Argentina v brazil

Indeed. To be honest, I don't think Messi was at his best for much of the season. The goal tally is staggering, scarcely believable and, ultimately, meaningless. I'm sure he'd rather have scored five and helped them win the league and champions league.

That's right it's scoring the vital goals at the right time that really makes the difference.

Indeed. To be honest, I don't think Messi was at his best for much of the season. The goal tally is staggering, scarcely believable and, ultimately, meaningless. I'm sure he'd rather have scored five and helped them win the league and champions league.

To be honest mate, I really doubt that. All footballers strive to be the best they can be. He will now go down in history with that tally, whereas 5 goals would be a personal low for him.

If you were to offer him 50 goals, then the answer might be different.

To be honest mate, I really doubt that. All footballers strive to be the best they can be. He will now go down in history with that tally, whereas 5 goals would be a personal low for him.

If you were to offer him 50 goals, then the answer might be different.

I'm sure if he played incredibly and set up tons of goals which led to trophy wins, he wouldn't care very much.

"I'm not sure if this was my best season. I would have liked to have won more titles with Barcelona than achieve individual records."

Sure, his statistical achievements this season are unbelievable. There are really no words to describe them. I'm sure he would much rather have achieved this personal peak during any of his other more successful seasons though.

I'm sure if he played incredibly and set up tons of goals which led to trophy wins, he wouldn't care very much.

"I'm not sure if this was my best season. I would have liked to have won more titles with Barcelona than achieve individual records."

Sure, his statistical achievements this season are unbelievable. There are really no words to describe them. I'm sure he would much rather have achieved this personal peak during any of his other more successful seasons though.

Yeah, I took it as you saying if he had a relatively poor season but won team trophies. I guess if he still had a better season overall than anyone else, that would be good enough for him.