Sun on Sunday front page story about Paul Murray

j1mgg

A warning to everyone to stay away from helping Rangers. I said it the other day and i will say it again, it will be a brave man or brave men who try and own us next. We are hated on a nationwide scale from all corners of this shite hole of a country. If true, i suspect it is an attempt to put potential bidders off. These people want us to disappear for good.

Aren't we just a little ray of sunshine :craphead:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

restriction of trade does though.

we would almost certainly in a European court. god knows how long it would take and what sanctions we would suffer meanwhile.

see sion for example.

There's absolutely nothing stopping us from trading in any European country.

restriction of trade does though.

we would almost certainly in a European court. god knows how long it would take and what sanctions we would suffer meanwhile.

see sion for example.

your right this could be the moment football has been waiting for someone with nothing to lose to challenge Uefa

you would think higher powers are using us :rolleyes:

Playing in a league is not a right.

Playing in a UEFA sanctioned tournament is not a right.

I don't know if you are young? or just stupid?

I will say again no football anything is above European law you get it?

just needs a club to try it before you know it's a european league history made again :sherlock:

do you imagine if Asda were allowed market stalls in France but not supermarkets that wouldn't be restriction of trade Casey.

bbbbb but you can sell goods.

Think of the proposal for an Atlantic League. We were free to leave Scottish football to play in it. Where is the restriction of trade?

Can we as in Rangers just move there tomorrow and play in their SPL?

no we fucking can't because of their and Uefa laws!!

it's illegal under European law so get used to it, the whole thing is going to collapse.

I don't know if you are young? or just stupid?

I will say again no football anything is above European law you get it?

just needs a club to try it before you know it's a european league history made again :sherlock:

I'm neither. If you can explain to me in what way European laws are being broken, I'm willing to listen.

Could be us, i don't see that we would have anything to lose at all if the worst happens. Would be 4 season anyway before we would be able to play in Europe again so a ban from Uefa aint going to do much.

Would rather that than play in a league that is basically akin to being fixed minus 15-20 points is handing the league to C*ltic on a plate whats the point?

I'm neither. If you can explain to me in what way European laws are being broken, I'm willing to listen.

I'm not a lawyer but it's what i have been saying and others a test case is needed what have we to lose now?

Regarding the attempts to move down south, European law has no bearing or weight on the matter. Scotland and England are not two nation states but part of one country and as such any regulations or laws that affect inter-European rights do not apply.

The point that proves this is the university tuition fees fiasco. If you are from a European country that is not great Britain, under eu law you must have equitable treatment to uk citizens so, the same as scots, you don't have to pay tuition fees for university, the Scottish government foots the bill. If you are English, welsh or northern Irish you aren't given this right and have to pay tuition fees. This is because laws affecting equality of rights for eu citizens in a different eu member state don't apply internally to a country (uk being one country).

It's this that would prove a stumbling block to any move down south. Given how poorly our club has been managed, over stretched and run into debt I think an epl mOve would prove disastrous- the ambition to stay in higher leagues and pressure from our proud fanbase would cause a repeat of our current Plight.

For now I'm just looking forward to getting the club on a better footing, becoming competitive in the Spl and getting back to winning titles every year. It may take years but we'll be there, even if we're in the third division.