Hugh Adam

Sicknote

It's not just our club, us fans and the ordinary people on ordinary jobs who are affected by this.

We've kinda shafted the whole game in Scotland too. Hearts are struggling to pay their wages cos they're run by another cunt. Dundee Utd are owed money they can ill afford to lose, and Dunfermline players have had to take a pay cut too.

We've only got ourselves to blame as well. How many of us tried to add up the sums during the Murray years? How many of us didn't care just how we were going to spend a tenner for every fiver Smelltic spent?

Heads up our fucking arses folks.

If, after all the investigations, things were deemed to be illegal then there could and should be repercussions for those involved through the law courts.

Anyone still think Sir David is a hero? He fucked us, and fucked the Scottish game. He should be stripped of his knighthood.

Whyte's just came in to trash the debt as there was no way we were ever going to pay any of it without automatic qualification into the Champions League.

strong smell of fish or is it pish :shifty:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yaking tripe

'The directors just wanted to sit in the directors' box. That's all. When I was on the board, I knew all about them.

'I just didn't know the details of them. They became accepted. 'The revenue were seriously challenging them at that point when I was a director.

"Directors just wanting to sit in the Director's box," - good opinion he has.

"I just didn't know the details of them ," blah, blah, blah.. You could take several damning comments from the original quote. Directors are legally responsible whether de jure or de facto in a lot of ways regarding what activities go on in their business.

A decent business the size of Rangers should have a functioning, capable board and the freeloaders kept to a minimum.

Turning a blind -eye or not pursuing anamolies isn't part of the remit. Nor is it a reason to be excused from the culpability of wrong doing or poor performance within that business.

Also, spending a lot of money on something isn't purely representative of being able to operate a sustainable business model.

As the OP said, timing is everything.

Hugh Adam raised the equivalent of £75m through the Rangers Pools, so his importance to Rangers over a thirty year period cannot be overstated.

I'm well aware of that.

However, being bitter 10 years on and trying to have a dig at David Murray (or whoever his target is) is pointless as he no longer owns us, it's damaging the club, the club you, I and he claim to love.

By all means he can have as many pops at Murray/fellow directors as he wants, but try and leave the club out of it.

it never ceases to amaze me what people are prepared to say at vital times for there own petty reasons.

someone attacked aj for trying to stop our sale to whyte once.

unbelievable but true.

Johnston principally waited until Whyte had taken over before launching his main criticisms and even then spoke in riddles; "watch this man", etc. If he had presented the evidence he collated on Whyte, which made him so sure Whyte was a wrong 'un, before he took over then folk might have listened. Indeed, Johnston even now talks about releasing what he knows "one day". Tell us now, Johnston, show us, give us the evidence. And to paraphrase Johnston, what does he know now that he didn't know before?

I'm well aware of that.

However, being bitter 10 years on and trying to have a dig at David Murray (or whoever his target is) is pointless as he no longer owns us, it's damaging the club, the club you, I and he claim to love.

By all means he can have as many pops at Murray/fellow directors as he wants, but try and leave the club out of it.

Its as simple as that..

Simple fact is we have O'Regan looking to make a mark here and as many believe liewell laying in the background

So we have SFA saying illegal to have this.

The British Government bringing this means of remuneration into play with HMRC.

We had SFA/UEFA controlling players rights nothing could be done then along comes Bosman takes it to European Courts and hey ho .player power. What I am getting at how can the club be penalised by sfa for using a legitimate scheme set up by the Government. Tell them to get to fuck and take it to European Courts.

The question is HMRC say the scheme was run in a way that contravened the rules of the scheme. Not that EBTs are/were illegal.

End of the day Government legislation will always override any sfa rule. If challenged in the courts.

It really is time for Rangers to publicly start questioning the position of that cunt on the SFA, the Traynor story is a good starting point (tu)

iam just back from a meeting in glasgows new veladrome yhis morning,we took a strool arround septic park with a councilor friend and i asked him who was paying for all the new infra structure all arround their stadium and he told me the council is paying the tab we are paying for septics work and upgrades take a visit and see with your own eyes

Does not surprise me one bit mate,the opening ceremony is at Parkhead,so no surprise there then,they really do know how to work the system,just have to look at the schooling situation.

