Walter Smith consortium withdrawing bid

rangersxfc

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If Walter n co were really wanting the club why do they have to worry what green n co were up to just ask him how much he wants for the club then it's down to Walter n co to find the funds and run it there own way without any interference simples

Everyone will have their own theory but I cannot believe Smith was as naïve as that.

I also cannot believe that Park and McColl thought they'd get the Club, stadium, training ground, players and other assets for £6m.

From their opening statement with that ludicrous part asking them to step aside and let real Rangers men take over the club.................who did they think these people involved in this came from fresh faced from Uni.

My theory...................traynor was used as he has been in the past by our ex manager...............McColl/Park and the still unnamed consortium members(we all know the stink this caused for another consortium).......again to their statement...McColl/Park have put together funds for the acquisition of the assets................not the assets.....not a murmur as to the funding of running cost as it was made clear McColl/Park acquisition funding.............could it be iw as the old stand by of season ticket and share issue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no problems with this but to question Green for his funding of the running of the club, when it would also be season money and share issue as was mini or should I say as minis would have been if McColl/Park had been successful.

Could as in their statment not wanting to own the club .just want it to be in the hands of real Rangers men.........could they have been meaning the assets as that was their finacial input was to achive and no mention of running the club.

Also maybe you could answer this for me .................is Auchenhowie not on a lease from a trust as in Kelvinside Academy trust not own the land also was the Albion and part of the land behind the Broomloan loan road stand not syphoned off into murrays property company.

Everyone will have their own theory but I cannot believe Smith was as naïve as that.

I also cannot believe that Park and McColl thought they'd get the Club, stadium, training ground, players and other assets for £6m.

From their opening statement with that ludicrous part asking them to step aside and let real Rangers men take over the club.................who did they think these people involved in this came from fresh faced from Uni.

My theory...................traynor was used as he has been in the past by our ex manager...............McColl/Park and the still unnamed consortium members(we all know the stink this caused for another consortium).......again to their statement...McColl/Park have put together funds for the acquisition of the assets................not the assets.....not a murmur as to the funding of running cost as it was made clear McColl/Park acquisition funding.............could it be iw as the old stand by of season ticket and share issue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no problems with this but to question Green for his funding of the running of the club, when it would also be season money and share issue as was mini or should I say as minis would have been if McColl/Park had been successful.

Could as in their statment not wanting to own the club .just want it to be in the hands of real Rangers men.........could they have been meaning the assets as that was their finacial input was to achive and no mention of running the club.

Also maybe you could answer this for me .................is Auchenhowie not on a lease from a trust as in Kelvinside Academy trust not own the land also was the Albion and part of the land behind the Broomloan loan road stand not syphoned off into murrays property company.

Add in Paul Murray and possibly Dave King, Murray in particular thinks he can buy Rangers for next to nothing using fan pressure and the "Rangers men" argument in the media. Compare the fan groups using bully-boy tactics to support this bid and the (original) Blue Knights bid, then compare media outlets used to spread the message. The truth is out there....

Has Paul Murray been named as part of Smith's consortium?

PM strikes me as a back office nerd, uncomfortable in the limelight as opposed to a deal maker.

Add in Paul Murray and possibly Dave King, Murray in particular thinks he can buy Rangers for next to nothing using fan pressure and the "Rangers men" argument in the media. Compare the fan groups using bully-boy tactics to support this bid and the (original) Blue Knights bid, then compare media outlets used to spread the message. The truth is out there....

You would have thought the combined wealth of King, McColl, Park and the rest of them along with the leadership of Smith would be more than enough to do a deal.

And, still, amid warnings of trouble, they walk away. Again.

You would have thought the combined wealth of King, McColl, Park and the rest of them along with the leadership of Smith would be more than enough to do a deal.

And, still, amid warnings of trouble, they walk away. Again.

I share your concerns about the statement, but I can't understand why they seem to be saying "we didn't get the assurances we wanted, so we're walking away." Seems to me the way to save Rangers in those circumstances would be to do what it takes to buy the club.

I'll have to read the statement again, but it doesn't read like a Walter Smith statement to me.

Never heard that about Auchenhowie but I was of the understanding David Murray owned the Albion and leased it back to Rangers.

We now have no choice but hope Green's consortium is the real deal. We have been let down by so called Rangers' men coming to our rescue. None have and it looks for the moment none will.

Green now has to stand up against the baying mob and mhedia who wish to see us put to the sword.

First thing as far as I'm concerned is withdraw our SPL request and apply for Div. 3.

It's now a question of how much more despair our fans can take!

Judging by the mood on here, not much!

