Fan Boycotts

scottyc06

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the SPL sanctions be put in place, would you Boycott away fixtures

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The proposed regulations represent little more than institutional daylight robbery aimed at crippling Rangers, surely there is no alternative other than to give the ticket money to our club instead, in order to replace what they would deprive us of.

Fans should still travel though: to protest outside the lairs of the guilty clubs and silent collaborators. Of course this should not be misinterpreted as an attempt to hurt other clubs by raising the cost of policing matches - that just wouldn't be proper, now would it?

I stopped going to away games years ago due to the attitude and treatment from some of the clubs. Also the marking up prices imposed on old firm fans is scandelous,total rip off. Not only that,the fans arent considered by League and TV when asked to travel in sometimes dangerous conditions to Inverness/Aberdeen for a 12:45 kick off on a freezing winter morning.

Most of the away games are on tv nowadays,so why dont fans go up to the stadiums and have a protest outside the ground attracting local/national media coverage then head to the local pubs for the game on tv.Gers fans get there day out,the local economy doesnt suffer and it also makes the point that the fans are willing to follow their team but wont give the clubs any of their money. That'll also insure that a police presence will be required,putting added pressure onto the clubs financially and politically.

Only thing the boycott may do is cause a reaction from the wee clubs fans and they may actually start attending games again as a type of counter reaction.

They'll have to - if rumours are to be believed, a few of them are treading on thin ice financially & the prospect of losing what could ultimately amount to a couple of million quid per year could properly fuck them.

The point about fans travelling to protest outside matches is interesting, however I reckon it would be painted in a bad light in the media, they'd be running the stories of how, despite not attending away games, Rangers fans still travelled to cause trouble & sing songs of hate etc. etc. blah blah - sad but true.

Mate of mine's a Killie fan & was bleating on FB about how Rangers fans boycotting away games would be great as they would be able to go to games without fear, not have to listen to terrible songs & the stadium wouldn't be trashed, shite like that - I said it wouldn't matter as much to them as they'd evict their own fans to bow to the tims 4 times per season for a shiny penny, which might make up some of the shortfall. :sherlock: Seriously want this boycott to go ahead - I personally don't go to away matches & would understand that some die-hards will still want to go & support the team, wherever we play - which is entirely understandable & i'd support their right to do so - but i'd love for some of these teams to be forced into the realization that we (&the tims i regret to say) pay through the nose to keep their shitey, half - arsed outfits afloat.

:crabflute: