If Green agrees he must go or do we Surrender

donmac

The article is quite clearm The SPL want to use us to sell their TV package but relegate us and apply sanctions

surrender = To relinquish possession or control of to another because of demand or compulsion

Do we accept surrender and go to where they can make money from us or do we place ourselves outside their grasp until we are ready to fight again

If green takes us to Division 1 or SPL 2 or considers this now. he must vacate his position

EDIT

In a private document sent to all 30 member clubs on Thursday, which was obtained and published by STV Sport, teams are asked to give their approval to Charles Green's newco playing in the First Division in the 2012/13 season.

Described as the least damaging option to the game in Scotland, a £1m payment would be made to the SFL by the Scottish Premier League to "buy out Rangers' media value" and broadcast second tier games involving the club.

Following talks over league reconstruction between the SFL, the SPL and the Scottish Football Association, five options concerning the future of a Rangers playing professional football were put to clubs in the First, Second and Third Divisions.

With SPL clubs set to vote no to allowing a newco Rangers to play in the top flight when they are balloted on July 4, the onus has shifted onto those in the SFL to accommodate Green's proposed team, protecting the top flight's commercial revenues.

It is also claimed in the document, sent out as a presentation to clubs, that the Settlement Agreement between the SPL and SFL, which sees the breakaway league make a payment of around £2m to the lower leagues each season and allows for promotion and relegation between the top two divisions, would be under threat if a compromise can not be found.

Allowing Rangers to play in the First Division, it is claimed, would reduce the revenue of the SPL "by 30%" but is a figure deemed "financial possible to recover" from.

In return for forgoing the accepted rules and practices of the SFL, demands have been made for a play-off between the two leagues, potentially creating a second promotion slot, as well as a change to financial distribution from the top flight to benefit clubs in the First Division long-term

Green is a business man.

He wants to stay in the SPL as that is where he can make the most money.

If not, his next choice will be division 1, then 2 and 3 as a last resort to avoid a year of no football.

I want to stick it to all the SPL clubs too, and I'd happily pay my full season ticket price to watch the Gers regardless of the division we play in, however, I think we need to prepare ourselves for the likelyhood of the 1st division next year.

I'm backing green, dimples.

We can't challenge things illegal lol still in kinks at these claims. All the sundry can watch us hit with this with no recourse lol aye ok Popeye

If they relegate us from the SPL is there anything he can do?

If Green wants to listen to the fans and go down to division 3 then he must withdraw his application to the SPL.

We cannot be relegated from the SPL they have made that clear - we can only be retained ( hopefully) or expelled -there is no relegation in these circumstances all we can do is apply to the SFL.

If they relegate us from the SPL is there anything he can do?

If Green wants to listen to the fans and go down to division 3 then he must withdraw his application to the SPL.

if we are stuck in Division 1 there os no way i want the spl to benefit from tv rights

what can we do to minimise make their gain

Strangely ive tried twice to call sky to check my contract end date and cant get through!!

We cannot be relegated from the SPL they have made that clear - we can only be retained ( hopefully) or expelled -there is no relegation in these circumstances all we can do is apply to the SFL.

Unless SPL teams vote yes(unlikely but they might if it ends up benefiting them) and then we are instantly relegated.