Are people expecting our players to stay?

And Jelavic said he'd only leave for a team in Europe yet he is still loved on here despite that lie. People need to stop being so gullible, football players talk shite and will do what's best for them no matter what.

A top quality foreign player stating that is a bit different to a guy whos played 3 professional decent games in his life.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McCabe lied, he said he would stay no matter what. The boys mean't to be a Rangers fan.

He plays about 5 games after years of us bringing him through the youths, we give him his break through and at the first opportunity he leaves? Na, I canny deal with that.

Fair enough if its Shagger etc, but not the young lads.

This.

Ots not the fact he is leaving its the fact he is using a stupid rule that hurts the club more and we get no fee.Thats the issue here.

Is that his fault? Why would he cut down his options by asking for a fee because the club has made an absolute royal cunt of everything? How much would we actually get for him? A boy who has played less than 10 games.

If this is the reaction over a young guy with less than 10 games wait until you see the big named players leave. I don't remember anyone posting their disgust with the Bocanegra rumour earlier, will the board go into meltdown when he leaves for fuck all?

Think most frustration in the fact that in staying and at least seeing where we end up, players could decide they want away after and at least fetch us a small fee.

We may well only be down one division. These lads are happy to go out on loan to get experience. Don't think a year in a lower division would have been bad for the likes of McCabe.

I'm most disappointed purely because I saw him as the cornerstone of the future Rangers, should we only be demoted one division.

As I said, if he goes down south I can take it, if he fucks off to any of the Turkeys in the spl he can go and royally fuck himself. Bitter for sure if he goes to any of the cuntish clubs up here

Is that his fault? Why would he cut down his options by asking for a fee because the club has made an absolute royal cunt of everything? How much would we actually get for him? A boy who has played less than 10 games.

If this is the reaction over a young guy with less than 10 games wait until you see the big named players leave. I don't remember anyone posting their disgust with the Bocanegra rumour earlier, will the board go into meltdown when he leaves for fuck all?

People know big names are going. They are prepared for it. That's the point for some people. 10 games for arrangers and he's above sticking about?

I understand his decision as much as it pains me (tu)

A top quality foreign player stating that is a bit different to a guy whos played 3 professional decent games in his life.

Both are lies, both were believed by the gullible. The sooner fans realise players talk shite the better.

Right thats why we are in the fucking mess we where in through years of lettong playets go on the cheap.

He had a choice , and remember we got good Money for Wilson who was a uoung player who if he stayed could have been awesome , no he choose to go to Liverpool reserves.

Bocanegra I wouldnt expect to see at Broodwood on a wed night , but a young guy like that goes for free .

I 250,000 for a guy like him.

Better than a poke in the eye from a guy with a stick.

I reiterate again , no wonder we ate in this fucking mess

O would be astounded if he hung about with any of the shitty SPL teams.

People know big names are going. They are prepared for it. That's the point for some people. 10 games for arrangers and he's above sticking about?

I understand his decision as much as it pains me (tu)

I know where people are coming from but realistically surely people knew even the younger guys would be offski. Would you really want to stick about just now when no-one knows what is going on, no player has been spoken to, uncertainty all around, no SPL, division 3 or 1.

I am gutted he is leaving, he is already better than Edu imo and would be 1st pick next year even if we had been in the SPL, but maybe I'm not as outraged because I already told myself these guys would be away anyway.

I know where people are coming from but realistically surely people knew even the younger guys would be offski. Would you really want to stick about just now when no-one knows what is going on, no player has been spoken to, uncertainty all around, no SPL, division 3 or 1.

I am gutted he is leaving, he is already better than Edu imo and would be 1st pick next year even if we had been in the SPL, but maybe I'm not as outraged because I already told myself these guys would be away anyway.

I don't see why he has to rush off. We're a couple of weeks away from finding out where we are playing. 1st division and he'd be in a pretty nice career position frankly. It's hardly as if we're going to hold him to ransom at the club if he transfers over to the newco.

As I say, I understand, but I'm hugely disappointed that he couldn't show a little more faith. If we were in 3rd division, I'd expect everyone to leave. 1st division though and I'd think it wasn't too much to ask these younger talents to hang around. That was my initial thought process

Everyone in this nss has talked shite. Players. Owners. Media.

Not Jig though

They have indeed, and they will continue to talk shite. It's not nice, we have had enough shite without people lying to us. Better to decide everything is shite until proven otherwise at the moment.

if the rumours are true that McCabe wants to walk away hes a fucking disgrace tbh. nobody should. I dont mind anyone who hands i na transfer request if we're going to division 3, it suits everyone, we get a fee for them, and get them off the wage bill (they wont be needed anyway for div 3) and they can move on - 3 years is a long time in the career of a footballer to be hanging around in semi-professional leagues. But to use the clubs current situation to try and walk away for free is a fucking disgrace. We braught alot of these guys through, turned out every week and supported them, if they simply walk away they are screwing the club the fans over at the worst possible time.

