Green 'not confident' over CVA

Mckay

New Rangers owner Charles Green admits he is 'not confident' of achieving a company voluntary agreement (CVA) that would preserve the history of the club.

Gers' administrators confirmed on Sunday an offer made to buy the financially-stricken club by Green's consortium had been accepted.

The former Sheffield United chief executive has made it clear a CVA is the consortium's preferred route out of administration rather than restructure the company and create a newco, with £8.5million in the pot for the club's creditors.

But Green, who claimed he was "mad" to buy the troubled club, admits HMRC and Ticketus are not certain to vote the agreement through.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/7755676/Green-not-confident-over-CVA Read more....

This kind of reporting makes me bloody angry, that is not what he said on the Interview yesterday it is the usual Scottish press trying to put a downer on everything to do with Rangers, thank feck I live in England now as Scotland is now in the top 10 of countries in the world run by a dictatorship and lying press.

Any quotes?

Aye, here's the quote... Nothing like the way it's being reported here!

He said: “No, we can’t be confident. The major creditors, as everyone knows, are HMRC and Ticketus.

“Who could have imagined that Chelsea would beat Barcelona home and away? No one.

“On the same basis, we can’t assume that HMRC and Ticketus are going to vote it through.”

Sensationalist pish.

Although he did say that he wasn't "confident" (i.e. he doesn't think it's a foregone conclusion), it's clear that both he and David Whitehouse are optimistic a CVA can be agreed.

what did he say?

GS, in that press conference he spoke about the rationale of creditors accepting a CVA, in particular about the HMRC, and he said it made sense for them to accept a CVA; they asked was he confident of that, and he said no, in the sense he wasn't hanging his hat on it.

Sounds like he's not counting his chickens and giving false hope. A CVA is possible but we shouldn't be expecting it. He wants us in Europe to maximise income so he will try his hardest to ensure we are only out of Europe for one season.

GS, in that press conference he spoke about the rationale of creditors accepting a CVA, in particular about the HMRC, and he said it made sense for them to accept a CVA; they asked was he confident of that, and he said no, in the sense he wasn't hanging his hat on it.

I can't see us not getting a cva.

YAWN

The closer to the source you get your information from, the more accurate the information you receive will be.

Why anyone would listen to SSN or the pathetic newspapers when we have a full news conference which is readily available - I do not know.

Does the club mean so little to some fans that they have to have everything summed up in little sound bites in pathetic articles?

My advice - listen to the source, make a decision and move on.

Listening to the actual press conference made me feel quite confident about our future, so if the articles written by the press put such a slant on what was actually said as to undermine my previous opinion on the whole thing, it goes to show how pathetically inaccurate the reporting is.

Therefore, why should we trust them with any other "information"?

Not to be trusted - move on.

Any quotes?

He told the Daily Record: "No, we can't be confident. The major creditors, as everyone knows, are HMRC and Ticketus.

"Who could have imagined that Chelsea would beat Barcelona home and away? No one.

"On the same basis, we can't assume that HMRC and Ticketus are going to vote it through."

YAWN

The closer to the source you get your information from, the more accurate the information you receive will be.

Why anyone would listen to SSN or the pathetic newspapers when we have a full news conference which is readily available - I do not know.

Does the club mean so little to some fans that they have to have everything summed up in little sound bites in pathetic articles?

My advice - listen to the source, make a decision and move on.

Listening to the actual press conference made me feel quite confident about our future, so if the articles written by the press put such a slant on what was actually said as to undermine my previous opinion on the whole thing, it goes to show how pathetically inaccurate the reporting is.

Therefore, why should we trust them with any other "information"?

Not to be trusted - move on.

That ignorance you sum up is exactly the same ignorance the media play on. Media and politics if very similar in that respect.