Walter Smith consortium withdrawing bid

rangersxfc

They also cost in wages, and signing on fees.

Interested to here how you come to that conclusion, give me some quotes from my posts to show how you reached that.

Because I pointed out what I think is a bullshit fan appeasing quote, I want Rangers to fail? (tu)

Just reading your posts.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont either, but some fans were a shambles last week towards our new owners and needed told about it

You're spot on, mate. I was called a "troll" by a very old friend when I cast doubt on Walter's bid and questioned the blind loyalty shown by level-headed Bears to a completely unknown consortium. Now, since the fake TBK Mk 2 bid collapsed, the same guy is singing a very different tune.

My advice is to show some magnanimity, gently point out to last week's big mouths who it was got it right and then move on.

That's what I'll be doing!!

Green paid 5.5M plus his legal fees, accountants fees etc. Estimates are around 9-10M

6M is derisory and the 'NEW' Rangers Football Club comment clearly spiteful and unnecessary.

As I said all along sounded like Paul 'the knights wi nae money' Murray was in the background trying ONCE AGAIN to buy Rangers on the cheap.

(tu)

the ffp is a farce as clubs just pay themselves through a bloated sponsor deal and Uefa do fuk all as the monies are rolling in

Not absolutely correct the Financial Fair Play Rules, now in effect, are being staggered in over next 3/4 years. As for sponsorship such as you suggest that will not work sas all have to be seen to be in line with the appropriate market value of such sponsorship deals.

So they can cover costs for June, what about after that? Are we just supposed to show blind faith in Green, giving him season ticket money in the hope that he has funding in place, and a plan to go along with it?

And to think that some were critical of the trust placed in Walter.

Should we not be buying our ST anyway if we want to watch the Rangers?

I said earlier that Smith's statement was opaque and it's left to the reader to draw his own conclusions.

A few things strike me as odd.

Walter Smith is not a rash man, in fact he's incredibly thoughtful and restrained.

Walter Smith is a winner, given his first statement why would he just roll over on this?

The consortium must know that Green bought the Club for £5.5m and that due diligence would be around the seven figure mark. An offer of £6m would unlikely cover the costs of the Green consortium. Why make it in the first place other?

Why was returning the Club to the control of Rangers men like Smith and Park vital a few days ago but not now?

What will Walter Smith say to his friend who was crying down the phone to him?

I said earlier that Smith's statement was opaque and it's left to the reader to draw his own conclusions.

A few things strike me as odd.

Walter Smith is not a rash man, in fact he's incredibly thoughtful and restrained.

Walter Smith is a winner, given his first statement why would he just roll over on this?

The consortium must know that Green bought the Club for £5.5m and that due diligence would be around the seven figure mark. An offer of £6m would unlikely cover the costs of the Green consortium. Why make it in the first place other?

Why was returning the Club to the control of Rangers men like Smith and Park vital a few days ago but not now?

What will Walter Smith say to his friend who was crying down the phone to him?

I have a theory on the whole Smiths consortium thing

After the CVA was said to be rejected on the tuesday, McColl and Park seen a chance to make a killing, a club like Rangers for under 10million, or so they thought

Knowing they needed the extra edge they consulted Smith and more than likely fed him one massive lot of bullshit about doing what it takes blah blah blah.

Smith front the consortium and issues his statements, the fans immediately jump on the side of McColl/Park at a rate they couldnt even have imagined, which built massive pressure on them to actually go through with the deal

Green and co state their price, but McColl and Park never intended on buying for more than the asset price, by now Smith and the fans are wondering why they havent tabled a proper bid

The proper bid arrives and is fucking shambolic, almost akin to TBK bids, Smith realises that McColl and Park are fucking at it and walks away, McColl and Park realise it was only Smith that got them their backing from the fans and have to pull out.

A very pertinent question indeed. Who knows - especially in light of the Smith statement that seems as much of a warning of troubles ahead as a withdrawal.

After the CVA was said to be rejected on the tuesday, McColl and Park seen a chance to make a killing, a club like Rangers for under 10million, or so they thought

Knowing they needed the extra edge they consulted Smith and more than likely fed him one massive lot of bullshit about doing what it takes blah blah blah.

Smith front the consortium and issues his statements, the fans immediately jump on the side of McColl/Park at a rate they couldnt even have imagined, which built massive pressure on them to actually go through with the deal

Green and co state their price, but McColl and Park never intended on buying for more than the asset price, by now Smith and the fans are wondering why they havent tabled a proper bid

The proper bid arrives and is fucking shambolic, almost akin to TBK bids, Smith realises that McColl and Park are fucking at it and walks away, McColl and Park realise it was only Smith that got them their backing from the fans and have to pull out.

That reminds me.

Av got the last episode of 24 tae watch......................................

A very pertinent question indeed. Who knows - especially in light of the Smith statement that seems as much of a warning of troubles ahead as a withdrawal.

The statement was restrained but I drew the same inference as you did.

I've no doubt Smith has the Club's best interests at heart. This being the case, why just give up so easily?

I also find it hard to believe Smith would allow himself to be used and be part of a consortium that just threw in the towel so easily.

The statement was restrained but I drew the same inference as you did.

I've no doubt Smith has the Club's best interests at heart. This being the case, why just give up so easily?

I also find it hard to believe Smith would allow himself to be used and be part of a consortium that just threw in the towel so easily.

There's more to this than meets the eye. Smith's statement clearly indicates (amongst other things) they asked for information to provide comfort - and did not get it.

I'd have thought that would have caused him and the consortium to redouble their efforts - not chuck it.

Puzzling to say the least.

Everyone will have their own theory but I cannot believe Smith was as naïve as that.

I also cannot believe that Park and McColl thought they'd get the Club, stadium, training ground, players and other assets for £6m.

Everyone will have their own theory but I cannot believe Smith was as naïve as that.

I also cannot believe that Park and McColl thought they'd get the Club, stadium, training ground, players and other assets for £6m.

Add in a couple of other names and it might not be so unbelievable... :sherlock:

There's more to this than meets the eye. Smith's statement clearly indicates (amongst other things) they asked for information to provide comfort - and did not get it.

I'd have thought that would have caused him and the consortium to redouble their efforts - not chuck it.

Puzzling to say the least.

Completely agree (Christ, you and I should stick to talking Rangers), that's what is troubling/puzzling me. Smith doesn't just give up, it's not in his nature and like you say add into the mix they appear concerned with the plans of the current owners then why just walk away?

You are much closer than you think.

Apologies, I don't get what you're driving at?

Add in Paul Murray and possibly Dave King, Murray in particular thinks he can buy Rangers for next to nothing using fan pressure and the "Rangers men" argument in the media. Compare the fan groups using bully-boy tactics to support this bid and the (original) Blue Knights bid, then compare media outlets used to spread the message. The truth is out there....