They have indeed, and they will continue to talk shite. It's not nice, we have had enough shite without people lying to us. Better to decide everything is shite until proven otherwise at the moment.

Slightly concerned with Green's stance on this all. Blindly claimed that any player walking away would be in breach of contract. Seems that nobody else thinks this to be true. So is he fibbing or simply didn't realise that was the case? I don't know which option would concern me more.

if the rumours are true that McCabe wants to walk away hes a fucking disgrace tbh. nobody should. I dont mind anyone who hands i na transfer request if we're going to division 3, it suits everyone, we get a fee for them, and get them off the wage bill (they wont be needed anyway for div 3) and they can move on - 3 years is a long time in the career of a footballer to be hanging around in semi-professional leagues. But to use the clubs current situation to try and walk away for free is a fucking disgrace. We braught alot of these guys through, turned out every week and supported them, if they simply walk away they are screwing the club the fans over at the worst possible time.

The company you works for goes into administration and says you need to take a reduction in wages or there's going to be redundancies. Then the company fails to come out of administration and is transferred to a new holding company. There's no correspondence between you and your employers for a month during your holidays until you are told to come into a meeting on Thursday, but there's also reports that the company will not be able to operate at the same level it once did and you've been advised by an employment expert that you have the legal right to walk away without any penalties. The career you're in could be ended in an instant one day, and probably has a 15 year period in which it will last.

Are you saying you wouldn't exercise your right to leave and seek to find more secure and stable employment? You take the fact this is the club we love out of it and it's a clear cut decision in my books.

The players need to do what's right for them, hard as it is to stomach the club (mainly through those who have run it over the past few years) have not took the consequences for them into consideration, and as such the players shouldn't be vilified for looking after their own careers at this time.

A very useful excuse when it suits a player or a club. Bottom line - players hire agents.

I expected the high-earners to leave - not the players we have nurtured.

Indeed. A bit of a slap in the face. Bit ahead of himself too methinks. Was relying on the likes of him. If we only went down one division, he'd literally be leading the Rangers on their return to fucking nail the cunts who went after us in a years time.

Integral part of a Rangers midfield - could have been yours

The company you works for goes into administration and says you need to take a reduction in wages or there's going to be redundancies. Then the company fails to come out of administration and is transferred to a new holding company. There's no correspondence between you and your employers for a month during your holidays until you are told to come into a meeting on Thursday, but there's also reports that the company will not be able to operate at the same level it once did and you've been advised by an employment expert that you have the legal right to walk away without any penalties. The career you're in could be ended in an instant one day, and probably has a 15 year period in which it will last.

Are you saying you wouldn't exercise your right to leave and seek to find more secure and stable employment? You take the fact this is the club we love out of it and it's a clear cut decision in my books.

The players need to do what's right for them, hard as it is to stomach the club (mainly through those who have run it over the past few years) have not took the consequences for them into consideration, and as such the players shouldn't be vilified for looking after their own careers at this time.

Fair points. All the boy had to do though was wait a couple of weeks to get a better view of which league we'd be playing in. If he so hates that then he can ask to be moved on. We aren't gonna hold him to ransom. Just don't see what the problem would have been in waiting, especially considering this is a lad who's played what, half a dozen top level games?

but we are reinstating his contract to the full terms he agreed when he signed. i can understand any player who wants to move on, after the vote, and it transpires we're in div 3, but it should be done via transfer request. They should be honouring their contracts. If their contract states they can walk away if the club isnt in the SPL, then fair enough.

Football's a short career. I honestly canny blame anybody for wishing tae make the most of it. They would be showing a lack of ambition if they didnae want tae try and get tae the very top in their profession, and players like that, we can do without as we strive to return to greatness. At the end of the day, they'll be replaced. The fight goes on without them.

Save your criticisms for the right people. Murray & Whyte.

Fair points. All the boy had to do though was wait a couple of weeks to get a better view of which league we'd be playing in. If he so hates that then he can ask to be moved on. We aren't gonna hold him to ransom. Just don't see what the problem would have been in waiting, especially considering this is a lad who's played what, half a dozen top level games?

If he stays on though he's tied into a new contract and is therefore in a weaker position from an employment stand point.

The big thing here is not that he doesn't know the level we will be playing at (though I imagine that is a factor), it is that there has been no interaction with the players from the club and therefore there can be no guarantees that the players (those that did not negotiate transfer agreements into their contracts at the time of agreeing lower wages) would be allowed to leave.

The number of games means very little. He might not be established but that doesn't mean a Championship or Premier League club down south won't take him and bring him through. It might actually suit them if they play a different style of football, but feel he can adapt to their style with a bit of work.