All this fuck the SPL stuff

T_Cradle85

Very good post for the most part, though I do take issue with your statement that "we have become more grudge orientated than any set of fans". In my eyes this is a direct backlash against the abuse that has been heaped upon us by every other club since the start of this fiasco. I am all for taking deserved punishment, but for every other team to be screaming about "sporting integrity" and bleating on ad nauseum that we "lack humility" just beggars belief (especially considering the chequered history of some of these witchfinders.). I think other clubs would see a lot more "humility" forthcoming from us if they weren't blinded by their own hatred of our club and grabbing every opportunity to stick the boot in. If you back a dog into a corner, it shouldn't come as a surprise if it bares its teeth and retaliates.

absolutely. when we were trying to wint the uefa cup, did the sfa get everyone together for a meeting to decide if they should change the rules to accomodate us? nope. when we went into administration, did the sfa get everyone together to change the rules to screw us some more? absolutely. the problem i have is the inconsistency. i am very unhappy that our standard has dropped (i.e. that we have not paid debts that were owed - i exclude the big tax case on this, as it was never proven). however, companies (and clubs) get away with a lot if you are the first ones to do something unexpected. the fact of the matter is that there were particular rules in place at the time we went into administration, and then new fecking rules were dreamt up. so screw every other football club in scotland if they think we are lacking humility. we have put up with more kickings than any other of those nonities would ever have to put up with. and lets face it, thats what they are - noneties. you nothing NOTHING without us. KNOW YOUR FECKING ROLE.

i will now dispose of my soapbox

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good post for the most part, though I do take issue with your statement that "we have become more grudge orientated than any set of fans". In my eyes this is a direct backlash against the abuse that has been heaped upon us by every other club since the start of this fiasco. I am all for taking deserved punishment, but for every other team to be screaming about "sporting integrity" and bleating on ad nauseum that we "lack humility" just beggars belief (especially considering the chequered history of some of these witchfinders.). I think other clubs would see a lot more "humility" forthcoming from us if they weren't blinded by their own hatred of our club and grabbing every opportunity to stick the boot in. If you back a dog into a corner, it shouldn't come as a surprise if it bares its teeth and retaliates.

aye - that's sort of my point though - if every one just keeps saying fuck it - and if we keep saying ' it's a conspiracy ' and we all just looking for revenge and boycotts then nothing will ever get sorted. we come up with a god idea other clubs poo poo it because its us; if Celtic come up with a good idea we poo poo it because it's them and nothing moves on as we are all to busy getting revenge rather than improvent

aye - that's sort of my point though - if every one just keeps saying fuck it - and if we keep saying ' it's a conspiracy ' and we all just looking for revenge and boycotts then nothing will ever get sorted. we come up with a god idea other clubs poo poo it because its us; if Celtic come up with a good idea we poo poo it because it's them and nothing moves on as we are all to busy getting revenge rather than improvent

At present, I await with bated breath that "good idea" to surface from the Dark Side (I won't be holding that breath, however.). I do get your point, but unfortunately the atmosphere is so poisoned atm that I think it has moved well past the point of no return. Hopefully there are some vestiges of sanity that can still rise up and prevail, but it will have to be against overwhelming odds.

i don't believe they will vote us out of the SPL - they know that's a huge risk for the Scottish game. I think they'll keep us there but hit us with a pile of sanctions that make it impossible for us to seriously challenge for the title for 2 or 3 years. that way the "fans" get to humilate us and have a good laugh, the clubs keep on getting their gate money, the TV money remains and from Green's perspective it more likely that Rangers can turn a profit in the SPL than in Div 3 or Div 1 so there'll be no complaints there. I know this is not something most of us want to consider but it's got to be the most likely result post July 4th.

Yep - there is the bigger picture of Scottish Football here - Rangers don't live in isolation and we cant just say fk them all (my goodness who do we NOT hold a grdudge against - we have become more grudge orientated than any set of fans - and that is likely to carry on for years). The problem is every fan group (and their 'Chairmen' and the SPL and SFA) are all to busy looking after only their own corner to take a broader view)

However every team, every set of fans and the SPL and SFA all need to stop digging and start thinking.

I NEVER liked the US sports franchise system - but the one thing that system is good at is looking after their respective games interests. That should be the role of the SPL and SFA - looking after the collective interest of the whole BUT instead they are to busy looking at self interest.

I came acrooss a management phrase a good few years ago that I apply to companies that get to process orientated, to worried about 'systems and procedures' that they become inhibited in moving forward and being productive and it is 'To busy doing things right - to do the right thing' and that applies here.

Every one wants to do the things right!

Club Chairmen want to 'listen' to their fans - but what they should be doing is taking a leadership position and saying "Lets do what is right for the game" after all fans are only going to vote one way - for draconian measures - but sometimes it takes leadership to say "No that is wrong"

The SPL and SFA are caught in that same beauraucratic crap - their jobs have become 'process orientated' - all about procedures and applying them - the problem (as we all find out) is when procedures dont cover an eventuality we are left with common sense - but our :sherlock: beauracrats look to the procedures and when an instance is covered they have no place to go and lack the common sense to sort the situation.

The SFA and the SPL are running about trying to 'sort out' this unforeseen circumstance - all that needed to be applied was a little bit of common sense - but instead we went down the process and procedures route - and while some procedure can be helpful to any company in trying to deal with day-to-day matters the company that tries to deal with change, especially catastrophic change, by appplying procedures to them instead of 'Though and Leadership' is a company that will be crushed by events.

The SPL/SFA and Club Chairmen need to get out of there respective corners - stop looking at 'How to do things' and start looking at 'What to do' and someone - somewhere better take up a leadership role in this damm quick or Scottish football will be crushed by the ongoing events, not just Rangers.

Pretty much agree with your comments BP9 and I would add what is my biggest concern if we down the divisions is what will our best players do? Will Shagger, Naisy etc. want to play with us in Div 3, 2 or even 1.

Johnny-Doyle-CSC-1.jpg

Jogeth yonder ya papish fuck

Priceless, always one isn't there?

You disagree with my topic, so naturally you must find something to point the finger that I must be different. You may be right - my eyes are open and I am not blinded by the blue tinted glasses.

You've taken a symbol - the raised fist - and assumed it is only linked to one small group of people, celtic fans?

Let's just forget that it is actually a symbol of rebellion, and giving the power back to the people. What is it that we refer to ourselves as? Oh that's right, We Are The People. Care to read the rest of my avatar?

How dare I suggest that we as the people of our club, should rebel against the shite that has went on with us of late?

Now now, don't go reading in to my use of the word 'rebel' too much, lift your head a little and realise that rebel does not mean IRA or any connotations you may make in your simple mind.

Priceless, always one isn't there?

You disagree with my topic, so naturally you must find something to point the finger that I must be different. You may be right - my eyes are open and I am not blinded by the blue tinted glasses.

You've taken a symbol - the raised fist - and assumed it is only linked to one small group of people, celtic fans?

Let's just forget that it is actually a symbol of rebellion, and giving the power back to the people. What is it that we refer to ourselves as? Oh that's right, We Are The People. Care to read the rest of my avatar?

How dare I suggest that we as the people of our club, should rebel against the shite that has went on with us of late?

Now now, don't go reading in to my use of the word 'rebel' too much, lift your head a little and realise that rebel does not mean IRA or any connotations you may make in your simple mind.

Very strange never seen any other bear with it. Plenty when the taigs are at Ibrox though

Very strange never seen any other bear with it. Plenty when the taigs are at Ibrox though

Yip, you're right, must be something in the water I am drinking. Please forgive me for self thought and not buying in to the blind faith of what ever the fuck it is you believe.

Care to elaborate on the actual topic though? Or should we assume you are one of the people that blindly think that we should screw the rest of them to spite ourselves later on? Ever opened your eyes outwith your own wee world?

Yip, you're right, must be something in the water I am drinking. Please forgive me for self thought and not buying in to the blind faith of what ever the fuck it is you believe.

Care to elaborate on the actual topic though? Or should we assume you are one of the people that blindly think that we should screw the rest of them to spite ourselves later on? Ever opened your eyes outwith your own wee world?