Never heard that about Auchenhowie but I was of the understanding David Murray owned the Albion and leased it back to Rangers.

I am positive it was mentioned about Auchenhowie in creditors list about Auchenhowie...............yet they always mention the Albion as an asset and Auchenhowie. When I think about it maybe a section of the Albion is owned by the club

I think it was actually Murrays son who owned the Albion. Someone said on here not long ago that no longer owned it though.

I think it was actually Murrays son who owned the Albion. Someone said on here not long ago that he no longer owned it though.

have a read not Auchenhowie but makes you wonder re our city fathers

The Struth Park Proposal

Rangers bought land across from Ibrox in the 90's hoping to build a training complex, along with shops and a train station. Chelsea have something similar in London whilst FC Barcelona have the same in Catalonia. These plans were agreed by the council so we destroyed the Albion and just before we started to construct it the council decided to look over their decision. They thought about all possible things that could be harmful to the environment, society etc... basically an excuse. Possible ground contamination was asked about and it was suggested that the construction works could cause traffic congestion. It's hard to believe how construction work could cause further traffic congestion to a place that has 50,000 people every other Saturday. After reviewing their decision, the council got back to the club. The answer was no. If Rangers wanted to build on the land they would have to change their plans. That didn't happen and the search continued at the time. It made no sense for the council to reject these plans though.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

As far as I know, RFC plc owns Ibrox and Murray Park. If so, these can be transferred by the admins (although there are securities over ground at Auchenhowie in favour of Kelvinside Academy War Memorial Trust).

Who owns Ibrox and MP will be publicly available at the Land Register (or Sasine Register) and I'd be pretty surprised if no rheptile journos had already checked to see if they'd been transferred by RFC plc to Whyte.

Whyte doesn't have any fixed securities over RFC plc's assets. He has a floating charge over RFC plc but this won't prevent the transfer of Ibrox or MP to a newco.

so did Walter & McColl really bid only £6 million? seriously, how the fuck did they expect to get the club for that?

Green does not come across as a mug & after the time, effort, money e.t.c he has put in that does seem a poor offer.

So Walters consortium basically wanted it for a pittance.

I would like McColl, Parks and Walter to get involved with Green but i can't see it happening.

After reviewing their decision, the council got back to the club. The answer was no. If Rangers wanted to build on the land they would have to change their plans. That didn't happen and the search continued at the time. It made no sense for the council to reject these plans though.

Glhasgow City Chouncil giving a decision against Rangers? Quelle suprise!! :anguish:

I think its time to stop talking about this and Back 'Duck Egg Blue and his consortium ''

Lets go by the facts, JIm McColl, Douglas Park and company have always backed Rangers financially by buying corporate boxes and sponsorship, Noone other than Dave King has put any money into Rangers. 6 Million was as much as they were going to pay and the get a return by aquiring the assets for thier money.

Green has said If he makes Rangers money he deserves to be paid for it, True Effin Right I say within reason of course haha

Green and Co have got the money raised he said he would. He intends to raise more, the guy cant raise more money for Rangers if the fans are against him, I reckon todays statements from Walter, Dave King in particular were positive for Green to get on with it.

NOONE can critise Walter, Dave King or McColl etc..... they all have our interests at heart, were lucky to have these guys.

NOONE can read it any other way, because im certain the Statement from Walter today would be, ''I am no longer supprting Rangers'', if he and his colleagues felt Charles Green in co were not the real deal. Sure Dave King is questioning how hes going to do it !! Everyone will question it, but CHarles Green done the business at Sheffield Utd, and he we have the press knowing the names of his budgies the now, Noone has came out and dug up anything on Green and his investors.

My instinct now tells me, to Back green, Send my season ticket renewal back, no matter if were playing in the SPL or Div 3, it doesnt matter...... Sure fans will remain sceptical, pay at the gate for a few months !! go for it, Its the same as Paying up ur season ticket for 4 months anyhow, only Dearer way of doing it !!

GET BEHIND RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB.........WE ARE THE PEOPLE, TIME TO PROVE IT !!!!

I'm genuinely sorry that Walters' group have decided to end their efforts to buy our club, and I would like to ask them something.

As one who is permenantly skint I dont think I will ever be able to put in a few million to help out , but the guys who are involved with Walter Do have genuine wealth - enough to make a real difference.

With that in mind would it not have been in the best interests of Rangers if Walters' backers had taken up Mr Greens' offer of positions on the board and would have been able to exert real influence over the direction Rangers will be going forward.

Better to be on the inside making policy than being stuck on the outside watching.

I'm sure it's not too late Walter , please please stay involved to keep our beloved Club safe.