Time for supporters' groups to publicly state boycott against St Johnstone

While I've never exactly loved any other team I can't say I've ever considered them huge enemies apart from Celtic and Aberdeen, even then I was happy enough for them to exist because the chance to beat them is enjoyable.

I agree with you there, my friend. (tu)

But the pure vitriol, delight, and total lack of empathy over our situation from these clubs has changed my stance considerably.

And there (tu)

I'd love to see all these teams go bust, and I don't generally consider myself a resentful or vengeful person. If boycotts could at least put some of them at risk then I believe it would be worth it.

I would certainly like to see those clubs, whose envy has evolved into vindictiveness and outright hatred, experience some serious degree of financial hardship. When Dundee, Motherwell, etc., were in a similar situation to ourselves, I never once wished ill on any of these clubs. I still wouldn't like any of them to fold entirely as the Scottish game needs competition.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry did not know that was your stance.

Respect it though so cheers for the answer.

Status quo for you then and hope it all blows over so we can get back to normal and forget what all the backstabbers said.

I can understand the old do the talking with your feet and fuck them all on the pitch which I am assuming is your take on the situation.

Do you believe that is enough punishment because we have been fucking them on the pitch for years so what is the difference?

What difference should there be? We are The Rangers and we have been in a worse place than this, before recovering. I see no reason why we can't do so again, no matter what is put in front of us.

What difference should there be? We are The Rangers and we have been in a worse place than this, before recovering. I see no reason why we can't do so again, no matter what is put in front of us.

A worse place than this.

I am 44 and cannot remember that, care to enlighten me please

A worse place than this.

Early eighties when we were fighting the likes of St.Mirren and Dundee for fourth or fifth spot and struggling to get crowds of 20,000.

Early eighties when we were fighting the likes of St.Mirren and Dundee for fourth or fifth spot and struggling to get crowds of 20,000.

Yes remember it well but club was not on its uppers as it is now.

I went all the time back then and you know something, I preferred going to a game not really knowing if we would win or not.

No money then but not as bad as now and we also had some better players then to, imho

Only some, mind :happy:

I care not a jot about Motherwell or Dundee or any other team, but have a wee look into the case of Airdrieonians before you continue with the holier than thou theme. You must not have been around when the tarriers were in the shite either.

Celtic given the rivalry is a special case, and indeed, I was only two at the time, but I still doubt it was the same as it's been this way round.

Only takes a brief read of their forums, they care as much if not more about us dying than them winning a trophy, a fairly regular title winning season where they bombed out in both cups and did little in Europe is one of the best ever because of our troubles. Even heard it being called the greatest since 1967 and a modern day Lisbon Lions triumph, whatever obsessions our fan base may also have there's no way we'd be comparing legendary times in our history to another football club being down financially.

Airdrieonians, I remember David Murray being an arse which was fairly common practice, but not Rangers fans and the club as a whole kicking them while they were down.

he didnt say he would vote against us remaining in the SPL >>>>>> he just wants some sanctions and he will vote for us being in it.

I wish some people would read the whole article.

he didnt say he would vote against us remaining in the SPL >>>>>> he just wants some sanctions and he will vote for us being in it.

I wish some people would read the whole article.

The thread is about boycotting St Johnstone games in Perth. To be effective we would need to be in the same division (SPL)!! <cr>

The thread is about boycotting St Johnstone games in Perth. To be effective we would need to be in the same division (SPL)!! <cr>

I know that, HE will vote us in with a few sanctions, fucking better than voting us out.

Supporting the team to a league win would hit them where it hurts, but you stand outside on your silent picket line. That'll show them!

I have to say, as much as i see the logic behind takin a stance against these clubs, i agree with your point. Robbing any team, no matter how good or bad we are next season, of the best travelling away support in the country will harm the team more than anyone else. Standing outside singing would be useless. I totally understand the view and thought behind a boycott, and i dont go to many away games now so it wouldnt have too much of an effect on me personally, but even if im not there, i fuckin love hearing our fans outsinging everyone else. Id miss that alone. Ive no doubt in my mind that the players would be the same. And like casey says, we support Rangers.

I know that, HE will vote us in with a few sanctions, fucking better than voting us out.

But the additional sanctions could be punitive and totally without precedent. Why does he feel the need to vote for additional and totally new sanctions? RFC has been punished enough and more than any previous case of a club in this predicament. One significant difference is that RFC has been put in the position due to possible criminal acts by Whyte and or Withey in what now appears to have been a carefully premeditated plan. There has been no cognisance taken of that aspect by the SPL clubs or SFA to date.

