Are people expecting our players to stay?

it's not about " wonders for their careers" it's about pulling on that jersey and sticking by us and helping to put us back at the top.

Its easy to say that when its not your job. People forget they aren't supporters they are employees. If the company you worked for said they were making major cut backs and it would take years to get back to the job you signed up for, Im sure you wouldnt hang around.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its easy to say that when its not your job. People forget they aren't supporters they are employees. If the company you worked for said they were making major cut backs and it would take years to get back to the job you signed up for, Im sure you wouldnt hang around.

I have been in the same job for 30 years and some of that period has been really difficult, but I am still doing my job because, I love my job and I am not in it for the money, some people still have loyalty,comitement and pride!!! :P

I have been in the same job for 30 years and some of that period has been really difficult, but I am still doing my job because, I love my job and I am not in it for the money, some people still have loyalty,comitement and pride!!! :P

Some people have some ambition (tu)

I don't think this is about whether an individual is right to stay in the same job no matter what or whether or not that equates to lack of ambition or whether someone should be slated for leaving a job to move elsewhere.

It is about freedome of choice. And, what has to be accepted is that whilst clubs continue to treat players and managers as cattle there will be no loyalty. Similarly, fans demand loyalty from players but are quick to criticise and drive said players away regardless of how loyal that player has been.

Life is imperfect. Personally, whoever wears the Rangers shirt, I want them to be with us because they want to be with us not out of some daft pledge of undying loyalty.

Now you are just being a :wanker:

Not at all mate Im just pointing out the flaw in your argument. You havent stuck in the same job for 30 years, you have moved up the ladder. Dont our players deserve to be allowed to do the same thing? You cant think dropping to division 3 helps them move up? This more or less kills a large part of their career, if not their whole career from now on in. No player in their right mind wants to take this gamble. Not even for the love of a club.

Not at all mate Im just pointing out the flaw in your argument. You havent stuck in the same job for 30 years, you have moved up the ladder. Dont our players deserve to be allowed to do the same thing? You cant think dropping to division 3 helps them move up? This more or less kills a large part of their career, if not their whole career from now on in. No player in their right mind wants to take this gamble. Not even for the love of a club.

Agree to disagree!!! :)

:lol: Nowt wrong with being in the same job that amount of time. Ignore Del, he's just your usual anti-human being HR zealot :D;):P

:uk:

Personally i think Green has totally messed this up and I would be pissed too if someone had done this to me without talking to me first. Of course I would of transferred accross if they had asked me but after this heavy handed approach and now threatening legal action I would be seriously having second thoughts regardless of my passion for the club. Who wants to be treated in this way and what other underhanded tricks does he have in mind for players.

Does this smack of desperation for the transfer money, regrettably I'm beginning to wonder if king was right and he hasn't got the money.

No before any one suggests it I am not a tbk supporter lol, just suspicious of all these so called money men.