Na fuck the SPL and the fenian scrotes within it

Na fuck the SPL and the fenian scrotes within it

Got the best interests of the club long term at heart there, don't you? Well done, continue to live in your own wee world and blindly go on without a clue to the wider consequences of such ideas.

Got the best interests of the club long term at heart there, don't you? Well done, continue to live in your own wee world and blindly go on without a clue to the wider consequences of such ideas.

Fuck the SPL

Fuck the SPL

So, IF we get sent to Div 3, and we win our way back to the top in 3 years - I assume you won't be supporting us while in the SPL? Or will you discredit any further titles we win in the SPL in the future?

Or IF we get voted back in to the league - regardless of 'punishments - you'll be moving on to support another team out with the SPL then?

Seems so with such hatred against the SPL and not acknowledging the wider issues that such disregard of the league brings.

Fuck the SPL though, right? And when we win the Division One title, we shall just let second place get promoted instead?

So, IF we get sent to Div 3, and we win our way back to the top in 3 years - I assume you won't be supporting us while in the SPL? Or will you discredit any further titles we win in the SPL in the future?

Or IF we get voted back in to the league - regardless of 'punishments - you'll be moving on to support another team out with the SPL then?

Seems so with such hatred against the SPL and not acknowledging the wider issues that such disregard of the league brings.

Fuck the SPL though, right? And when we win the Division One title, we shall just let second place get promoted instead?

Fuck the SPL

and yer tarrier avatar

The way I see it whatever happens to us, it's a lose-lose situation.

We stay where we are and we'll face sanctions for the next three years delay our progress even more or we get demoted to the third division, spend three years working our way back up the leagues only to find ourselves in a league even worse than we left it. Leaving us unable to progress as a club due to being in a league with absolutely no hope.

Fuck the SPL

and yer tarrier avatar

That's it, continue to not read/answer the topic at hand, and instead focus your narrowminded attention on the pathetic moments.

Really, a raised fist is a celtic only thing?

Next you'll be telling me we shouldn't be playing football on green grass.rolleyes.gif

That's it, continue to not read/answer the topic at hand, and instead focus your narrowminded attention on the pathetic moments.

Really, a raised fist is a celtic only thing?

Next you'll be telling me we shouldn't be playing football on green grass.rolleyes.gif

Na the taigs have the banners with it. Fenian republican shite.

Oh aye

Fuck the SPL

The way I see it whatever happens to us, it's a lose-lose situation.

We stay where we are and we'll face sanctions for the next three years delay our progress even more or we get demoted to the third division, spend three years working our way back up the leagues only to find ourselves in a league even worse than we left it. Leaving us unable to progress as a club due to being in a league with absolutely no hope.

:(

Always going to be some sort of loss here - unless we get voted back in, no questions asked!

But surely three years of these sanctions is better than 3 years away from the SPL, and going back to nothing after those three? The SPL will be better off with us in it (using us, I know, but think long term for us) and thus we will be better off when these sanctions are lifted. It would seem that 3 years is going to be a time span we need to deal with some how or another though :(

Na the taigs have the banners with it. Fenian republican shite.

Yip, it is simply a "fenian republican" thing!

They invented the notion of a raised fist as a protest.

Must be that I am one of them, as I wouldn't have a thing to protest about of late in regards to our club rolleyes.gif

Yip, it is simply a "fenian republican" thing!

They invented the notion of a raised fist as a protest.

Must be that I am one of them, as I wouldn't have a thing to protest about of late in regards to our club rolleyes.gif

08-319hangingtim-400.jpg

Don't get me wrong, the clubs that (if it turns out this way) vote for the newco not to get the 12th share in the SPL should be remembered, and we shouldn't let them off with it when we get the chance.

But what is bugging me with some of our fans is the attitude of "fuck the spl, let them die" and hoping/expecting that the league will be a complete joke of a league.

No doubt this may be the case, but have any of us stopped to think what the consequences of this will be? 3 years time when we are looking to win the 1st Division and gain entry back in to the SPL, what are we expecting to enter back in to?

