Who else is against a move to England?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Rangers would be fine in Manchester, believe me no one likes us down there.

Your taking the piss aren't you? I've never met anyone here who hates us due to the UEFA cup final, no one really mentions it and realise it was a minority of the fans that caused the trouble, most people can't believe how many fans we brought down and enjoyed the day themselves. Truth is no one here really cares about Rangers or the Tims, they may have a small preference for either but don't really follow the SPL in general. There's also a fair few people I've spoke to who are still pissed off at the Tims fighting with Man City fans at one of their FRIENDLY games largely down to their Pro IRA singing and mocking the fact that the IRA bombed Manchester.

What a lot of pish.

We would thrive down there.

The leagues we play in - let's say the conference for starters - would be enriched with our presence (The Club, it's history, it's successes and its SUPPORT.

Unbelievable to think there are those amongst us that refuse to see that.

We couldn't compete?

Take a look at Blackpool.

Made the EPL two seasons ago...playoff final again.

Compare their fan-base to ours.

Compare their turnover (pre-EPL) to ours...

Even now, check their wages and yearly expenditure...

WE SPEND MORE!

AND GET LESS!

Our wages dwarf them!

That's a team one game (again) from the Premiership.

So we couldn't compete?

Bullshit.

I agree to a point.

But if Sky demanded an 18 team league for example... it would happen. Certain clubs are in massive debt down south and if Sky pulled the plug they would be fecked.

Sky, however, could survive without EPL footy.

I'd say its about 60/40 when it comes to power in favour of Sky.

If NTL was still around or Sky had any form of competitor bar Freeview, lol, then the EPL would have more leverage.

Sky is still heavily reliant on the EPL, hence why it continues to cough over the readies, even though exclusivity has gone. And ESPN is a slightly more serious competitor than NTL ever was ... ESPN is part of the mammoth Disney empire. The biggest threat to the EPL actually comes from its constituent clubs, especially the larger clubs. Real Madrid and Barcelona make significantly greater domestic television revenues because they sell their own rights instead of being on a "league package".

England.

Ain't that the truth :sherlock: and I'm not even talking clubs.....I'm talking supporters.

We have a huge English contingent (mainly Northern English) where I live due to them coming over and working in the coal mines,so i did a snap poll to get their feelings on Rangers playing in the English leagues some day. To say the feeling was rather lukewarm, would be understating things big time :anguish:

It didn't really surprise me though that my "poll" came out about 95% against,so on that balance I'd have to say your comment isn't far off the mark.