• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

out of that list of players, imo we could easily sell

Lafferty

McGregor

Whittaker

Goian

Papac (not sell but wave bye bye to the great man)

Davis

Broadfoot

Build a team around

Wallace

Aluko

Naismith

Alexander (in goals)

Bocanegra

Edu

McCulloch (up front)

i would then supplement the team will the youth players, Perry, McCabe, Ness, Kerkar (low wages), Hemmings, Little, Hutton, Cole, Mitchell

We would struggle at first but give these young guys a season or two and they would be flying, and the money made and saved from the guys we sold could very well keep us going through some tough times ahead

That doesn't look tooooo bad. Would hate to lose McGregor, but I can see Whitts and Davis going.

I really think it's imperative to hold on to Naisy though. A midfiled 4 next season of him, Edu, McCabe and Aluko would be frightening.

We could keep Little and McCulloch as strikers but I would hope they could bring someone in from the Championship to challenge, and make money selling Lafferty on.

Please don't happen. He can also do far better than West Brom if he moved to the Premiership. Would walk into any team below the top 6.

Before injury yes, after injury no-one knows. If anybody buys him they will be taking a risk.

Build a team around

Wallace

Aluko

Naismith

Alexander (in goals)

Bocanegra

Edu

McCulloch (up front)

i would then supplement the team will the youth players, Perry, McCabe, Ness, Kerkar (low wages), Hemmings, Little, Hutton, Cole, Mitchell

We would struggle at first but give these young guys a season or two and they would be flying, and the money made and saved from the guys we sold could very well keep us going through some tough times ahead

I cant see Naisy sticking about when the best players are being sold off.

In all honestly I'd probably keep the younger guys, punt the rest and start again. 1 thing for sure is that it's an absolute cunt of a job ahead for any owner and manager.

out of that list of players, imo we could easily sell

Lafferty

McGregor

Whittaker

Goian

Papac (not sell but wave bye bye to the great man)

Davis

Broadfoot

Build a team around

Wallace

Aluko

Naismith

Alexander (in goals)

Bocanegra

Edu

McCulloch (up front)

Why would we keep McCulloch he is 33/34 years old and is one of our higher earners he has done well since moving upront but he had been poor for most of his Rangers career and should be getting moved out the door at his age and wages youth is the way forward.

Why would we keep McCulloch he is 33/34 years old and is one of our higher earners he has done well since moving upront but he had been poor for most of his Rangers career and should be getting moved out the door at his age and wages youth is the way forward.

because he has previous said he would play for fuck all, i would bet quite a bit that mcculloch would reduce his wages big time to stay at our club until he retires

Would hate to lose Naismith especially to a diddy club like West Brom

Diddy club or not they can offer about £10-15k more to players than we can. They also get to play against City, Arsenal, United, Chelsea ect compared to Inverness 3 or 4 times a season.

They are no great shakes but we play in a piss poor league and are in a serious financial mess.

Not just some people, I'd say a lot of people are failing to grasp our situation even with new owners.

In the next seasons team thread that was on people had our starting 11 with McGregor, Whittaker, Boca, Goian, Papac staying another season, Davis, Edu, Naismith, Lafferty, McCulloch, Aluko and a couple of new signings for the starting 11 and squad.

The new owner is going to have a rough 1st couple of years ahead IMO, hopefully most fans come round to understanding what needs to be done and that it wont happen overnight.

Good post.

A lot of people are going to be in for a rough wake up call in the next few months.