Side Contracts Confirmed

Sicknote

THIS ISNT NEW NEWS!!!!

it was claimed about a year ago that hmrc had 2 such letters, they may have/may not.

i believe the letters are the reason hmrc trying to see our ebt's were wrong.

if it was so cut and dry we would have been found against ages ago.

i dont know if we will win our lose the case but this letter story aint new news to me

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

wishart said it (on the radio), i quoted him from last week

Keevins, Darrel King and Wishart on Clyde today

Keevins: more bad news on the kids contracts at Ibrox

King: 54 youth contracts to be looked at over the weekend

Wishart: that's news to me.

Keevins and King: awkward silence.............................................

Wishart: doesn't make any financial sense to do that, why take someone one who makes 20,000 a year of the bill when you could take plenty earning more a week.

Lets go to tannadice for an update ....

Pricks just spout rubbish

Worst 'exclusive' yet. "We've seen some paper which HMRC might have seen which involves a player who could have illegal bonuses on his contract and we asked this guy who says he is an expert and he says it looks well dodgy"

They probably have seen something, but they never actually provide any source or name any names, it's pathetic. By the way that the sun have been so far behind on the story, and that Whyte has no beef with them, I wouldn't bee surprised if it got leaked by one of his men to deflect the attention from him at this point.

My guess at the player would be Dado Prso or Boumsong though. I remember people in France being shocked that these two players chose to come play in the Scottish League, since Dado was top scoer in the CL and Boumsong was breaking into the France team.

Worst 'exclusive' yet. "We've seen some paper which HMRC might have seen which involves a player who could have illegal bonuses on his contract and we asked this guy who says he is an expert and he says it looks well dodgy"

They probably have seen something, but they never actually provide any source or name any names, it's pathetic. By the way that the sun have been so far behind on the story, and that Whyte has no beef with them, I wouldn't bee surprised if it got leaked by one of his men to deflect the attention from him at this point.

My guess at the player would be Dado Prso or Boumsong though. I remember people in France being shocked that these two players chose to come play in the Scottish League, since Dado was top scoer in the CL and Boumsong was breaking into the France team.

They were both signed after this is meant to have happened. The most high profile signings around this period were Arteta in 2002 and then the duds of Emerson, Vanoli, Capucho, Stephen Thompson and Ostenstad the year after. Frank de Boer was also signed around this period although possibly just after this particular "incident". Ecks period at Rangers was during a heavy downsizing stage for the club, i would be amazed if he signed any player who was earning so much they were offered the EBT scheme, although i am sure Frank and Mikel would have been on a big salary.

Sun on Sunday confirm that there is evidence of side contracts.

This is the bombshell we were all dreading. Big tax case will be lost if true. Liquidation is inevitable?

IF true the tax case would have been lost long ago.

I don't think the bill (if we do loose) will be as large as others have suggested, and certainly no where near the figure Whyte was suggesting.

As for liquidation, you are hugely oversimplifying a very complex situation (after reading your futher posts on this). Rangers going out of existence benefits no one, and every possible assistance will be forthcoming from HMRC now that Whyte isn't messing them about to find a way through this. A tax settlement now plus future taxes that will be payable in years to come is preferable to them than the heehaw

We have handled over £80m debt before, i doubt they will be demanding the £70m be paid back immediately.

no we didnt, we had to get MIH to creat a 50million share purchase to get our debt down

during ecks time as manager we made the champions league 2 times including the last 16 once, and the UEFA cup group stages once, our debt barely moved at times, when SDM gave us that magical 50million share issue it still took us down to about 20mill in debt iirc

the champions league money from ecks last season meant we started the PLG year with almost no debt