Mugs

saintbob1969

According to the papers we have some good news on the horizon. The cavalry are riding over the hill and among their number is The Treasury, HMRC, Ticketus and some guy called Murray. Now I am grateful also to the players for taking a hit in their massive wages but they were overpaid and ultimately not good enough this season. ( a run in Europe might have helped us pay some bills).

Lets' pick off these false saviours one by one:

The Treasury - anyone actually believe the UK government want to get involved in this Scottish problem? And why should they.

HMRC - they are prepared to do a deal as long as we get shot of Craig Whyte, sorry but HMRC don't tell people what they are going to do. This is just wishful thinking.

Ticketus - They want money and nothing else.

Paul Murray - This guy could have saved us before Whyte came along but was not willing to buy into a club with a massive tax debt, this has not changed, he is playing us for idiots.

Before the season is out we will see season tickets being declared void and ticket prices will be hiked to "save our club" and Rangers fans will dig deep once again to line the pockets of everyone except the club they want to save.

Before SDM sold the club for £1 we had debts sure, now the vultures are pecking away and charging us interest as they feed.

The Treasury are more likely to be helpful, if we have some heavy weight political backing.

Recently the Scottish Conservatives debated re-branding as they were deemed 'toxic' north of the border.

I would urge us to resurrect this idea, and seek to create a confederation between the Scottish Conservatives, the DUP and the UUP.

If we can pool all the Rangers vote behind a single political movement, David Cameron would be wise to treat with us.

We could even promote some of the English policies, for example 'free Schools' to set up Christian faith schools, of a grammar school nature, founded upon the heritage of the fan base.

What's this got to do with football? Such changes would make us very powerful, and help us stand up against Septic, who's supporters are becoming increasingly influential without counter balance from our side of the fence.

Together we are stronger

In God we trust

I agree with much of what the OP declares, but let's not lose sight of the fact that the club are still in there fighting and that a knock out punch has not been delivered. Over the years I have witnessed many occassions when all appeared lost, on many different fronts, sporting and businesss. However I have also seen many instaces of remarkable recovery from apparently terrible positions, it sticks in my throat a wee bit but you only have to look across the city at our fiercest rivals and remember that their position was possibly worse than ours, with a matter of hours before shutting up shop.

That there will be more problems to face and more debts to clear up is not in question. That a team wearing blue will be playing at Ibrox is not in question either, and the support will be right behind them. Regardless what they are officially called, they will still be Rangers

The Treasury are more likely to be helpful, if we have some heavy weight political backing.

Recently the Scottish Conservatives debated re-branding as they were deemed 'toxic' north of the border.

I would urge us to resurrect this idea, and seek to create a confederation between the Scottish Conservatives, the DUP and the UUP.

If we can pool all the Rangers vote behind a single political movement, David Cameron would be wise to treat with us.

We could even promote some of the English policies, for example 'free Schools' to set up Christian faith schools, of a grammar school nature, founded upon the heritage of the fan base.

What's this got to do with football? Such changes would make us very powerful, and help us stand up against Septic, who's supporters are becoming increasingly influential without counter balance from our side of the fence.

Together we are stronger

In God we trust

You can stick that fukkin suggestion where the sun don't shine

Top post Saintbob

The same spin doctors that told us that Whyte was all right are still employed by the club. Your correct on every point and could add a dozen more. Serious reality check needed by fans. The wage cut has only bought us a little time, we still can't afford the wage bill and players(top) will have to go in the summer. Murray has no great wealth and requires all the support he can get, and has stated himself he doesn't see why anyone would by a club which is about to get hit with a £50M+ tax bill, on top of all the other financial difficulties. Ticketus are not part of his consortium, they just offered words of support.

Take a day off. You can be fkn miserable tomorrow.

The light at the end of the tunnel doesnt have to be the taxmans torch.

:21:

it is not my choice to be miserable or happy, it is my misfortune to have my team dragged through the mire by idiots and pirates. I'll be happy soon enough when we are out of this mess but I don't want any Rangers man to ever be complacent. There is no cavalry coming over the hill. The only way to save our club is for fans to get smarter, more critical, and more organised.

We do not just pay up, smile, and shut up.

Do you disagree with all my points or just some bits?

Why do you disagree?

Do you have an alternative proposal?

Constructive reasoned feedback welcomed.

If I may interject here, your username is stinking. I have been told for some months now, by smug taig cunts, to "follow the money", and some of your comments set all sorts of alarm bells ringing. :sherlock:

Together we are stronger

In God we trust

That is without doubt the biggest pile of utter shite I've ever read on here or anywhere else :lol:

i dont think were out the deep water yet and i believe anyone who thinks the club will be bought and just go back to the way weve been run for the last decade(wages wise). needs to wake up.

things however are looking up and the fact that hmrc will possibly deal with us is the biggest news we have had in many months.

the hmrc problem is the most important factor in all this shit and if we can get a good deal with them then things will be ok.

on monday we were sinking without a raft, now we have a raft just need oars and directions on where to paddle to.

Together we are stronger

In God we trust

Dearie dearie me what a complete load of crap.

Top post Saintbob

The same spin doctors that told us that Whyte was all right are still employed by the club. Your correct on every point and could add a dozen more. Serious reality check needed by fans. The wage cut has only bought us a little time, we still can't afford the wage bill and players(top) will have to go in the summer. Murray has no great wealth and requires all the support he can get, and has stated himself he doesn't see why anyone would by a club which is about to get hit with a £50M+ tax bill, on top of all the other financial difficulties. Ticketus are not part of his consortium, they just offered words of support.

Top post?

It's fucking reeking. What are you on about?