Arsenal FC - Fan donations?

kanjo

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bayern Munich arguably has a larger fanbase than Dortmund. By fanbase I don't mean people turning up week after week, but those who term themselves as fans. It's also about global recognition ... Bayern has a global profile that Dortmund can't match. Remember, Rangers gets around 50,000 people to turn up at Ibrox, but 250,000 people descended on Manchester for the Uefa cup final. Juventus doesn't get the crowds that the Milan teams get, but no one would seriously question that the "Old Lady" is Italy's biggest club.

Exactly, works the same way closer to home with say Newcastle compared to us. Bigger crowds sometimes and bigger stadium but not more fans worldwide.

Exactly, works the same way closer to home with say Newcastle compared to us. Bigger crowds sometimes and bigger stadium but not more fans worldwide.

You had to mention Newcastle. I love the Toon, but the simple fact is that Rangers is a bigger club.

Incidentally, I answered your question, while you seem to be avoiding answering mine.

Sorry I forgot.

No its not only about trophies but they are whats made us so well known world wide. Do you think had we won lets say 20 titles we would be so well known world wide? Im not so sure. Maybe we would be but the trophies certainly gives us recognition.

Sorry I forgot.

No its not only about trophies but they are whats made us so well known world wide. Do you think had we won lets say 20 titles we would be so well known world wide? Im not so sure. Maybe we would be but the trophies certainly gives us recognition.

Well, as a check of my location will show, I can comment on the "outside" view of Rangers. Rangers is most widely known not for fifty-four titles, but as being one half of the "Old Firm". Rangers is the bastion of protestantism and Unionism, with Ibrox as its citadel. Without the various undertones that exist between the "Old Firm" it wouldn't matter how many titles Rangers or Celtic have won ... they'd mean next to nothing globally.

Well, as a check of my location will show, I can comment on the "outside" view of Rangers. Rangers is most widely known not for fifty-four titles, but as being one half of the "Old Firm". Rangers is the bastion of protestantism and Unionism, with Ibrox as its citadel. Without the various undertones that exist between the "Old Firm" it wouldn't matter how many titles Rangers or Celtic have won ... they'd mean next to nothing globally.

Sorry but I live in England I have also lived abroad and most poeple ive spoke to couldnt even tell you who was known as the Protestant team and who the other. They could tell you though that we win the league most years.

Sorry but I live in England I have also lived abroad and most poeple ive spoke to couldnt even tell you who was known as the Protestant team and who the other. They could tell you though that we win the league most years.

The only thing that tells me is that you speak with some very stupid people.

Why would forengiers or people from Bath really care enough to know the ins and outs of this subject?

The "Old Firm" is Rangers and Celtic ... now, what kind of moron is going to think Celtic is the protestant club?

The "Old Firm" is Rangers and Celtic ... now, what kind of moron is going to think Celtic is the protestant club?

Yes everyone knows they are the old firm but why would they know enough about the religious aspects of it? Unles of course they take a keen interest in Scottish football. 30-50 years ago any would know but the Scottish game just isnt big enough anymore to have a big enough interest.

Yes everyone knows they are the old firm but why would they know enough about the religious aspects of it? Unles of course they take a keen interest in Scottish football. 30-50 years ago any would know but the Scottish game just isnt big enough anymore to have a big enough interest.

That's the key ... the perceived size of clubs was decided a long time ago, when Scottish football had more of a resonance. Everyone I've ever met knows the difference between Rangers and Celtic and has been intelligent enough to work out that Celtic doesn't sound very protestant. Now, what happened around fifty years ago that would propel Manchester United to the forefront of peoples' consciousness?

That's the key ... the perceived size of clubs was decided a long time ago, when Scottish football had more of a resonance. Everyone I've ever met knows the difference between Rangers and Celtic and has been intelligent enough to work out that Celtic doesn't sound very protestant. Now, what happened around fifty years ago that would propel Manchester United to the forefront of peoples' consciousness?

They were the first English club to represent England in Europe.

Hardly tugs at the heartstrings, does it? Try again.

Look we are going around in circles. You are going to say it made them the biggest club in ENgland and im going to say you have no proof to back that up. Lets agree to disagree on it. It had a good run its getting boring now.

Look we are going around in circles. You are going to say it made them the biggest club in ENgland and im going to say you have no proof to back that up. Lets agree to disagree on it. It had a good run its getting boring now.

I agreed to that two days ago.