They are building a new RC school where i live and i know for a fact that it was continually knocked back,but they won in the end with their devious ways FACT.

Johnston principally waited until Whyte had taken over before launching his main criticisms and even then spoke in riddles; "watch this man", etc. If he had presented the evidence he collated on Whyte, which made him so sure Whyte was a wrong 'un, before he took over then folk might have listened. Indeed, Johnston even now talks about releasing what he knows "one day". Tell us now, Johnston, show us, give us the evidence. And to paraphrase Johnston, what does he know now that he didn't know before?

The Independent Board made clear their reservations about Whyte roughly three weeks prior to the takeover eventually going through. They also wanted to look at the proposal put forward by P. Murray at that time. No matter what AJ had revealed, it wouldn't have mattered to the majority of the support.

The warnings were there, but people chose to either ignore them, or label them as nothing more than taig propaganda.

no concept of how to run a business. he practically paid for the stadium we sit in.

Adam 'practically paid for the stadium we sit in'?

I don't recall him pouring tens of millions into The Rangers. In fact, I'm certain he did nothing of the kind.

Why would you say such a thing after he sunk the boot into our club when it's down?

The Independent Board made clear their reservations about Whyte roughly three weeks prior to the takeover eventually going through. They also wanted to look at the proposal put forward by P. Murray at that time. No matter what AJ had revealed, it wouldn't have mattered to the majority of the support.

The warnings were there, but people chose to either ignore them, or label them as nothing more than taig propaganda.

AJ had a severe credibility gap over that last-gasp bid cobbled together with P. Murray. Finding £25m in May when Miller walked for peanuts in January didn't sit well with many supporters.

I don't recall him pouring tens of millions into The Rangers. In fact, I'm certain he did nothing of the kind.

Why would you say such a thing after he sunk the boot into our club when it's down?

adam was the brain behind the rangers pools(the second biggest sports pools in the world at the time)which paid for the new ibrox.he stated when he left rangers that "we were a house built on sand" and that murray was gambling with the very future of rangers.he was dismissed by the slippery one as a bitter ex employee.but how right he was about that coniving bastard who has brought a national institution to its knees

AJ had a severe credibility gap over that last-gasp bid cobbled together with P. Murray. Finding £25m in May when Miller walked for peanuts in January didn't sit well with many supporters.

The P.Murray proposal was first vaunted publicly in mid-April, Moses.

Anything that got rid of that hooped prick, Miller, suits me! :P

adam was the brain behind the rangers pools(the second biggest sports pools in the world at the time)which paid for the new ibrox.he stated when he left rangers that "we were a house built on sand" and that murray was gambling with the very future of rangers.he was dismissed by the slippery one as a bitter ex employee.but how right he was about that coniving bastard who has brought a national institution to its knees

Being the brains behind the pools is radically different from him being the man who 'practically paid for the stadium we sit in'.

And whilst he was on the money regarding Murray, he said a lot more at the time that sounded very bitter indeed. But now? He's wading in with tackety boots when we least need it.

The SFA, for example, announced today they are about to begin another investigation into his claims. Why, thanks, Adam. For fuck all.

see its still happening.

because I know what went on.

Being the brains behind the pools is radically different from him being the man who 'practically paid for the stadium we sit in'.

And whilst he was on the money regarding Murray, he said a lot more at the time that sounded very bitter indeed. But now? He's wading in with tackety boots when we least need it.

The SFA, for example, announced today they are about to begin another investigation into his claims. Why, thanks, Adam. For fuck all.

and its a world away from no concept how to run a business.

because I know what went on.

Rangers pools did make rangers a lot of money and did help build the stadium but i think you are over egging that pie.

Him staying silent if he knew what was going on makes him as culpable as anyone else (if true)

Two shots across the bow (one timed to cause rangers trouble) does not make him one fo the good guys, far from it.

Rangers pools did make rangers a lot of money and did help build the stadium but i think you are over egging that pie.

Him staying silent if he knew what was going on makes him as culpable as anyone else (if true)

Two shots across the bow (one timed to cause rangers trouble) does not make him one fo the good guys, far from it.

Thoroughly agree.

with him being a Murray critic it safe to say you were never likely to be a fan.