Current chairmans statement

nextprev Malcolm Murray Statement 1 of 3

Replica Shirt

Rangers TV

Tickets

Malcolm Murray Statement

Sat, Jun 16, 2012

Tweet

MALCOLM MURRAY, chairman of Rangers Football Club, has this afternoon released the following statement.

He said: "On behalf of the Board, I welcome the statement last night from the Rangers Fans' Fighting Fund calling for all parties with Rangers at heart to get round the table to achieve an outcome that is in the Club's best interests.

"The Club comes first and constructive dialogue can only help.

"As the newly appointed chairman, I would like to stress once again I am not in this for personal gain or to oversee a quick sale of the Club.

"I believe this is also the position of those people who have invested and purchased the Club. The intention is to rebuild Rangers.

"Media reports suggesting the board is looking for or contemplating a sale less than 48 hours after the takeover was completed are groundless.

"We want to have the chance to see Rangers rise again and the more money that can be raised collaboratively and invested, the better for the Club.

"We would dearly like to sit down with the representatives of the Walter Smith consortium at the earliest opportunity.

"As the newly constituted board we understand that there is a great deal to be done to earn the trust of Rangers supporters who have gone through a very difficult time in recent years.

"We are all delighted that Ally McCoist is continuing as Manager. He is undoubtedly the right man.

"We also understand the anxiety about new people coming to the Club and are acutely aware of the respect and affection for Walter Smith. We have the utmost respect for Walter and what he means to Rangers.

"All members of the new board know they are servants of the Club and what is of paramount importance at present is securing the footballing and financial future of Rangers."

They are absolutely choking for Walter to join them, they know they cannot win a PR war against Walter. There is also the possibility that they need the money that Walter's consortium are bringing to the table. After all, it was reported that Green barely managed to raise the money to buy the club, let alone provide funding.

They are absolutely choking for Walter to join them, they know they cannot win a PR war against Walter. There is also the possibility that they need the money that Walter's consortium are bringing to the table. After all, it was reported that Green barely managed to raise the money to buy the club, let alone provide funding.

Wouldn't go as far as that..................and we still do not know what money McColl/Park are going to put into the club.................

Would be fantastic if Walter and his investors joined up, which would also stop anyone trying to rip off our club again.

The strength that would give what already looks a strong board would be great and Walter running the Football Board ........if it was like his team selections well.....we would have enough defenders to defend the club uk.gif

The current Board looks very sound to me. I trust WS, but his so called backers sounds like the Blue Knights all over again and I do not trust them. Let's see them put up good money for once and join with the current owners and really make RFC strong financially.

If these people behind WS had the money why did they wait so long - when the ship was sinking - before coming forward with an offer? Even now their offer is less than Green has spent to date, including professional, legal etc., fees and expenses. Are they serious?

Waiting to be convinced.

The current Board looks very sound to me. I trust WS, but his so called backers sounds like the Blue Knights all over again and I do not trust them. Let's see them put up good money for once and join with the current owners and really make RFC strong financially.

If these people behind WS had the money why did they wait so long - when the ship was sinking - before coming forward with an offer? Even now their offer is less than Green has spent to date, including professional, legal etc., fees and expenses. Are they serious?

Waiting to be convinced.

They haven't made an offer.

Why am I not surprised! All talk so far.

McColl and Park are likely waiting for Green and his mob to spend maybe 10million on the stadium, players and whatever else, set up a deal to transfer the club share from oldco to newco in the SFA and SPL, basically do fucking everything needing to set us up for the future

Then they will sweep in with a bid that relies on us making the CL last 16 :wink: