Aberdeen 1329000

Hibernian 9680000

Hearts 8184000

Dundee 770000

Dundee Utd 5553000

Kilmarnock 3124000

---------------------------

Total 30224000

Transfers since 1987, doesn't include undisclosed transfers which would add to it.

Wonder what gate receipts would be if included

They call the money dirty, well they had no fucking problem taking it

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/attendance/_/league/sco.1/scottish-premier-league?cc=5739

this season,

Celtic avg attendance: 49,000

Rangers avg attendance: 46,000

selected others:

Hearts: 13,000 (3rd highest)

Aberdeen: 9,000

St. Johnstone: 4,000

Motherwell: 5,000

From England League one (3rd tier)

Sheffield Wednesday: 20,000

Sheffield United: 18,000

Charlton: 16,000

Huddersfield: 14,000

From English League Two (FOURTH TIER) (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/attendance/_/league/eng.4/english-league-two?cc=5739)

Bradford City: 10,000

Swindon: 8,000

Oxford united : 7,000

Plymouth Argyle: 6,000

THE TEAM THAT IS CURRENTLY SITTING IN 3RD PLACE IN THE SPL, HAS A WORSE AVERAGE ATTENDANCE THAN FIVE TEAMS IN ENGLANDS 4TH TIER, LEAGUE TWO.

even with a strong Rangers, the SPL is a fucking sinking ship.

I think you meant 5 teams in the third tier but point taken.

The SPL has no sponsor in place for next season. The Sky deal has not been signed...

Lets see how they get on without that and Rangers.

My guess - at least two teams in administration before the end of the season. Hearts and Killie maybe?..

The SPL has no sponsor in place for next season. The Sky deal has not been signed...

My guess - at least two teams in administration before the end of the season. Hearts and Killie maybe?..

Fourth tier (tu)

no it is the 4th tier BA.

premiership

championship

div one

div two

then the conference.

where does the SPL rank up with that?

it's like 2 prem clubs (the OF),

mixed in with a couple of small championship sides (hearts, aberdeen) and then clubs that are more suited the 4th tier of english football than a league that has Rangers in it.

we simple can't grow in this set-up, it's too small. With or without Rangers, it's been in decline for years. Sandy Jardine spoke of those in an interview recently. The presure for us to succeed in europe is huge, because it's the only chance we have of generating the sort of income a club of our size needs.

no it is the 4th tier BA.

premiership

championship

div one

div two

then the conference.

where does the SPL rank up with that?

it's like 2 prem clubs (the OF),

mixed in with a couple of small championship sides (hearts, aberdeen) and then clubs that are more suited the 4th tier of english football than a league that has Rangers in it.

we simple can't grow in this set-up, it's too small. With or without Rangers, it's been in decline for years. Sandy Jardine spoke of those in an interview recently. The presure for us to succeed in europe is huge, because it's the only chance we have of generating the sort of income a club of our size needs.

I agree. There's just no money in Scottish football. We basically live on season ticket sales and any money genrated from Europe. There's no way, even with the amount of ST holders we have, we can compete with even the Championship clubs due to the added TV income. How much TV money does a club get for finishing first? about £2m? Thats ludicrous. (although £80m looks good on paper..... before it starts getting divided by 12 and again by 5)

The fourth tier is league 2.

None of those clubs mentioned have a higher average attendance than Scotlands third best team. (Hearts)

But League 1 (the 3rd tier) does.

We're going way off track here anyway, lol.

when i said the 3rd best team, i was talking about Motherwell, as they are 3rd in the league table.

so the point is, that a team who are considered to be the best team in scotland this season outside of the old firm, can't even post better attendances figures than FIVE league 2 sides in england is a measure of football in this country.

as for your poitn about prize money, i think we get 800k for 2nd, so i think 1st is about 1m.

would be interesting to compare that to championship prize money. Although, if you win the Championship you get the riches of the EPL, so its the big time jackpot.

when i said the 3rd best team, i was talking about Motherwell, as they are 3rd in the league table.

so the point is, that a team who are considered to be the best team in scotland this season outside of the old firm, can't even post better attendances figures than FIVE league 2 sides in england is a measure of football in this country.

as for your poitn about prize money, i think we get 800k for 2nd, so i think 1st is about 1m.

would be interesting to compare that to championship prize money. Although, if you win the Championship you get the riches of the EPL, so its the big time jackpot.

My mistake, i thought you meant the Scottish team with the third highest attendance average (Hearts), not the Scottish team currently sitting 3rd in the SPL. (Motherwell)

Not to worry, problem solved, lol. I know what you mean now. :-)

Dont know how much Championship clubs get but its apparently the 5th most watched league in the world. That must earn them a few quid.

Wonder what the punishment for thew will be.

When this is all over and we eventually get back onto an even keel i would love to see Rangers employ a transfer policy of NOT buying from any Scottish team.

We'd need an unbelievably good youth system in place first!

I suppose the point is it would take 3 years to get back to the SPL, and it would take 7 years minimum to get to the Premiership.

1 Northern Premier North

2 Northern Premier

3 Conference North

4 Conference

5 League 2

6 League 1

7 Championship

BUT, by the time we reached League 2, we'd arguably be in a more lucrative and secure situation than the SPL...

That's IF the FA were okay with it. Which they very well might not be.

My mistake, i thought you meant the Scottish team with the third highest attendance average (Hearts), not the Scottish team currently sitting 3rd in the SPL. (Motherwell)

Not to worry, problem solved, lol. I know what you mean now. :-)

Dont know how much Championship clubs get but its apparently the 5th most watched league in the world. That must earn them a few quid.

God knows why, it's route 1 constantly. Dire football.

I suppose the point is it would take 3 years to get back to the SPL, and it would take 7 years minimum to get to the Premiership.

1 Northern Premier North

2 Northern Premier

3 Conference North

4 Conference

5 League 2

6 League 1

7 Championship

BUT, by the time we reached League 2, we'd arguably be in a more lucrative and secure situation than the SPL...

That's IF the FA were okay with it. Which they very well might not be.

We wouldn't be in a more lucrative situation in terms of tv money and income, although the English cups would help and the opportunity for a rich owner to be bothered about taking us over because we'd be on the way to the Prem.

Tv money we get from the SPL is equal to the Championship if not better, minus the teams who make the play off's.

I agree. There's just no money in Scottish football. We basically live on season ticket sales and any money genrated from Europe. There's no way, even with the amount of ST holders we have, we can compete with even the Championship clubs due to the added TV income. How much TV money does a club get for finishing first? about £2m? Thats ludicrous. (although £80m looks good on paper..... before it starts getting divided by 12 and again by 5)

We get more tv money than Championship teams, except for the ones who go through the play off's. It's the non OF teams who get less than Championship teams. The only advantage the Championship has over us is that it is the gateway to the Prem so they splash out on that goal.

Or parachute payments from the Premiership. Our turnover in a season without Euro football is about £35m, no Championship club is near that except possibly West Ham? Because of London prices? Will be interesting to see their accounts for this season. They'll have made HUGE losses.

Someone said it would take at least 7 years to get to where we want to be, I tell you what though....I guarantee you those 7 years would probably be some of the best of your Rangers supporting lives. 5,6,7,8 hr bus journeys full of the bevvy to follow the Rangers. Give me some of that.

Scottish football needs to be ripped apart and rebuilt. We all know that to be true.

If the clubs had any sense they would be using our plight as the catalyst to tear up the whole shitty system and replace it with something sustainable. Unfortunately they are only interested in sticking the knives in whilst we are on the ground. In the long run they will suffer worse than us.