Fans to rename stadium

Lincoln City are holding a prize draw with the winner to be able to rename their stadium or keep it as it is;a fantastic way to raise money, should we do something similar either for Ibrox or Murray Park?

Lincoln City have offered supporters the chance to rename the club's Sincil Bank stadium for £50 as they aim to boost the club's finances.

Fans can enter a prize draw and the winner will receive a package worth over £50,000, including naming rights.

Use accessible player and disable flyout menus

All money raised from the draw will go towards boss David Holdsworth's squad.

"It's an opportunity for supporters and businesses to make a significant difference," Imps chief executive Steve Prescott told BBC Radio Lincolnshire.

"The whole point of this is to raise extra money," he added.

"We've been looking at several different innovative ways to raise money to increase the budget so David can put together the strongest possible squad."

Holdsworth, who guided the Imps to 17th in the Blue Square Bet Premier table, revealed last month he was worried about losing some of the club's leading players because of uncertainty about their finances.

Prescott is hopeful of raising a significant amount of money from the draw, which closes on 27 July at 12:00 BST.

SINCIL BANK

Home of Lincoln City since 1895

Capacity of 10,130

Bought from council in 2000

Average 2011-12 attendance: 2,347

"If we sell 1,000 tickets, and I'm quite confident that we can - and hopefully more, we'll raise in the region of £50,000," he said.

"If an individual wins, it might be a really nice way to commemorate a loved one.

"It might appeal to some supporters who actually don't want to change the name and want to keep it as Sincil Bank. If they buy a ticket and win, they've got an option to leave the stadium name as it is," he added.

If we lived in a country that was not full of malicious wee arseholes I for one would not have a problem renaming our stadium as we the fans who go would always refer to it as Ibrox anyway.

But alas can you imagine the mhanky mob with their well funded green brigade (drug money, me thinks) joining in and actually winning!

Fuxsake just writing it makes the boak rise.

A worldwide company paying millions for a set amount of years is the way to go if this ever took off, but we don't have a PR. Team worth a f**k that gets us media coverage in our own country let alone worldwide so where is the benefit for would be sponsors.

I know this sounded gloomy but it really was'nt meant to when I started writing it so well done and good luck Lincoln City.

WATP.

Now we are playing the Reservoir Dogs game with Mr. Green on board. We should approach Mr. Orange and his phone company about stadium sponsorship.

Ibrox becomes The Ibrox Orange Stadium

MP becomes the 'Craig Whyte Memorial Park' --- sooner the better. :rip::peanut:

ok i know we are in deep financial shit at the moment but come to fuck!!Ibrox is Ibrox and that should never be sold off-not for all the money in the world!just a possible sponsored name change here-the umbro arena-fuck right off!!Murray park on the other hand is a different matter,think most fans would go for that one! (tu)