Old Gers Pics

TheMotor

Having really enjoyed seeing some of the pics that other old codgers have been putting up recently, I thought I'd put up a wee thread where we could gather some more old, rare, weird, or inspiring Gers pics from days past. "Old" can be whatever it means to you: 10 years ago or 100 years or more.

I'm not a fan of threads with rules on what people should post, so other than asking for people to keep this as Gers related and not about the scum or anyone else, fire away.

Here are some starters:

firstibroxconstruction.jpg

An image of 1st Ibrox in an advert by the builder

1888vscanada11firstibro.jpg

Rangers Vs Canada - Standing in front of the clubhouse at 1st Ibrox

rsmccoll1905.jpg

Rangers player R S McColl in 1905. If I'd known about this guy when I was a kid, I would have taken much more care on my paper round....

rangerscartoon.jpg

A Rangers cartoon from, I think, 1895. Don't know where it was published and I'm guessing the year from the name of the goalie and the roll of honours on the left.

rangerssportsday4835.jpg

Sports Day at Ibrox 4th August 1935. Some crowd.

I'll add some more myself later but get tore in folks.........

Cracking photos mate :praise: look forward to seeing more :D Who let them dig big fuck off holes in the turf n fill them with water for a sports day :lol: makes you think though when your sitting at ibrox, the amount of history that's contained in the old place :clap:

A few more oldies......

jackyrobertson1900.jpg

Jacky Robertson. Image from 1900.

donaldgow1896.jpg

Donald Gow from 1896. A truly epic mouser and it looks like his best Sunday shoes.

georgeyoungandbillywrig.png

George Young and Billy Wright leading out Scotland and England. Built like a bloody brick wall, that fella.

ibroxsportsday1958.jpg

Sports Day at Ibrox - 1958.

Sorry, I'm not on the pace of current events but have some light entertainment from days gone by......

rangersvsstandrewsvanco.jpg

Rangers vs St Andrews 1930 at Athletic Park, Vancouver. Check out the baseball diamond on the pitch. I think Rangers won 7-0. There is doubt about which ground it was and the ground no longer exists but the image seems to fit with other pictures of Athletic Park.

rangersvsstandrewsinvan.png

Another image from the Vancouver game.

rangersontournorthameri.jpg

Rangers on the North American tour of 1928.

gbteamolympics1912ronal.jpg

This is a picture of the Great Britain football team that won the Gold at the 1912 Olympics in Stockholm. The Goalkeeper, Ronald Brebner, was an ex-Ranger. The only Ranger to have won an Olympic gold, does anyone know?

ibroxpark3ww0ph9.jpg

Good photo of the old ibrox :) some good ones on Rangerspedia, worth a look :D

Scored many a crackng goal on the red blaize pitch across from the stadium and my old primary school. Can see the back of my pals house , he ended up playing for Rangers. Copied the photo cheers bud 00000042.gif

glasgowfromtheair1891.jpg

An artists impression of Glasgow from the air from 1891. 1st Ibrox is in the bottom left corner.

1899glasgowrangers.jpg

The league winning Rangers team of 1898-99. Played 18, Won 18. Pictured in fron tof the clubhouse at 1st Ibrox.

195455colour.jpg

Rangers 1954-55 squad. I have a soft spot for this picture as Derek Grierson, recently deceased, was my Maths teacher at school.