Resign from this league and register ourselves in the English set up

GOAT

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never going to happen unfortunely, English don't want us and there is no Atlantic league.

It's Scotland or nothing I am afraid.

Nothing can stop us registering ourselves in the English set up.

I do think the time has come for this. I reckon the novelty of this would keep the interest and crowds up as we move up the leagues, and frankly it would absolutely obviously be for the best long term.

If we could, we would but we cant

We can, nobody can stop a club registering for membership for their system, the problem these clubs had in the past is us junpin straight into the premiership.

Who would buy us if we were a non league english club, lets think about this....

At the lowest level we would need no more cash than our season books, and the ability for an owner to sell out when we get to the Championship would be far greater.

The problem with this idea was that us fans didn't want to wait 4 or 5 years tI get to the premiership and the English didn't want us skipping 80 odd teams. I don't think they would have a problem with us starting from the bottom.

We would give conference, league 2 and league 1 sides a cash injection with a sold out stadium aswell as giving their fans a day out to Glasgow, which would be enjoyable for them. If we as fans can accept this, which based on what's happening with the SFA just now I think we would, then now could be the time for this.

We would rocket through the leagues up to the championship before seeing any struggle and even at that, we would be superior financially to the championship clubs so I don't think it would take more than 2 attempts to get up.

Who would buy us if we were a non league english club, lets think about this....

I reckon plenty of people would be looking at us, due simply to the fact we'd have a bright future down there instead of slowly dying like the rest of Scottish football up here.

Why cant people understand we wouldn't be a non-league club for more than a year or two!

Speaking as primerally being a Hull City fan we would love Rangers in our league, no chance for the Timmy's though as their sectarian chants would just create mayhem. Can you imagine Celtic v Millwall on poppy day and they disrespect our brave troops !!!!!

Come on down boys the waters lovely, the banters is ace and when you play us Mighty Tigers we can meet in the King William real ale house opposite the gold statue of the great man himself.

As Capt Picard says....."make it so"

Denny

lol, will they fuck, you think that some wee english team is going to be thilled because we took their spot they rightfully earned? get real

I don't think people realise how the English system works.

Hypophetically, a junior team could one day be English champions, can that be said about Scotland? Division 3 up here is closed and the bottom team can't be relegated, that's not the case in England. I don't care where we start but I guarantee you something we will be in the championship before we start to get a proper challenge of any kind.