Aluko ready to say put

SONE ALUKO has hinted he could stay at Rangers.

The Nigerian international is out of contract in the summer and was expected to quit the crisis club.

Aluko, who part-funded his own deal when he moved to Ibrox last year, has been linked with moves to Spanish sides Rayo Vallacano and Espanyol.

But he said: "I have only been here a short time, but the club means so much to me. I don't think you can play for Rangers and feel any other way.

"There's a romantic element attached to playing for Rangers and it's not something I would ever take for granted.

"The fans have been good to me and I'd love to be able to come back next season and challenge for silverware.

"It's not easy for players to find new clubs. Perhaps there is an assumption that it is.

"We have taken a massive wage cut to be here. How many people would take a 75 per cent cut in their wages?

"But football is a competitive sport and there's a lot of good players out there.

"It's not as simple as just walking into another club. I know that from last season."

Should he remain at Gers, Aluko could be playing Third Division football next season.

But he insists he's settled at Ibrox and added: "I'm just concentrating on my football. It's been going well.

"I haven't spoken to anyone, so I don't know where the stories are coming from.

"Every top player at this club gets linked with a move. Nikica Jelavic was linked with a different club every day.

"If you are drawing attention it's a sign you're playing well.

"It's not something that worries me.

"Even last summer when I didn't have a club I wasn't worried.

"I wanted back into football, but I wasn't panicked into making a decision.

"Of course I'd rather play SPL football as opposed to elsewhere in Scotland, but that's not something I've had to consider as yet.

"People are talking but no decisions have been made."

Read more: http://www.thescotti...l#ixzz1tfBN7Hlz

He speaks sensibly and is a cracking wee player who with a bit more belief will get even better.

Keeping Aluko might not be priority one however I hope if the dust ever settles he is still a Ranger.

Hope he stays he's a fantastic player who may well become a key player for us. Having said that with Naismith back one or the other will be missing out on the position they've shown their best form in. Personally I think it will be Sone who will move to left mid however I'd rather it was Naisy who was moved up front but all depends if we can keep both anyway.