Fan Boycotts

scottyc06

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the SPL sanctions be put in place, would you Boycott away fixtures

Having been against any form of boycott for the last couple of years, I am now having a change of heart! I have always been of the view that our team needs us more than we need to make a point to other clubs!

However, should these teams vote for the new sanctions, knowing full well it is us they are going to be effecting then I think it's time to step up our game! With these new sanctions we wouldn't be given a chance in hell of gaining anything for up to 3 years!

Would you be willing to boycott ALL away SPL games, that includes Celtic!

I am gonna start with voting Yes! Enough is enough! This organisation needs to learn the importance of Rangers to it's mere survival, never mind it's prosperity!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a catch 22, you want to support your team when playing away but also want to restrict these clubs of what is a vital income revenue to them.

I may cancel whatever tickets in get for the split away games.

I am seriously thinking about boycotts even if it does not go through, to even think about punishments like this is enough for me to see what these clubs are.

Let's see the fuckers survive without our away support.

Aye same mate! And I'm thinking the first game against Dundee Utd next year would be a perfect opportunity! They, more than most, need a reality shock! The problem with this is you will never get a 100% agreement and because fans can get tickets directly it's harder to impose! Though I would say that if we got at least 50% not going then they would defiantly feel the effects!

Its a catch 22, you want to support your team when playing away but also want to restrict these clubs of what is a vital income revenue to them.

Yeah, it is about weighing it up. If ever there was a time to make the sacrifice it would be now. I am sure the team would understand why the fans were doing it. We can also focus all our energy into games at Ibrox to show our support. Sometimes doing the hard thing is the right thing.

Would it be possible to get official support on this from the RST etc before they vote? Surely then we can force their hand, they will shit themselves if they know we will boycott their grounds.

This is our club we are talking about and I'm sure the players would understand this.

Don't think we could expect all fans to stay away .wouldnt hurt beggars and I'm not sure I could stay away but I certainly think by not spending any money on programmes,food , drink hurts them so maybe we could all do something here

I was the same,didn't think I would be able to stay away but when you actually think about it.. Missing a few games to put our club back on the front foot? Not speniding money in the grounds won't have the same effect, also do these clubs do the same as Rangers and use outside catering!

Think about this aswell, if your bus wasn't going and you were going to sit in amongst 200 fans, would you stil have the same 'I can't stay away' feeling?

I think now is without doubt the correct time.

It is beyond me how these "club's" can actually survive without us, or C*ltic for that matter.

So yes, I think boycotts should be considered to help them see what the effects would be. The club should be informed of the plans as well, perhaps to let our players know?, and so people don't think we're letting the Club down.

I honestly hate Scottish football and everything that surrounds Rangers in it. Lost a great amount of respect for many 00000041.gif

That sounds great bud, but you know there are hundreds of bears out there that haven't missed a game for umpteen years. Maybe now is the time for them to take stock (tu)

I agree , never missed an away game for donkeys years, but the last years have hardly been to one for various reasons. But this si about the club and i personally can think of no better way in which to support the club than by hurting these bastards.

This is a vindictive move, no matter what they may say. I would love who ever bys the club to tell them to go fuck themselves and see the snowball effect that would have on them.

Just waiting now for that rhodent o'regan coming out with something from sfa.

i don't want to piss in anybody's cornflakes here, but we need to do away with the "we don't do walking away" slogan if we par take in this.

I wouldn't see this as walking away, rather taking a step forward to put OUR club in the driving seat!

I have always been reticent about the issue of boycotts, but having read the proposed SPL scantions today, I no longer have any hesitation in stating my support for a boycott of all of the SPL clubs that vote in favour on 30th April.

how about a 50,000 fan protest at hampden against Regean/liarwell & and the SFA?

With all fairness to your suggestion, a protest wouldn't have the same effect as a boycott! Hitting these guys in the pockets is where it would hurt most AND show what effect Rangers have on the SPL!