told you but you wouldn't listen". Ffs he's on our side

What for, not going public with the bank illegally influencing a board, his board ?

Concerns about Whyte were written off as him being bitter, despite the fact being our chairman was only ever meant to be a tempory gig for him.

Not saying he's perfect but clearly his concerns were based on much more than bitterness.

clubs running at a loss can't reduce debts by 30 million.

are you daft?

getting 40million extra revenue that cannot be guaranteed

i'll ask you a simple question, if whyte had failed in the takeover and we went into this season with Lloyds 18mill loan and a blackhole in our finances due to the lack of european money, how do you think the season would have played out

especially with the big tax case coming to a conclusion this season

The guys a fuckin Rangers man and was right about Whyte from the get go, he never applied for the job at Rangers Murry asked him several times and he decided he would do his best untill a buyer was found. Do half the people on here even know what the guy does for a living, how succseful he is and who he actually works for??? He could be sitting back in his mansion in Florida doing fuck all but shouting "I told you but you wouldn't listen". Ffs he's on our side

He is or was a vice-president in the mccormack mob, every second staffer with a pencil is a feckin vice-president of something in that mob right down to the jani. craphead2.gif

Johnston has invested more than £1million of his personal cash in Rangers and helped engineer the investments of £40million made by Joe Lewis and £20million by Dave King to help during the big-spending years.

And he has been fiercely protective of his friend Murray and his reputation in the face of the minority of critics among the Rangers support.

He said: "David Murray is an extremely successful and adept businessman.

"Anybody who suggests otherwise is not looking at his record. He's one of Scotland's greatest entrepreneurs and the country needs a lot more David Murrays in terms of the big picture, so I reject that out of hand.

"David at no time passed on anything he wasn't prepared to undertake himself in terms of the risk and his commitment to the club.

Aye right. craphead2.gif

do his best, he can thank walter and the team for bringing him in an extra 40mill revenue over 2 seasons, without that AJ might well have been the chairman that led us into administration

AJ's remit was to find new investment for the club, thats all, the day to day running was taken care of by bain, AJ had one job and one job only at the club, and he failed miserably over 3 years

as i said above we may not want whyte anywhere near our club, but we certainly dont want the last bunch of useless bastards either

getting 40million extra revenue that cannot be guaranteed

i'll ask you a simple question, if whyte had failed in the takeover and we went into this season with Lloyds 18mill loan and a blackhole in our finances due to the lack of european money, how do you think the season would have played out

especially with the big tax case coming to a conclusion this season

PAYE sent to the taxman, audited accounts, AGM, no engineered administration.

That should do for starters. (tu)

I'm prepared to give AJ a break for now. As others have said, he has continued to protest against Whyte even against great criticism from the fans. This is no time to be petty, we need rid of Whyte and anyone who is helping contribute to his downfall has my support.

PAYE sent to the taxman, audited accounts, AGM, no engineered administration.

That should do for starters. (tu)

you think we would have got this far casey, when maribor embarrassed us imo Lloyds would have pulled the plug, they wouldnt have financed a season without euro income and knowing the big tax case was coming to a close may well have called in their 18mill

so either we go into admin under Lloyds or they sell every decent player we have, and by fuck we dont have many sellable assets

no shagger, no davis, no whittaker, no naismith, no jelavic, no edu, no wylde

could we even have fielded a team of experienced SPL players :(

do his best, he can thank walter and the team for bringing him in an extra 40mill revenue over 2 seasons, without that AJ might well have been the chairman that led us into administration

AJ's remit was to find new investment for the club, thats all, the day to day running was taken care of by bain, AJ had one job and one job only at the club, and he failed miserably over 3 years

as i said above we may not want whyte anywhere near our club, but we certainly dont want the last bunch of useless bastards either

So, AJ wasn't the chairman who oversaw a £40m CL haul, as he had nothing to do with the day to day running BUT had we not qualified for the CL in those two years, he would have been the chairman who took us to the brink. That's a fair assessment, Jim. :rolleyes:

It may well be his plan, but I haven't seen anything about him wanting to return to a position on the board. Why do you object so strongly to him exposing a possible get out clause with regard to Whyte's eligibility to reclaim money from Rangers?

AJ has concerns. I would like to know how much due diligence AJ and the Board and SDM and Lloyds all did regarding C. Whyte.

Surely any decent amount of investigation would have shown his track record of failed companies and his 7 year ban as a director.

If the SFA think he was not a fit and proper person surely that conclusion should have reached RFC and Lloyds?

AJ et al may have voiced their concerns ok, but not strong enough for SDM or was D Muir and Lloyds in the know and had so much on SDM that they forced his hand?

SDM's legacy is in ruins and all of them collectively including CW should be shot for what they did to RFC.

you think we would have got this far casey, when maribor embarrassed us imo Lloyds would have pulled the plug, they wouldnt have financed a season without euro income and knowing the big tax case was coming to a close may well have called in their 18mill

so either we go into admin under Lloyds or they sell every decent player we have, and by fuck we dont have many sellable assets

no shagger, no davis, no whittaker, no naismith, no jelavic, no edu, no wylde

could we even have fielded a team of experienced SPL players :(

That's the thing with hypothesising.......one can make a case for anything. We qualified for the CL after humping Malmo home and away.

AJ has concerns. I would like to know how much due diligence AJ and the Board and SDM and Lloyds all did regarding C. Whyte.

Surely any decent amount of investigation would have shown his track record of failed companies and his 7 year ban as a director.

Are you kidding me on? AJ has been banging on about Craig Whyte from the off and I am pretty sure he was voicing his concerns before Whyte took over but if he did it in public he would have been shot down for some concocted reason by some on here

So, AJ wasn't the chairman who oversaw a £40m CL haul, as he had nothing to do with the day to day running BUT had we not qualified for the CL in those two years, he would have been the chairman who took us to the brink. That's a fair assessment, Jim. :rolleyes:

my arguement was against the fact that AJ was deemed the chairman that got the debt down, he didnt, the players and UEFA tasty money did

AJ's remit was to secure new investment, if we went into administration then he obviously had failed, therefore he would have been the chairman to lead us into admin

It may well be his plan, but I haven't seen anything about him wanting to return to a position on the board. Why do you object so strongly to him exposing a possible get out clause with regard to Whyte's eligibility to reclaim money from Rangers?

i dont reust him as i dont trust whyte, remember AJ tried to get expenses off our club once whyte took over, for a man that supposedly the greatest fan ever he has a funny way of showing it

His time at the club can be classed as a failure, and i just hope that he isnt looking for a second chance along with the previous regime

That's the thing with hypothesising.......one can make a case for anything. We qualified for the CL after humping Malmo home and away.

it not hypothesising with our CL result this season, that blew a 17mill jackpot that it seems the club needed to operate as it has done in recent years

my arguement was against the fact that AJ was deemed the chairman that got the debt down, he didnt, the players and UEFA tasty money did

AJ's remit was to secure new investment, if we went into administration then he obviously had failed, therefore he would have been the chairman to lead us into admin

i dont reust him as i dont trust whyte, remember AJ tried to get expenses off our club once whyte took over, for a man that supposedly the greatest fan ever he has a funny way of showing it

His time at the club can be classed as a failure, and i just hope that he isnt looking for a second chance along with the previous regime

I want a clean slate too, but I see Whyte as the most dangerous threat to us at this moment in time. Anything which can be used against him, whilst being good for Rangers, gets my backing, no matter where it comes from. I haven't got involved in the Murray v Whyte spat, and I don't intend to start now.