Messi now a goal off FCB all-time mark

Shane

Lionel Messi needs one goal to equal the Barcelona scoring record after Cesar Rodriguez's total was revised to 232 from 235 by the La Liga club.

Barca and La Vanguardia newspaper conducted a joint study to verify Rodriguez's tally from the 1950s.

The study showed he had scored three less than previously thought, Barca said in a statement on their website.

beeb story

Not that it mattered, there's a chance the record was gone the next time he took to the pitch anyways. Still only 24, 51 from 44 this year plus another 20-odd assists. Fuckin hell, what else do you say about the boy? hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the most important question is could he.... do it... at the.... Britannia.... on a rainy.... Tuesday night..... in winter?

**Yes is absolutely the answer, just in case anyone mistakes that. Phil Huth would have to find a new line of work after that.

Unbelievable what he's achieved so far at such a young age and showing no signs of slowing down.

How much better can this guy get?!

Not much :lol:

I'll probably get hate for this, but it does confuse me that people still go on about how "young" he is. Taking nothing away from his talent or all he's achieved as he is obviously one of the best of all time, but it's not as if he's a teenager. He'll be 25 this summer - the same age as Edu. Can't say I've ever heard anyone go on about Edu's potential, at least not for a long, long time.

Not much :lol:

I'll probably get hate for this, but it does confuse me that people still go on about how "young" he is. Taking nothing away from his talent or all he's achieved as he is obviously one of the best of all time, but it's not as if he's a teenager. He'll be 25 this summer - the same age as Edu. Can't say I've ever heard anyone go on about Edu's potential, at least not for a long, long time.

It's not a matter of him being "young" and still with all this in front of him. Like you said, it's that he's done all of this by now, all the trophies and awards, every one of his goals would be the highlight of 95% of footballers' careers. And yeah, he's still got another 5-7 years of amazing us. If Edu's still pulling on a shirt for us then something went astray. wink.gif

It's not a matter of him being "young" and still with all this in front of him. Like you said, it's that he's done all of this by now, all the trophies and awards, every one of his goals would be the highlight of 95% of footballers' careers. And yeah, he's still got another 5-7 years of amazing us. If Edu's still pulling on a shirt for us then something went astray. wink.gif

Leave Maurice alone :lol: Arguably our best player this season imho.

Leave Maurice alone :lol: Arguably our best player this season imho.

Bocajuniors or Davo for me, but he's put on some good shows. Just as long was Big Lee's not parked next to him doh

He scores goals against ANY opposition...........

not so sure, didnt seem to happy being man marked by Pepe in the copa del rey final last year, went missing in a cold night at Osasuna, couldny buy a goal at the world cup the toys came about the pram when he visited the famous glasgow rangers.

not so sure, didnt seem to happy being man marked by Pepe in the copa del rey final last year, went missing in a cold night at Osasuna, couldny buy a goal at the world cup the toys came about the pram when he visited the famous glasgow rangers.

Once again with the Madrid glasses on . You talk some pish , he has ripped Madrid apart so many times in the past and at the ripe old age of 24 , will do it many times again in the future .

Less of the pish and enjoy him while he's playing ..........

He has scored 13 goals against Real Madrid <cr>

Still not a patch on Diego Maradona.

Clearly now in that small circle of the elite all time, Diego, Pele, Cruyff, etc...

When Pele goes out of his way to start slagging you off to anyone with a mic, you know you're stepping on his toes. If only Pep was his boss at int'l level...

Once again with the Madrid glasses on . You talk some pish , he has ripped Madrid apart so many times in the past and at the ripe old age of 24 , will do it many times again in the future .

Less of the pish and enjoy him while he's playing ..........

hmmm im not sure though, he makes teams who don't perfom defensively pay to the fullest, but struggles against those on defensive form, inter milan's another example. like i said though, granada at home should be a cake walk for him and his team mates, unlike osasuna away in the chilly weather. :sherlock:

hmmm im not sure though, he makes teams who don't perfom defensively pay to the fullest, but struggles against those on defensive form, inter milan's another example. like i said though, granada at home should be a cake walk for him and his team mates, unlike osasuna away in the chilly weather. :sherlock:

:lol:

:BELM:

Mate, he's diced loads of teams on top defensive form. You're looking for the weeds in the garden. You don't win three Champions Leagues not trouncing some teams on defensive form, nor score 49 goals in 64 matches. Madrid have been on form all season... cept when Leo shows up.

Utter pish, mate. Problem with Madrid colored glasses is they're painted solid white, can't see nothing through'em at all.