TUF 15

Polo

So did anyone watch the series premiere of TUF 15 this weekend? I think it’s due to be on ESPN most weekends? First episode was live and consisted of 16 one round fights. Loads of finishes :)

Special mention to Justin Lawrence. Looks like an absolute animal! Will be interesting to see how he does against the lay and pray artists.

Worst fight was either the 6”3 boxer vs the guy who clinched against the cage for 5 minutes or the Brit (Ogle?) who was caught in a semi-triangle for most of the fight but managed to get the decision.

So did anyone watch the series premiere of TUF 15 this weekend? I think it’s due to be on ESPN most weekends? First episode was live and consisted of 16 one round fights. Loads of finishes :)

Special mention to Justin Lawrence. Looks like an absolute animal! Will be interesting to see how he does against the lay and pray artists.

Worst fight was either the 6”3 boxer vs the guy who clinched against the cage for 5 minutes or the Brit (Ogle?) who was caught in a semi-triangle for most of the fight but managed to get the decision.

That Lawrence guy looked good, I think he trains at Blackhouse. You can really notice the difference between the TUF guys and the UFC guys now more than ever I think. The majority of them are well rounded, just not really great at anything.

That triangle attempt was poor, the attempts at escaping poor also. How can you have a guy almost locked in for most of a round and not finish/transition to an armbar etc.

Christian Marcello should take this season, excellent jitz(3rd degree black belt), former Chute Box BJJ coach who has been around the game for a long time. The guy he subbed was an Eddie Bravo black belt, and he made him look like a white belt on the mat. His striking looked decent too. He was the guy that choked out Charles "Krazy Horse" Bennett backstage at Pride, it's on YouTube.

That Lawrence guy looked good, I think he trains at Blackhouse. You can really notice the difference between the TUF guys and the UFC guys now more than ever I think. The majority of them are well rounded, just not really great at anything.

That triangle attempt was poor, the attempts at escaping poor also. How can you have a guy almost locked in for most of a round and not finish/transition to an armbar etc.

Christian Marcello should take this season, excellent jitz(3rd degree black belt), former Chute Box BJJ coach who has been around the game for a long time. The guy he subbed was an Eddie Bravo black belt, and he made him look like a white belt on the mat. His striking looked decent too. He was the guy that choked out Charles "Krazy Horse" Bennett backstage at Pride, it's on YouTube.

Yeah, the other guy was going on about how brilliant his rubber guard was etc beforehand. He got destroyed. :lol:

I'm picking Myles Jury. Should be a decent season.

Looking forward to TUF Brazil as well.

I'm sure I read he's supposed to be a great fighter? IIRC he played it ultra safe in his fight? Wrestler I think - unless I'm confusing him with someone else.

Is TUF Brazil likely to be on tv?

I'm sure I read he's supposed to be a great fighter? IIRC he played it ultra safe in his fight? Wrestler I think - unless I'm confusing him with someone else.

Is TUF Brazil likely to be on tv?

He's 9-0 and has finished every one of his opponents, apart from the TUF fight, so he is a really talented guy. He was the last guy to get into the house. He was supposed to be on the 13th season but he tore his ligaments so he's clearly someone the UFC rates.

I'm not sure, but it will available on the Internet somewhere I think. Vitor and Wanderlei as coaches :drool:

Has this started yet? A local lad had trials to be in this but it was afterwards they decided they were only having the lightweights. He's fighting on mmajunkie in dubia tonight if anyone follows stevie ray.

Stevie "fuckin" Ray , he's on at 5 pm

Cheers mate (tu)

Wasn't on the EPG when I checked earlier this week - was on Sat night instead I think.

Same happend last week too. Think it might have been a last minute decision to decide to show it live here.

I was on the UFC website earlier and it doesn't look like the UFC Sweden card is live though.

Hopefully that'll change too.

Lawrence v Marcello this weekend :)

It'll all be about whether Marcello can take Lawrence down. Read somewhere that Lawrence is meant to have a fairly decent wrestling pedigree so we'll see.

Bit of a shame two of the better guys are going at it so soon but it'll certainly make it interesting. There are bound to be injuries which free up a slot or two for second chances anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Recording interrupted AGAIN so missed the sudden victory round of the Jury v Iaquinta fight. What a shambles ESPN's coverage is :angry:

Great 1st couple of rounds though. Chiesa to win by ragdolling Larsen next week I reckon.