The RST and the £92k

TheLawMan

Where else could you have bought a Rangers share for a tenner? Don't think it would have beenpossible.

You don't need to give the rights of the share or any shares to the RST. You can if you want, I'm sure, buit I certainly wouldn't dream of doing that.

I didn't say it would have been possible to buy it for less than a tenner or not, I just said it was worth less than the value paid for it.

In terms of the rights, voting rights are such that is a Supporter's Trust doesn't combine the shares, then ultimately, there is absolutely no point to it, I always figured that was the plan.

I am not even saying whether people should be doing it or not, just that I wouldn't, for the reasons given.

I can assure you bud , I have no hidden agendas. Just a run of the mill Rangers man. and I am concerned about a group holding circa 100k, when their site is so out of date in FSA requirements as to naming a company that in is administration.

The poster you asked the question asked it i believe with no hidden aganda , merely to ask that if this particular group that hold they funds or maybe they don't hold them, instead they're in the hands of the administrators of DSL. I thought he asked in a decent manner.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The contents of this website in relation to the Rangers Supporters Trust Share Save Scheme are the responsibility of the Trust and have been approved solely for the purposes of Section 21 of the Financial Services Market Act 2000 by Direct Sharedeal Ltd, 2nd Floor, 4 West Regent Street, Glasgow G2 1RW. Direct Sharedeal Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (No.188753).

RISK DISCLAIMER: Supporters should be aware the value of the shares can go down as well as up and that past performance is no guide to future performance. Your shares in Rangers PLC may not be readily realisable and may be difficult to sell or to obtain reliable information on their value.

The above was taken from the gersnet site tonight. So this legal disclaimer is null and void, I mean it's not as if they went into admin today or even last month. So when you see such disregard for legal requirements it does make you wonder.

Yeah, the RST's admin is crap when it comes to that sort of thing. They are not good about keeping stuff up to date. However I doubt that it's got any impact on the security of the cash.

As for the OP's point, if you look at it as a stand-alone question from a member then it could be taken as genuine but when you take it in conjuction with his other RST comments recently (and likewise other contributors on the thread), it's fairly obvious what his intention is. However obviously you may have a different opinion.

Sounds like 9300 people didn't get a share for their tenners

I was referring to the membership fee and not Gersave.

As for the cash sitting in the Gersave account, yes, I think that the RST could have been a lot more proactive in approaching the club and getting it invested with them.

well this would be gone on ff. given were on page 13 and we've discovered the op was utter nonsense I can't say it would be a bad decision.

I've probably burned my bridges where a membership of vb is concerned but Ivan quite sure your right.

gersnet is where I would go for balance shame its not a busier forum.

fwiw unjust and hypocritical bannings aside I have no issues with how this sites run. indeed I like the freedom allowed here. I often recommend this site and link to it.

Where was it established that the op was nonsense?

If anything, the one person who was able to answer and in a position to answer has confirmed he is unsure of the real answers and that he is going to check.

How does that equal nonsense ffs?

Bluebell, I've never hidden my dislike of the trust, so if that makes it an agenda then so be it, however given where we are as a club and how we have got there under the lies of Whyte, then I fully reserve the right to question the ins and outs of anyone who is posturing for a part in our future, as uncomfortable as that may be for some.

Perhaps if more people had questioned whyte prior to may 6th then the message would have got out there quicker and saved us from this embarrassment we are now in. (tu)

Just wanted to ask you.........the documentation on the gersnet states Direct Sharedeal Limited

Just reading through the thread and this is the second time so far that you've wrongly used the name Gersnet when you should have said GerSave. There's a huge difference, so please get your facts straight. (tu)

(tu) no problems.

BTW I can get pms on my phone. top right of the page looks like this >> hit that and go to messages.

might only be androids.

By God you're right! Do you want a job as my IT advisor? :)

I am ignoring your PM now, by the way, but you didn't want a response anyway (tu)

I was referring to the membership fee and not Gersave.

As for the cash sitting in the Gersave account, yes, I think that the RST could have been a lot more proactive in approaching the club and getting it invested with them.

But is the whole ethos of this trust save scheme, not for the sole purpose to purchase club shares.

Also re the admin on the trust, that is shocking to say lax ,and you normally find in business if they are lax in one area then it tends to be rife throughout.

That is a fundamental requirement of the FSA to have active up to date literature.

Just reading through the thread and this is the second time so far that you've wrongly used the name Gersnet when you should have said GerSave. There's a huge difference, so please get your facts straight. (tu)

One always puts in a deliberate mistake! Solely for the purpose of finding out if people actually read the post.biggrin.gif Plus it was a long long day and god knows how many posts on this subject and yet , no one knows what account the funds are in.

Perchance was craig whyte on the board of the rst?wink.gif

One always puts in a deliberate mistake! Solely for the purpose of finding out if people actually read the post.biggrin.gif Plus it was a long long day and god knows how many posts on this subject and yet , no one knows what account the funds are in.

Perchance was craig whyte on the board of the rst?wink.gif

Has anybody contacted the relevant people within the RST and asked them?

According to shorerdbear, DSL had never held the money, so how could that be possible?

I could not be bothered checking back through all the posts last night. What post did he reply, as I said I thought he was going to find out. So the money must be in the rst trust account. Simples.

Have a look at the RST accounts. The money is held in a separate bank account, referred to as the "Members account". This account is interest bearing because the respective creditor referred to as "Members segregated share save funds" is a slightly lower figure than the "Members account" i.e. there is some interest received resting in the bank account. Others will know the legals/FSA implications (if any) better than me.

Interestingly the £50k shares bought a few years ago have had to be written down (to c£40k odd IIRC) and will presumably need to be written down to nil in the next accounts (if 85% of the shares are worth £1)! Ouch.

Have a look at the RST accounts. The money is held in a separate bank account, referred to as the "Members account". This account is interest bearing because the respective creditor referred to as "Members segregated share save funds" is a slightly lower figure than the "Members account" i.e. there is some interest received resting in the bank account. Others will know the legals/FSA implications (if any) better than me.

Interestingly the £50k shares bought a few years ago have had to be written down (to c£40k odd IIRC) and will presumably need to be written down to nil in the next accounts (if 85% of the shares are worth £1)! Ouch.

I had a little check and from what i read all client money needs to be held in a trust account and any interest earned on Client Money must stay within the Stat Trust account the original Client money was deposited in.

Which begs a further question, if im reading your point above correctly as it appears separated. (tu)