Rangers Retire Shirt No 12

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This may not go down to well, but retiring the shirt seems a bit silly to me. After all, surely no one is suggesting that the fans have now retired? Maybe better to just announce that the number would not be used as a gesture identifying the fans as the twelfth man?

You dont uderstand the concept of a retired shirt.

Years from now when Rangers are back where we belong our children’s children will ask why no bear wears the number 12 and the story will be told of how each and ever one of us stood by our club in its darkest day to show support like no other club has or will experience in times of hardship.

More than a club.

79919_crop_340x234.jpg

I got shivers reading this mate. rep'd.

I will be sporting the number 12 on the back of my Rangers home shirt next season. Was going to get "9 McCoist", but I think this will send a clear message out if we all do it.

This may not go down to well, but retiring the shirt seems a bit silly to me. After all, surely no one is suggesting that the fans have now retired? Maybe better to just announce that the number would not be used as a gesture identifying the fans as the twelfth man?

That IS what retiring a shirt is <cr>

Nobody (except maybe his son) will ever wear the number 3 shirt at Milan except Paolo Maldini, because he IS the Milan #3. No Rangers player will ever wear the number 12, because that is dedicated to the fans.

That IS what retiring a shirt is <cr>

Nobody (except maybe his son) will ever wear the number 3 shirt at Milan except Paolo Maldini, because he IS the Milan #3. No Rangers player will ever wear the number 12, because that is dedicated to the fans.

Same with Aldair and the no. 6 shirt at Roma.

Another thread on here was suggesting we all do something as way of a gesture (jelly and ice-cream thing and all that)

We could ALL turn up for the First game ALL wearing that number 12 and we set up certain times during the match to all turn around .... showing off the Nuber 12's :clap::21::21::21::uk::clap:

You're not one of us - so who gives a fuck if you think it's 'a bit silly'?

Same with Aldair and the no. 6 shirt at Roma.

Baresi at Milan as well. Retiring shirts in football isn't a common thing, it's seen more in American sports.

But what a fantastic gesture by the club :praise: