Club 9 Sports issue statement

To me that doesn't say they have pulled out of the bidding. It seems to indicate they were never actually in the bidding. Maybe more of a facilitator in the purchase.

Exactly! They clearly state "Our role has been as a member of a proposed consortium." Notice the neither confirm or refute that they still are part of said proposed consortium or whether that consortium is going to bid, or pull out.

They do go into some detail, and sound more positive than the media spin portrayed them.

This "asset purchase" purchase seems to hint at the distinction of club and company, as many posted had noted, quoting the company as only starting in 1899.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Explain clever if you don't mind. Or rather what 'prepack administration' is in your definition?

I believe a pre pack to be an asset sale and newco without offcially going into liquidation

When I said clever I meant the way they have worded the article

The only thing I am unsure of is wether they will be able to purchase the licence for the SPL

If not then just the same as liquidation except we keep our history

It does seem almost too good to be true that the good stuff and bad stuff are seperated with the latter being binned ... if it is possible then you can be sure that liewell as a last resort will leave the SFA in no doubt through gritted teeth that he wants blood :lol:

That statement is horrible, and I am baffled that people read this and thought it was 'good news'.

For those who have began to fear, or have feared for sometime, or are even just getting a little worried that they might not have a team to support for much longer, its not the worst statement to read.

Hardly good news, mind you.

Can you point me in the direction of this please GS, ive not read that yet. Theres that much flying around just now.

Chris mcglauchlan said he had spoken to Kennedy and Kennedy said something like the idea of club 9 sports owning us put the fear of god in him.

Can you point me in the direction of this please GS, ive not read that yet. Theres that much flying around just now.

Chris McLaughlin ‏ @BBCchrismclaug Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Brian Kennedy tells me that Club 9 Sports bid 'frightens the living hell' out of him. #Rangers

(tu)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17601438

Bout halfway down the page

"Kennedy had his initial bid rejected last week but is so keen for it to go down the route of a CVA that he is poised to re-enter the race if he believes that Rangers are heading for the newco option.

"The bid from Club 9 Sports scares the living hell out of me," he told BBC Scotland speaking about the company that has been involved in failed bids to invest in Tranmere Rovers and Sheffield Wednesday. "

If Club 9 Sports take us over then it really is the end of Rangers as we know it.

Correct.

But blood will flow through the streets of Glasgow as the Rangers support finally realise we've been stitched up good and proper if this turns out to be the case.

Hopefully Paul Murray and Brian Kennedy still have an ace or two to play. ;)

Statement clarified BBC:US group Club 9 Sports say they will not be making a lone bid for control of Scottish Premier League side Rangers.

The administrators at the financially-troubled Ibrox outfit are expecting four or five bids for the team by the deadline of 5pm on Wednesday.

But Club 9 Sports say they were never planning to act on their own and will only be bidding as part of a consortium of representatives from the USA and the UK.

A statement from the group read: "We can confirm that representatives of Club 9 Sports have been involved with investigating, analysing and considering a potential purchase of Rangers Football Club plc on behalf of a group of interested parties from the USA and UK.

Five bids expected

"However, at no time has Club 9 Sports itself offered a bid to acquire the club. Our role has been as a member of a proposed consortium.

:anguish:

I find the timing of the statement from Club9 worrying and it seems to tie in with this one from tha administrators in The Scotsman:

David Whitehouse has confirmed that negotiations have started with the Scottish Premier League, the Scottish Football Association and Uefa in anticipation of the formation of a so-called newco Rangers should that course of action be followed by a new owner.

Humming, absolutely humming !

We don't want a newco you cunts! We want the Rangers.

This Fucking Stinks shove your Cloud 9 .

D and P seem to be in this somewhere.

Somebody tell them a Liquidated Rangers will never survive in Scotland .

Trust me it will be the End of our Club.

We are not Leeds ,and we are in Scotland not England the SPL SFA and other member Clubs will make sure we wont survive in this Country.

These Administrators dont know Football in Scotland either ,and if they sell to this lot then I am afraid its over for us.

Even if debt is Liquidated the Fact we would start again as a Newco will not work in Scotland.

It Stinks to high Heaven.