I have to say, as much as i see the logic behind takin a stance against these clubs, i agree with your point. Robbing any team, no matter how good or bad we are next season, of the best travelling away support in the country will harm the team more than anyone else. Standing outside singing would be useless. I totally understand the view and thought behind a boycott, and i dont go to many away games now so it wouldnt have too much of an effect on me personally, but even if im not there, i fuckin love hearing our fans outsinging everyone else. Id miss that alone. Ive no doubt in my mind that the players would be the same. And like casey says, we support Rangers.

I love following Rangers home and away. It's murder when I don't get a ticket (actually tickets for myself and my family) for away games but in such a case as this, I will forego my own pleasure to try to ensure the future well-being of the Club. I'm not advocating a boycott for my own pleasure or reasons, I simply want to prevent the SPL and SFA from adding sanction after sanction. I have no doubt that if we ignore such comments without counter-threatening with our own sanctions, then the SPL and SFA will hit us even harder. The EBT case is still to be completed and should that go against us it is likely to bring further agony to us from both SPL and SFA. To my mind, apathy and acquiescence will only let our enemies inflict further unfair punishment on RFC.

I love following Rangers home and away. It's murder when I don't get a ticket (actually tickets for myself and my family) for away games but in such a case as this, I will forego my own pleasure to try to ensure the future well-being of the Club. I'm not advocating a boycott for my own pleasure or reasons, I simply want to prevent the SPL and SFA from adding sanction after sanction. I have no doubt that if we ignore such comments without counter-threatening with our own sanctions, then the SPL and SFA will hit us even harder. The EBT case is still to be completed and should that go against us it is likely to bring further agony to us from both SPL and SFA. To my mind, apathy and acquiescence will only let our enemies inflict further unfair punishment on RFC.

I think this is the case they will push it as far as they can and as far as we let them ... basically we have to show them there will be consequencesto their actions

I don't believe that you are naive enough to think that there wouldn't be abuse shouted, or worse, if there was a picket line, even if it was a silent one! <cr>

Shockeroonie.....Football fans in silent picket line boycott :rolleyes:

Marcel Marceau Loyal :uk:

A worse place than this.

I'm just a sprightly 43 so you old boys may recall things a little differently, but I really don't remember the period you are speaking about being worse than where we are today. Back then, we were utter gash, but that was about the football. This isn't about the football. Its gone beyond that. Its now an orchestrated attack on our clubs very existence.

I don't see any contradiction in those two replies.

One was asking me to reveal a masterplan for the support to follow, the other was stating the support follow follow because of the football.

I guess its all about perception. Thats how I percieved it. No harm done, its good to laugh.

I found this a strange one as I know that steve browns son is a big rangers fan, I used to drink in steve browns local and a lot of the people he drinks with are rangers fans, a couple of them were season Ticket holders so I thought he would of voted in favour of us. Im in favour of a boycott and id happily go upto the game with a few of my mates a clap when the team bus arrives to show that we are still there to support the team but not willing to give the other teams our money.

St Johnston fans have turned into a mini aberdeen with their hatred of all things Rangers. Boycott their wee stadium and make their dreams come true. Horrible inbred small town mentality supporters.

I'm just a sprightly 43 so you old boys may recall things a little differently, but I really don't remember the period you are speaking about being worse than where we are today. Back then, we were utter gash, but that was about the football. This isn't about the football. Its gone beyond that. Its now an orchestrated attack on our clubs very existence.

Have to agree with you WVB, we have had bad spells as a club when we have been poor and won no titles for years. And yes we had some poor crowds, but our club has never been on our knees and been close to going out of business. How anyone can say that we have been in a worse position is deluded when the survival of our club is at stake.

This is the worst time imo but i believe we will come out of it stronger and more united than any other time in Rangers history.

The concern and action shown by the fans bodes well for the future.

The average fan will now be more inquisitive about boardroom level than ever before.

Which in turn makes it a lot harder for someone to fuck up at that level (hopefully).

We have taken a hit but we will strike back and ensure that this type of situation NEVER happens again.

St Johnston fans have turned into a mini aberdeen with their hatred of all things Rangers. Boycott their wee stadium and make their dreams come true. Horrible inbred small town mentality supporters.

it's not just a rangers hatred, it's the both Glasgow clubs and nothing else, we ain't a special case all of a sudden.

Perth actually has quite a big rangers following mate and the queen made us a city this year

My whole street on my side ate all bears, union jacks on the garden sheds, I'd go as far as say more bears than saints fans in this pkace

Perth actually has quite a big rangers following mate and the queen made us a city this year

Parents lived in Perth for a couple of years and I always liked the place and unlike Aberdeen never felt I was risking life and limb being out in public wearing a Rangers top. Our hatred should be directed at this chairman not our newest city.

I really find this hard to believe, this man must have seen the last game of the seasons with Rangers fans filling 2 stands and St Johnstons half empty stands, some people in this business are just trying to lose money by the looks of things.