We'll be a team of talented young domestic lads, with a great fighting and winning mentality (here's hoping for some cup success along the way?) but if we are all "fuck the SPL, hope it dies" etc, then aren't you all worried that there is fuck all for us to come back to? That when we do come back, there is no TV deal, there won't be any decent (lol, like there is now) clubs to play against. A SPL filled with Ross County, Inverness, Raith Rovers, Partick Thistle etc? How is that going to help us in the future? How is that going to help us get back on top? We'll be walking in to a league with no prospect, no hope, and playing against teams of mediocre level, all fighting for ONE champions league spot, that will have 4 qualification places.

I'm all for hurting who ever fucks us over, but let's be honest, for The Rangers to succeed, we actually do need the SPL to sort it fucking self out in time for our eventual return, so that we can take our strong team, and keep building back up, so that we can dominate this league once again, so that we can get the chance to fight in Europe and play against the big boys once again.

aye, i have thought of the consequences of 'my fuck them attitude'.

if Rangers are forced to start from the bottom and build, then the spl, by their own actions, have given themselves the same hardship - that's why my heart bleeds purple pish for them.

the current status of the spl exists because of Rangers.

when they kick us out, the spl will go downhill.

however, if Rangers have the power to make the spl what it is today, then we have the power to do the same again when we return.

it may take a few years, but what's that compared to a 140 year history?

i think the bigger question is - should that be our goal?

from some reports, green has got his eye on europe rather than a parochial spl - no team other than the old firm has won the spl, and only four times in last 47 years has another team won the title.

i feel the long term future for Rangers resides in european leagues similar to NHL, NBA, NFL,and MLB set ups - there's too much money in it for it not to happen, and the world wide fan base of the old firm ensures both will be included.

as for facing ross county in the spl or elgin next year or anyone else, other than the scum, history shows that it's an exercise in splitting hairs.

:(

Always going to be some sort of loss here - unless we get voted back in, no questions asked!

But surely three years of these sanctions is better than 3 years away from the SPL, and going back to nothing after those three? The SPL will be better off with us in it (using us, I know, but think long term for us) and thus we will be better off when these sanctions are lifted. It would seem that 3 years is going to be a time span we need to deal with some how or another though :(

what bears on here can't understand us that the time we get back to the spl, the scum will be a runaway train, that's the reality of div 3

Pretty much agree with your comments BP9 and I would add what is my biggest concern if we down the divisions is what will our best players do? Will Shagger, Naisy etc. want to play with us in Div 3, 2 or even 1.

we wont need them and will save a fucking fortune in wages every year

Make no mistake we have to start running a football club and not an ego trip, even if we keep our place in the SPL i'd be happy to sell a few high earners like Shagger, Davis etc

Can we cut 200k a week from our wage budget to plug the black hole

Shagger 25k a week

Davis 25k a week

Whittaker 25k a week

Lafferty 15k a week

Goian 10k a week?

Thats 100k a week that we have shaved off the budget, now considering the 10mill black hole included Papac and likely Jelavic's wages (before he left obviously) can we put that as 30k a week

130k a week off the wages

See how difficult this will be to plug the black hole, wether we want them or wether they want us we might need to be rid of anything over 5k a week

But this must be the blueprint for our future, et the youths ame time, start the likes of fleck, ness, mccabe, perry, little, hemmings,

Give them over 100 games together (hopefully0 thats 3 successive promotions and we'd have a scottish style man united youth dominance starting

what bears on here can't understand us that the time we get back to the spl, the scum will be a runaway train, that's the reality of div 3

will they really

do you think they will punt 40k season books when the league race is done by halloween, or their sponsors pay the same amount knowing that they will only be on the BBC highlights package for 2 minutes a week and thats at 11pm at night

for both sides of the old firm the only reason that you buy a season ticket is for old firm games and hopefully first dibs on finals

every other game bar old firm you can buy a ticket for from public sale,

Make no mistake the beggars will win the league 3 times, but they wont be anywhere near the team they are the now, they will punt anything of value and hoover up anything that plays well against them in the SPL, which will be shite anyway

But id rather 3 seasons of climbing the leaues than 3 seasons of financial and points deductions in the SPL while the tarriers get to keep their TV money, OF season book sales and skelp us 4 times a season