Fair play to Whittaker

Crespie6

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was weird. We switched from the back 5 to a back 4, but kept Wallace as a sort of wingback with a tight midfield three.

367292_Rangers.jpg

It worked though.

Got to say that it suited Wallace. Could have scored a hat-trick today and that isn't an exaggeration. Had Cha not taken him down he would have been one on one with Forster, he should have scored before Little but I think he was just a bit too close to the keeper and he scored the third. Even then he had that chance which he blootered over the goal.

He's a machine energy wise.

Whitts definitely pushed him with his arm / elbow, it was stupid. Had me raging at the TV when i should have been singing.

Commons definitely went down easy (just like the slimy Greek and the disgrace of a club captain of theirs did all day) Seen it from the stand and confirmed on telly.

Thought Whitts done fine for his first game back. As mentioned previously he didn't seem to have a right mid in front of him to offer any protection but they did not seem to exploit that (he is the worst manager in their tainted history, both tactically and as a a human being).

One thing I am sure off, we are better with him than without him (Bartley and Kirk didnae do a decent job when they were filling in at right back). Welcome back Steven, I hope you can get back to your form of the last few seasons and forget about this season

He made the most of it, but Whittaker basically went over and pushed him to the ground.

Laziness.

Or tiredness. Not much of a Whiitaker fan but thought he did pretty well until the last minute of the first half. As he got more tired (understandably) he made more mistakes

Theres a time and place for fancies, SW has not worked it out yet, considering the amount of goals he has cost us down his side losing possesion cheaply, he still insists in trying dragbacks or little dribbles getting caught out more often than not.

He was rusty but get it hoofed up the park or play a simple pass then he wont get ball robbed.

Commons definitely went down easy (just like the slimy Greek and the disgrace of a club captain of theirs did all day) Seen it from the stand and confirmed on telly.

Thought Whitts done fine for his first game back. As mentioned previously he didn't seem to have a right mid in front of him to offer any protection but they did not seem to exploit that (he is the worst manager in their tainted history, both tactically and as a a human being).

One thing I am sure off, we are better with him than without him (Bartley and Kirk didnae do a decent job when they were filling in at right back). Welcome back Steven, I hope you can get back to your form of the last few seasons and forget about this season

Agreed whitts ads some much needed width on the right, something that bartley and broadfoot dont.

Agree he went down easy, but Whitts made it easy for the ref to give the foul. Ach well, we still won! :craphead:

Aye, you are right we won and that is he greatest thing about it.

I had a fiver on 3-1 so that shitey free kick cost me money as well. I am more annoyed that the score makes it look as if they were even threatening to us during the match. We pished all over them and should have seen 5 or 6 on the big scoreboard.

I thought he was pretty poor today. First game back for months and he kept trying too many tricks instead of just playing the simple pass. I actually like him but not at full back as he lacks the pace for that position.

He is one of our fastest players and a great engine on him!

I hate writing this because he made a wonderful gesture in waiving 75% of his pay, but I thought he was our weak link yesterday.

He makes so many mistakes defensively, particularly this habit of his of trying to dribble his way out of trouble only to find his opponent simply intercepts the ball and is bearing down on goal or the bye line.

His passing, crossing and general play was poor too.

Frankly, he's not good enough.

Sorry mate, you must be kidding, it's his lack of pace at full back which costs us. When he tries the fancy stuff and loses possession he can't get back because of his lack of pace.

Ach we shall just have to disagree - cause I think you are wrong!

Cringed every time he was in action defensively. gave away an unnecessary free kick for their last goal. Way overpaid in my opinion too. I accept he would have been rusty all the same.

agree hes an accident waiting to happen,in the last minute of the first half he tried to dribble out of his

own box lost the ball (same as malmo)and the scum nearly scored and gave an amateurish free kick at their second goal a truly awful defender

agree hes an accident waiting to happen,in the last minute of the first half he tried to dribble out of his

own box lost the ball (same as malmo)and the scum nearly scored and gave an amateurish free kick at their second goal a truly awful defender

i'm going to through this out there - i get the impression you are not a fan of Monseiour Whittaker? :craphead: